Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Warlock balancing :) (Read 21012 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Warlock balancing :)
Reply #50 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Anyway, they can't balance the Races, the classes in Heroics and in Epics, the Enhancements, the Feats... and balance the Destinies at the same time.

So at some point a given combination of Race/Classes/Destiny/Twists/Feats/Enhancements will overperform compared to the rest of the combination.
They just need to understand that and move along... Said another way : they should stop tinkering with the system.
Either they go the whole shebang and basically create a DDO2 ( resetting Destinies, Enhancements and Feats for all ) or they should just stop doing shitty things.  ( and I'm not whining my bardlock is LVL 6, my plain warlock is LVL 2, so basically I don't care )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #51 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 12:04pm:
FTFY

Good fix.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
Anyway, they can't balance the Races, the classes in Heroics and in Epics, the Enhancements, the Feats... and balance the Destinies at the same time.

So at some point a given combination of Race/Classes/Destiny/Twists/Feats/Enhancements will overperform compared to the rest of the combination.
They just need to understand that and move along... Said another way : they should stop tinkering with the system.
Either they go the whole shebang and basically create a DDO2 ( resetting Destinies, Enhancements and Feats for all ) or they should just stop doing shitty things.  ( and I'm not whining my bardlock is LVL 6, my plain warlock is LVL 2, so basically I don't care )

Ask for balance is silly, like borelocks.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #53 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 11:51pm:
For the analogy, the closest rock star I can think to Turbine is Keith Richards - drug fucked hazbeen.

They think of themselves as rock stars, but even Richards has more talent and relevance left than they'll ever have. They are toddlers banging on pans with wooden spoons while their mommies praise them for the beautiful music they are making  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:58pm:
They are toddlers banging on pans with wooden spoons while their mommies praise them for the beautiful music they are making  Roll Eyes

Oh, that is good.
I'll pay that one!

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 12:38am:
and also called the DDO forums "the shithole."

You do realize there is an algorithm that runs when you post on the Vault that will automatically replace at least one phrase that refers to the D.D.O. forums with cursing, right? If you go look up my boobies, I can assure you I did not use the phrasing that is used in that post. If I have time later, I'll even look it up for you.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:02pm:
My warlock life needed an extra skill point per level to have better balance.

Love your work.
Cheesy

IP Logged

Coffeetime
Waterworks Kobold

I Love!

Reply #57 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:08am:
Just get rid of the kill count and every whiner can have a boner over their imagined greatness. Whatever build they use.

A splendid solution.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
What's the problem with that Ziindarax guy in the thread? I can't belive I read this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478417-Warlock-Balancing?p=5869293&vie...

Quote:
Warlock is not an easy button, per-se. It is possible, even as a bladeforged warlock, to get creamed in higher (and lower) end heroics. I've been killed by traps I did not anticipate (or arrogantly considered myself immune to - I wasn't). They take skill to play effectively (especially in Epic elite), and with my pure level 20 Bladeforged Warlock, I've actually had to hit rest shrines more often than I've ever had to (my prior builds being more mana efficient). Granted, Wail of the Banshee can be a bit of a guzzler.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
And he's from player's council. Why they choose the tards for that?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:47pm:
What's the problem with that Ziindarax guy in the thread? I can't belive I read this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478417-Warlock-Balancing?p=5869293&vie...

scrub on orien. first time i met him we were both on 14 pally mechs when they were new. first thing he says to me is "i see youre doing the space marine build". I'm like, nah nigga, just a pally mech. fuk your shitty titles bitch. So he dies left and right then proceeds to bitch about how the build is so squishy. hvy armor, pally saves, lay on hands+cure spells, and defender stance is squishy for him.... 

he doesnt come here, but if one of his friends would be so kind to point out this post for him : slit your fukin wrists so you cant type anymore, you fuking faggot !!!!

The guy is a badsie. His builds are bad. his playing is bad. he is bad. he should feel bad.

Basically the guy is just trying to not get his warlock nerfed cos it's the first time he did something that made him feel like he wasnt bad.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:48pm:

Because the tards all ride the short bus together.  It's the power of friendship!  I mean, seriously.
Quote:
Actually seeing the build helps me determine how it is possible to get all those hitpoints

This is Digimook levels of stupid, residing in the player's council.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:41am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:38am:
This is Digimook levels of stupid, residing in the player's council.

Says the stalker that makes Fran look reasonable...

You know, at first I thought you might actually be a sock of Fran or vice versa.  Then you went full retard on the fortification stuff and proved that you're not because even Fran is smarter than that.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:52am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #63 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:56pm:
Basically the guy is just trying to not get his warlock nerfed cos it's the first time he did something that made him feel like he wasnt bad.

This fag Nuubins is right on the spot, I can tell  Wink

That will happen to a LOT of idiots peps, those same idiots peps that when someone comes up with a good build that requires some skill to play bitch and moan 24/7 for it to be nerfed Smiley. That's what makes it so funny.

Karma,  bitch Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:06am by () »  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:06am
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
Ask for balance is silly, like borelocks.

Hahahah do you ever get bored of attacking all DDO forums with ur hatred of warlocks? It's pretty funny tho. Have you attacked the DDO reddit yet?

So much hate in this one

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #65 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:48pm:

They try to pull the PC membership from the entire player base.  They don't want just metagamers, power gamers, and experts.  Although that subset of the population have a much better in depth knowledge of game mechanics and build synergies and such, they tend to only see things through that lens. 

Thus they look for some players who play Permadeath, casually, alt-oholics, role-players, etc, to get a wide variety of perspectives. 

For example, there are a whole host of people who cared more about what gnome beards looked like and their dance looked like than the enhancement tree, racial stats or PL.  That was their deciding factor on if they were happy.  And those people spend money too.   

I suspect that's why they took Uurlock.   Grin Grin Grin   (Or maybe he just badgered the shit out of them till they couldn't stand it anymore.  That seems to be his MO.  Be as annoying and persistent as possible so that they give you what you want just to get a moment's peace.)

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #66 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Aye, that was one of the dumber posts.

"wraith form shiradi archmage, sword and boards cleric (lol) and toaster 12 monk with ameliorating strike (wtf) are pretty bad in good destiny - shiradi and LD.

"Crank out damage" in Sentinel . Now come on dude.

Shitty players like Fran - lol posting "solos" of old shit on the same retarded ES build that every keyboard turning and mouse clicking nub that fail on every other class is running, defending that stupid class.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #67 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
It is very fun how some of them try so hard to put other good but not so OP/easybutton builds like furishitters, tempest, kenseis, etc, who were not even part of the discussion, at the same lvl of OPness as warlock.

There's no other class that allows a 1rst life nuub to solo all EE and LE content with ease dumping your main stat used for damage and  using heroic level gear LOLZ  Cheesy

I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:03am:
This fag Nuubins is right

always right. nigga

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 11:19am:
"wraith form shiradi archmage, sword and boards cleric (lol) and toaster 12 monk with ameliorating strike (wtf) are pretty bad in good destiny - shiradi and LD.

"Crank out damage" in Sentinel . Now come on dude..

wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:50am:
Then you went full retard on the fortification stuff and proved that you're not because even Fran is smarter than that.

"Full retard" being, in your tiny mind, paying 2.5x as much for the same effect you can get 10 levels previously.

More for less, less later is "full retard" for you, because you are a full on retard.

You are my bitch.
My bitch posts when I make them post.  You are my bitch.
My bitch desperately seeks my approval.  You are my bitch.
My bitch uses my approval of an item that isn't even in the game yet as a reversal of an earlier position.  You are my bitch.
My bitch uses a list of 4 non-scaling effects as a reversal of an earlier position on but one of those effects.  You are my bitch.

I couldn't have trained up a tighter bitch if I had tried.  Thank you for being my bitch, Digimook.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 2:49pm:
It is very fun how some of them try so hard to put other good but not so OP/easybutton builds like furishitters, tempest, kenseis, etc, who were not even part of the discussion, at the same lvl of OPness as warlock.

This just emphasis how little you truly know about ES Warlock and true end-game content.

If you believe n ES Warlock is OP in the true end-game you are:

(a) Not very good at playing other toons
(b) have clearly never set foot in LE Shroud

In LE Shroud an ES warlock is literally last on the list of toons you want. They bring nothing to the table. Mediocre single target DPS at best. There are literally toons that are better at every aspect of the game in LE Shroud than a lock, from clearing trash to beating portals.

The only usefull lock in LE shroud is a full retard Necromancer...but require a shit ton more work and investment in gear/pastlifes...but I beleive this whole discussion is about ES locks...

Dont get me wrong, in normal vanilla EE and LE questing a Lock is Godmode for sure...but in the only end game raid that is still challenging to PUGS they are really fucking shit.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2016 at 6:33pm by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #72 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 5:46pm:
"Full retard" being, in your tiny mind, paying 2.5x as much for the same effect you can get 10 levels previously.

More for less, less later is "full retard" for you, because you are a full on retard.

You are my bitch.
My bitch posts when I make them post.  You are my bitch.
My bitch desperately seeks my approval.  You are my bitch.
My bitch uses my approval of an item that isn't even in the game yet as a reversal of an earlier position.  You are my bitch.
My bitch uses a list of 4 non-scaling effects as a reversal of an earlier position on but one of those effects.  You are my bitch.

I couldn't have trained up a tighter bitch if I had tried.  Thank you for being my bitch, Digimook.

Still stalking eh?  Your butthole must be just plain out raw if you're still sore from that other thread.

Even worse, you've apparently run out of original thought and are now just recycling insults that everyone used with KNN.  Pretty sad dude... pretty sad.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:39pm:
Still stalking eh?

You are my bitch.

You'd like to think that you aren't.  But you are.  I own you.  Bitch, you love me.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #74 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:49pm:
You are my bitch.

You'd like to think that you aren't.  But you are.  I own you.  Bitch, you love me.

Weak.

Well, you've now confirmed you were a coke head.  That explains a lot. 

Now I just sort of feel sorry for you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint