Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic hacking ddo accounts a thing now? (Read 5936 times)
lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

hacking ddo accounts a thing now?
Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:19am
Print Post  
due to some family drama a friend doesn't have internet access but his dad tried to log into his account and the password was changed, he swears he didn't change it and we can see that it was changed almost two days after said drama removed him from internet accessibility. has any one heard of accounts being hacked lately? far-fetched i know but cant think of much else.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: hacking ddo accounts a thing now?
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Aside from the phishing attepmts years earlier, I dunno of any hacking.
They should check for a keylogger, or just face it: they won the bad kind of lottery and some newb hacked their acc.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:00am
Print Post  
I bet they just changed his password from "1234", to "password".

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:51am
Print Post  
They would need to know his username as well as his password, wouldn't they?  So someone guessed both items?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:51am:
They would need to know his username as well as his password, wouldn't they?  So someone guessed both items?

His user name was "username".

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:33am
Print Post  

They can get the username from the official forum?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:18am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:33am:

Only if the account name is set the same as the user/forum name, and they don't need to be.

I suspect that if Dad wanted him to play less DDO, it wouldn't be too difficult for him to use whatever account name is shown in the launcher and either guess the password or use whatever password was stored in the browser on that machine for myaccount.turbine.com.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:33am:

It would be extremely unwise to use your game account username as your forum handle. 

I was assuming the person in question was aware of this basic internet security precaution.  That may be a false assumption on my part, given the age of the person.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:37am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:18am:
I suspect that if Dad wanted him to play less DDO, it wouldn't be too difficult for him to use whatever account name is shown in the launcher and either guess the password or use whatever password was stored in the browser on that machine for myaccount.turbine.com.

I agree.  The Dad could probably either guess the password, or, even better, should know it already.  No age was stated here, but if the kid was a pre-teen/young teen, it's quite likely the parent knows their password to all games and apps.

it is possible that the kid changed the password and didn't tell the Dad, which may be against family rules (it is for my kids, age depending).  Rather than take the heat, blame it on being hacked.

« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:39am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

The Royal Shit-Bird
Dirty Sock

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:58am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:19am:
due to some family drama a friend doesn't have internet access but his dad tried to log into his account and the password was changed, he swears he didn't change it and we can see that it was changed almost two days after said drama removed him from internet accessibility. has any one heard of accounts being hacked lately? far-fetched i know but cant think of much else.

Lemme guess  the Drama involved him fucking up and dad was sick of paying $10/mo. And magically the acct was"hacked"

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Is it possible any of the "family drama" included another member of the family who may have known the password stealing the account?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
The Royal Shit-Bird wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:58am:
Lemme guess  the Drama involved him fucking up and dad was sick of paying $10/mo. And magically the acct was"hacked"

I'm going with "Kid doesn't want his Dad fucking with his account" and so changed the PW at a friends house, library, or whatever.  Because there's never been a case of a kid lying to their parent before.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
hacking ddo accounts in 2016. kek

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
we can see that it was changed almost two days after

Pull the other one...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:37am:
No age was stated here

hes 18

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
hes 18

Then he may or may not have shared the password with his Dad.  At that point, hes and adult.  His Dad has no business in his DDO account without his permission.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 5:00am
Print Post  
Ok lostthenloved, lets play more Barkochba, after the age question: Is this person in question you? Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 5:41am
Print Post  
still wondering what familly drama can break ones internet access? Smiley Never thought internet is fammily dependent thing:)

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #18 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 5:56am
Print Post  

Most rapes occur from someone the victim knows.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #19 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:29pm:
Then he may or may not have shared the password with his Dad.  At that point, hes and adult.  His Dad has no business in his DDO account without his permission.

"As long as you're living in my house, you'll follow my rules."

18 may be an adult for legal purposes, but do you really expect an 18 year old DDO player who is still living at Dad's house to act like an adult?

The account password was changed.  Maybe dad did it, maybe it was the 18 year old, maybe it was Putin.  The details of this family drama are less interesting than knowing if Fran holds the left or right shift key to make his exclamation marks.

Good troll, op.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #20 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 8:34am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:53am:
Fran holds the left or right shift key to make his exclamation marks.

I figured he set one of the custom keys on his keyboard to it.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Holds both and smashes face on board.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 5:00am:
Ok lostthenloved, lets play more Barkochba, after the age question: Is this person in question you? Cheesy

I'm 25 and grew up in foster care.

As to why family drama means no internet.  He left home.

As fo age of adaulthood,  I'm mot sure if 18 is the magic number in the country they are in (not the u.s.  and I don't know what the drama is cus it wasn't my concern. I just figured if someone was hacking ddo accounts someone here would have heard about it, or more likely was the one doing it and wanted to know how likely a possibility it was. Not a troll just said I'd put my feelers out there.

And as for why he was getting on his sons account he was removing his credit card number from his sons account and mist likely taking back the ottos boxes he bougjt him lmao

Any way pardon typos posting from work on my phone atm  so apologies.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 10:22am
Print Post  
no one ever is hacking ddo accounts unless its someone else who plays ddo that you pissed off enough to social engineer all over your face

the op seems to tell me that :
  • guy left home
  • called home and told dad to log into his account
  • dad was unable to get in
  • dude swore he didnt change pass
  • through undetailed means determined the date and time that the password was changed on an account they cant access
  • blamed hackers

• but the thread reads as:
  • dad got mad and ended internet
  • dad got mad and changed password
  • someone else in the family changed the password
  • sue dad
  • bad luck actually hacked

so without further clarification on something i cant really draw any conclusions

i can say that 'dad' might have typed it wrong or just not even tried

i am also curious how you are determining when a password was changed on an account you cant access. this implies that you can get that information for any account, because all accounts (currently including his own) are inaccessible.

if this is your friend you should get his account info and try yourself, then maybe on his behalf get his email creds and try to request a password recovery, also have him go somewhere with internet and do it himself or just call turbine. why does any of this matter if he doesnt have internet. weird fucking thread
  •   

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
    Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
    does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

lostthenloved
    Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 12:09pm
    Print Post  
    Turbine sent an email saying that the account info was changed.  As for calling turbine tgere is a 14 hour  time difference and he no longer has a cell phone. I guess I haven't spoken to him directly just the dad. Like I said just kinda wanted to figure out how likely it is that it was a hack. Does not appear to be the case. Also last I heard there were no charges to the credit card and if someone were enough of  an asshole to hack an account an there was a credit card there while otto box's were on sale than they'd probably load up. So I figured it was a long shot to begin with but now I'm pretty sure it is not a hack. Probably just changed the pw to keep jis dad from taking the otto boxs and lied till he can get in game to protect em better

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
    Send TopicPrint