Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Warlock balancing :) (Read 21049 times)
zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Warlock balancing :)
Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Oh boy, the forum paladins have cried, and the devs have listened...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478417-Warlock-Balancing

Post #10...warlock re-balancing due after u32  Cheesy

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Warlock balancing :)
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:43am
Print Post  
What is this?  The 3rd balance pass on Warlock?  Lol.  Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
This will be, what?  The fourth "Relatively small, targeted balance adjustments to Warlock" since they decided they had sold enough of them?

They should concentrate on finishing the class passes.  They should actually manage to get the unarmed fixes coded. 

They have delayed and pushed back so much previously announced work because they keep getting distracted by useless crap like this instead.  A person might be excused for concluding that they simply can't actually do certain things due to their incompetence, and so they have to keep looking for other things to fill their time.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:43am:
What is this?  The 3rd balance pass on Warlock?  Lol.  Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

might as well drop the price too. Fucken retards...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
Some interesting opinions there! Let's break that down:

Wolf/Tree build fixes are coming.
The timing has less to do with the severity or priority and more to do with the complexity.
Yes, there is time to fix Warlock before broken Druid abilities. It takes less time to repair a crack than rebuild an entire wall.

Planned Warlock changes are based primarily on data collection and testing.
Warlocks aren't the most powerful damage-dealers in the game right now, but neither are Paladins or Barbarians.
For that matter, we really haven't been hearing that "Melee players are upset that their OP Paladins and Barbarians aren't miles ahead of all the Casters anymore" at all. Even if we had, it would not be the sole deciding factor.

Endgame is not the only measure that counts.
The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Anyway!

Hope everyone is having a fine morning.

Looks like they are hitting all the sweet spots.  Wolf and Tree build changes coming too. 

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, there is time to fix Warlock before broken Druid abilities. It takes less time to repair a crack than rebuild an entire wall. 

Translation: we lack the talent, money, time to fix everything, so we're fixing the small things that we do understand and can fix while we ride things out to the end. 

In other words, treating a 10 year old game like a lot of people treat a 10 year old car's maintenance.  Not surprising if you've paid attention to Turbine's priorities and approaches.

By the way, I use the word "fix" because that was his word, not because I personally describe it as a fix.  Though it does reveal a mindset.  When presented with a figurative flood in the valley, you fix it by putting your finger in a dike even when there are other dams that crumbled years ago.

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Steelshit said:
Quote:
Wolf/Tree build fixes are coming.

The timing has less to do with the severity or priority and more to do with the complexity.

Exactly what I figured he'd say.
"Doing hard stuff is so very hard, we need to distract ourselves with some easy stuff to make it look like we're just so busy that the delays in doing the hard stuff might appear justified."
Tweaking a number in already coded Warlock routines is trivial.  Unfucking hand wraps, well that would take some talent.  And they've already admitted that they just don't have that kind of talent, which is why they decided to make handwraps into weapons instead of fixing all the places where handwraps are just broken because for years they have failed to code things correctly for them.

What a pack of loser developers Turbine has on their payroll.
And Lynnabell actually called these incompetents "Rock stars."  The Ted Nugents of coding, maybe.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:08pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
The butthurt is strong in this one.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Fucking sad that real issues raised by many are not even commented on but a stupid butthurt opinion by the forum cock gobblers is pounced on and fixed ........

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Fucking retards. I don't really give a shit about mild nerfs for this OP class, but don't they have better things to do? It's like concerning themselves with the chrono speed bug. There's so much broken, so much unbalanced, half-finished shit in this game, and they are tinkering with stuff that should not really be a priority.

fucking asshats, I hope the next half of those losers get the boot soon, the local wendy's franchise needs motivated employees.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
My favorite is all the "Well if you nerf X then you better nerf Y next" posts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
mwuahahah

love the forum tears.... and they even roped in a dev to respond.

this is better than playing the game right now

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
yup xD

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Go Steelstar! Nuke hard! So glad that we have woken the dragon.

But don't stop there, we need some adjustment of PRR and to rebalance ranged combat.

jesus wept into his tissues ...... you can almost smell the boners these cunts have atm
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:16pm by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:27am:
Wolf and Tree build changes coming too. 

Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
jesus wept into his tissues ...... you can almost smell the boners these cunts have atm

omg.. that poor kid would wear a steelstar jersey while waiting in line to get it autographed. except he's not a kid....

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
omg.. that poor kid would wear a steelstar jersey while waiting in line to get it autographed. except he's not a kid....

Wonder how long it will take them to realize that the winner's circle in the "Get all the good builds nerfed!" contest is a lonely, empty game devoid of power gamers who currently carry people like him through the difficult content?
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2016 at 4:01pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:43pm:
Fucking sad that real issues raised by many are not even commented on but a stupid butthurt opinion by the forum cock gobblers is pounced on and fixed ........

DDOcrackhead wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:57pm:
Fucking retards. I don't really give a shit about mild nerfs for this OP class, but don't they have better things to do? It's like concerning themselves with the chrono speed bug. There's so much broken, so much unbalanced, half-finished shit in this game, and they are tinkering with stuff that should not really be a priority.

You both just don't get it.  They have to pounce on insignificant things to do, because all that half finished and broken stuff you mentioned is just light years beyond their abilities to complete or correct.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 4:01pm:
Wonder how long it will take them to realize that the winner's circle in the "Get all the good builds nerfed!" contest is a lonely, empty game devoid of power gamers who currently carry people like him through the difficult content?

Yeah, cause without that 1% of the game population that is power gamers it would be very lonely and empty.  Lol.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 9:06pm:
Yeah, cause without that 1% of the game population that is power gamers it would be very lonely and empty.  Lol. 

Normally, you'd be right.  That's if the game had a reasonably healthy population.

After the fiasco with the datacenter move lag though, it has been getting harder and harder to fill raids with enough quality players to shortman EE raids.  I kid you not, we had a pure wizard running in LD destiny with 700ish HP join our LFMs for EE raids last night and then complained because he died a lot.

A few extra hardcore players missing from each night's LFMs will be noticeable and possibly the difference between the raids being run on hard/elite instead of gimping it through on normal for the completion.  Once it drops below being able to consistently run raids on EH/EE, more hardcore gamers will get bored and leave. 

When that happens, the sheep will be standing around bitching about the lack of epic LFMs and demanding that the devs do something to fix it.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #20 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Shining through be gone.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 10:29pm:
Re: Warlock balancing Smiley    Asheras wrote Yesterday at 9:06pm:

Normally, you'd be right.  That's if the game had a reasonably healthy population.

After the fiasco with the datacenter move lag though, it has been getting harder and harder to fill raids with enough quality players to shortman EE raids.  I kid you not, we had a pure wizard running in LD destiny with 700ish HP join our LFMs for EE raids last night and then complained because he died a lot.

A few extra hardcore players missing from each night's LFMs will be noticeable and possibly the difference between the raids being run on hard/elite instead of gimping it through on normal for the completion.  Once it drops below being able to consistently run raids on EH/EE, more hardcore gamers will get bored and leave. 

When that happens, the sheep will be standing around bitching about the lack of epic LFMs and demanding that the d

This is true...Cannith is a ghost town raid wise, other than the one, maybe two static LE raid grps that don't post LFM's.

And exactly as DigiMonk said, if you dont let 700hp wizards in LD into your LE raid grp they cry like little babies and blame you for being elitist etc etc...

I kid you not one of my guildies joined a LH shroud LFM a while ago..all capped lvl 30 toons...they had 35 deaths in part 1...without this XXX % of power gamers no raids will be run on even Legendary Hard, I am sure of it....

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
blahblahblah leading the kill count blahblahblah

Just get rid of the kill count and every whiner can have a boner over their imagined greatness. Whatever build they use.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:08am:
Just get rid of the kill count and every whiner can have a boner over their imagined greatness. Whatever build they use.

Best Fucking Idea EVAHHHHHH

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Sep 8th, 2016 at 6:08am:

Yes!!! ^^^^^

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint