Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Character sheet specs spell power, crit, AC etc.. (Read 1115 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Character sheet specs spell power, crit, AC etc..
Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
So hovering over things like AC will give you a breakdown of the stat bonuses.  So for Spell power, crit, and multiplier I generally look at that when switching around gear just in case I am missing something and actually downgrading a particular stat rather than upgrading.  My question is, how solid are those numbers in terms of being what the game engine is actually using? Or can the character sheet show one thing but the actual number being used, say crit multiplier is something different, say lower.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Character sheet specs spell power, crit, AC etc..
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I know that the values change when I change enhancements, feats, and gear as would be expected.  So, the math on them seems to be accurate as to what your character should be getting, per the stated effects on the items (excluding the known bugs, ofc).  And it's my understanding that these character sheet screens are how people find bugs where stated effects aren't WAI.

I have no idea if those numbers on this screen are actually being used by the game engine.  There are some that show you the dice roll and the modifier that are easy to determine if they are accurate:

Critical Hits
Saves and Skill checks
Attack rolls

Some, it is hard to tell.  Spell DC's, Spell Pen, Spell Power, melee power, sneak attacks, PRR are all examples of things where they just give you the end result.  They don't show you the math. 

The ones that do show the dice roll + modifier all seem to be accurate, afaik.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
They're mostly accurate but the occasional bugs do affect them as well.  Someone else here was kind enough to point this one out to me a few weeks ago.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477365-Ruin-and-other-previous-force-i...

The display was correct.  The back end code just wasn't applying the Force spell power from certain items to certain spells iirc.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2016 at 1:43pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
OK thanks.  With this game you can never be sure.. LOL.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 1:32pm:
I have no idea. 

FTFYSFSB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint