Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Update 32 named items (Read 12887 times)
Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Re: Update 32 named items
Reply #25 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 6:14pm:
Well, considering you can make the armor/docent and the new trinket part of the set bonuses, it'll probably be more popular on paladins at least.

The set bonus is worth getting if you're going to be wearing the items anyways, but it isn't nearly good enough to be a goal in and of itself.

But hey, plenty of people idiots think that it's worth using as many pieces of LGS as you can on every class/build, so I'm sure there are going to be plenty of idiots using the set who shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:36pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:35pm:
The set bonus is worth getting if you're going to be wearing the items anyways, but it isn't nearly good enough to be a goal in and of itself.

But hey, plenty of people idiots think that it's worth using as many pieces of LGS as you can on every class/build, so I'm sure there are going to be plenty of idiots using the set who shouldn't be.

The big challenge is slotting the base-stat items around the bonus items. This life during heroics I ended up using badly slotted Cannith Crafted items around my Captain's Set to actually get the good stats in!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Hi again stalker.   You definitely can't keep your stupid straight.

First you say this:
Frank wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:42am:
Slot a Master's Gift and something else.  Heavy Fort/FF/Blind Immune/UWA.

20 posts below it in this same thread you directly contradict yourself with this:
Frank wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:35pm:
1) You suggesting using an augment instead of a CC heavy fort item was fucking ignorant.;

By your own definition, that makes you fucking ignorant. 

I don't even have to call you stupid anymore.  You're doing on your own.  You've surpassed the Fran(k) level and gone straight to KNN/P4P mode now.

Thanks for answering the age old question of whether nor not a crazy person realizes they're crazy.  You clearly don't.  There's obviously no point in arguing with you further.  You can't argue with crazy.

Have a nice life Fran(k).
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 1:17pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:18pm:
Hi again stalker.   Y  ~  nice life Fran(k).

Why THE FUCK are you still argueing this bullshit into the ground, you fucking dipshit?! Cry me a fucking river, build a bridge, and get the fuck over it.

And stop polluting every fucking thread with your stupid.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 12:23am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 1:03pm:
WTF? You literally contradict yourself 100% in this OP. How is it power creep if you barely are motivated to grind out the new stuff because it's so incremental?

Seriously dude, respectfully fuck off. I really don't want to get into drama and personal attacks, but it seems unavoidable if I stick around on the vault for long enough.

You must've misread what I said. Because I later clarified that items are EITHER overpowered to the point of providing power creep, or are so useless and/or niche. I apologize for not being 100% clairvoyant in my original post. What a crime.

Look, I really like some things about this forum, but it really could do without the immature, belligerent, and idiotic attitudes here that so many seem to have. I mean just look at this stupid shit between Digimonk and Frank that seems to permeate and invade every recent thread I'm seeing. I have no idea what the personal vendetta is all about, nor do I want to. And for some reason, now you're attacking me without taking the time to even read what I'm saying. I just want to talk about DDO, but many people here can't seem to go two sentences without devolving into a personal attack or trying to flaunt the size of one's e-peen by saying "omg you're an idiot, you weren't 100% lucid and clear in this sentence, lulz @@@1" or whatever. Yeah, I'm not perfect. Sue me.

Turbine's staffed with idiots and nobody there knows how to run DDO. The motherboards are rife with sycophantic assery and unproductive discussion. And yet the vault is no better. It's become abundantly clear to me over my many years playing this game that DDO's community is filled to the brim with idiots, assholes, and large portions of the community who are combinations of the two. There's really no place to go to have decent discussions about the game. So I won't even try. Which disappoints me, because despite all its flaws, DDO is my favorite MMO out there by a large margin, and it'd be nice to have somewhere to have some decent discussions about it. But the vault is not that place, and I am not sure if such a place exists. DDO's community is an absolute shithole.

Yeah, yeah. Inb4 "hello, welcome."

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
...Look, I really like some things about this forum, but it really could do without the immature, belligerent, and idiotic attitudes here that so many seem to have.

....I just want to talk about DDO, but many people here can't seem to go two sentences without devolving into a personal attack or trying to flaunt the size of one's e-peen by saying "omg you're an idiot, you weren't 100% lucid and clear in this sentence, lulz @@@1" or whatever. Yeah, I'm not perfect. Sue me.

...The motherboards are rife with sycophantic assery and unproductive discussion. And yet the vault is no better. It's become abundantly clear to me over my many years playing this game that DDO's community is filled to the brim with idiots, assholes, and large portions of the community who are combinations of the two. There's really no place to go to have decent discussions about the game. So I won't even try. Which disappoints me, because despite all its flaws, DDO is my favorite MMO out there by a large margin, and it'd be nice to have somewhere to have some decent discussions about it. But the vault is not that place, and I am not sure if such a place exists. DDO's community is an absolute shithole.

On the subject of The Vault -

The "community" here, if you care to refer to it as such, is a toxic mix of immature wannabe internet trolls and folks who think that Turbine is the literal devil.

When it comes to the other people who play this game, in particular other people who disagree with them about the whole "Turbine is the devil" thing, the Vaulties tend to view themselves as enlightened purveyors of truth and anyone who has a more nuanced view as sycophants and ass kissers. This leads to a large number of distasteful personal attacks, both on Vault users (many of whom don't deserve it) and Turbine employees (who are probably filled with good intentions for the most part, even if they do tons of shit that you dislike or disagree with).

Furthermore, a high percentage of the folks here suck at DDO just as much as the people on the motherboards, but will happily fill multiple pages arguing with each other and calling each other names even when EVERYONE involved in the discussion is completely wrong.

People here will happily complain about everything in DDO being broken, and then take it as a personal affront when Turbine fixes an exploit that it's their fucking JOB to fix. There's a sense of entitlement that expects Turbine to do exactly what they want when they want it, and even if Turbine does something resembling what they want the porridge is always going to be too hot or too cold.

The Vault as an entity loves nothing more than complaining and attacking. If you came here to have a nuanced discussion about the game, what you like about it, what you hate about it, and what you think should be changed, prepare to have your thread derailed. If you came here for build advice, prepare to be disappointed; for every Vaultie with a clue there are a whole bunch of idiots promoting their latest retarded build.

But if you came here to polish your Turbine hate-boner and join a DDO-flavored 4chan,

Welcome to The Vault.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Seriously dude, respectfully fuck off. I really don't want to get into drama and personal attacks, but it seems unavoidable if I stick around on the vault for long enough.

You must've misread what I said. Because I later clarified that items are EITHER overpowered to the point of providing power creep, or are so useless and/or niche. I apologize for not being 100% clairvoyant in my original post. What a crime.

Look, I really like some things about this forum, but it really could do without the immature, belligerent, and idiotic attitudes here that so many seem to have. I mean just look at this stupid shit between Digimonk and Frank that seems to permeate and invade every recent thread I'm seeing. I have no idea what the personal vendetta is all about, nor do I want to. And for some reason, now you're attacking me without taking the time to even read what I'm saying. I just want to talk about DDO, but many people here can't seem to go two sentences without devolving into a personal attack or trying to flaunt the size of one's e-peen by saying "omg you're an idiot, you weren't 100% lucid and clear in this sentence, lulz @@@1" or whatever. Yeah, I'm not perfect. Sue me.

Turbine's staffed with idiots and nobody there knows how to run DDO. The motherboards are rife with sycophantic assery and unproductive discussion. And yet the vault is no better. It's become abundantly clear to me over my many years playing this game that DDO's community is filled to the brim with idiots, assholes, and large portions of the community who are combinations of the two. There's really no place to go to have decent discussions about the game. So I won't even try. Which disappoints me, because despite all its flaws, DDO is my favorite MMO out there by a large margin, and it'd be nice to have somewhere to have some decent discussions about it. But the vault is not that place, and I am not sure if such a place exists. DDO's community is an absolute shithole.

Yeah, yeah. Inb4 "hello, welcome."

It's "hi welcome"

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 12:36pm:
toxic mix of immature wannabe internet trolls

if it isnt toxic, gtfo

(who are probably filled with good intentions for the most part, even if they do tons of shit that you dislike or disagree with).

cant tell if serious or retarded. probably seriously retarded.

DDO-flavored 4chan,

beta fag

folks who think that Turbine is the literal devil.

have you ever seen ??
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:18pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #33 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:39pm:
...And stop polluting every fucking thread with your stupid.

As opposed to all the high quality, insightful posts you make?

Digimonk:  368 posts, 0.71 Posts per day
noamineo:  2201, 2.75 Posts per day

Most of your post are some version of "Hey, me, too, LOL", "This new thing is great!  Go Turbine!  Yay team! *slurp* *slurp* *slurp*" or "Help! I'm clueless and don't know basic info easily found in the wiki".  Someone could reply to most of your posts with "cool story bro" and it would work.

Yeah... one day I'll get on your level.

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:25pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #34 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
No the vault is what you would get if you cloned the AVGN and filled a whole forum with him.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #35 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:06pm:
It's "hi welcome"

No it's "Hi Welcome"

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 3:22pm:
As opposed to all the high quality, insightful posts you make?

You're one to talk.  I provide you with a numbered list explaining in excruciating detail just how wrong and stupid you are, and you lack the reading comprehension to understand what is spelled out for you in small words and come back with the same inaccurate position I had just destroyed.

Well done, Einstein.  The short bus has a seat with your name on it.

What's worse, you lack the ability to let anything go.  You simply must have the last word, even though you have to know that you're just digging yourself a deeper hole to stand in.  Well, I am probably being far too charitable.  You're probably too stupid to realize just how stupid you are.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Look, I really like some things about this forum, but it really could do without the immature, belligerent, and idiotic attitudes here that so many seem to have. I just want to talk about DDO, but many people here can't seem to go two sentences without devolving into a personal attack or trying to flaunt the size of one's e-peen by saying "omg you're an idiot

Dude.. chill. That's exactly why I use the Vault and why I like this place: I can call someone a faggot instead of the gay and retarded moderated conversations of the cucks in the mother boards.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
for every Vaultie with a clue there are a whole bunch of idiots promoting their latest retarded build.

true, but on mother forums you have the same problem. At least they don't oversell it and say it's so epic and awesome when it isn't. This is a vault problem only.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #39 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Dis thread developed nicely Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:19pm
Print Post  

Let the hate flow through you.

Okay.

Hi Welcome to The Vault.

Your post was broken. You must be a dev. 'Cuz only make broken things.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #41 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
Your post was broken. You must be a dev. 'Cuz only make broken things.

I wanted to include "to The Vault" and didn't think that it would be appropriate.

My bad, I guess
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:59pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #42 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 8:06pm:
You're one to talk.  I provide you with a numbered list explaining in excruciating detail just how wrong and stupid you are, and you lack the reading comprehension to understand what is spelled out for you in small words and come back with the same inaccurate position I had just destroyed.

Well done, Einstein.  The short bus has a seat with your name on it.

What's worse, you lack the ability to let anything go.  You simply must have the last word, even though you have to know that you're just digging yourself a deeper hole to stand in.  Well, I am probably being far too charitable.  You're probably too stupid to realize just how stupid you are.

You failed on item #1 in the list.  Contradicted your own previous statements and fit your own definition of "fucking ignorant".

I saw no point in going further down the list if you failed that hard out of the gate.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:03am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:03am:
You failed on item #1 in the list.  Contradicted your own previous statements and fit your own definition of "fucking ignorant".

Yeah, I contradicted nothing.  You constantly prove that you can't understand words, even when I try really hard to make it easy for you.

You had your one chance to prove me wrong, since your daddy issues clearly force you to try to win my approval.  All you had to do was shut the fuck up and not go for the last word.  I told you you couldn't let this go, but again you're not smart enough to read and understand...anything.

Care to try again?  Just go away.  Shut up.  Let it drop.   You've lost and nothing you say or do can change that.  But you can win if you let this end here!  You are a pathetic puppy seeking my affection if you just have to keep going.  It's your choice entirely, but we both know what is going to happen next, don't we?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #44 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:58pm:
be appropriate.

Oh! I see where you went wrong.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #45 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:45am:
More fail, denial of said fails, and tired, busted insults...

« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2016 at 1:09pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Glad to see some items at 8 myself.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:00pm:

I'd really love to know the story behind this picture. It just raises so many questions...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint