Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Con based dire charge dc (Read 3088 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Con based dire charge dc
Sep 14th, 2016 at 12:28am
Print Post  
del
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2016 at 8:21pm by »  

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Con based dire charge dc
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:17am
Print Post  
There is not a single quest in the game where dire charge is needed on a pure 20 lock.

Although 110 DC is impressive, Dire Charge on a Lock is a poor choice imo.

Even going con based is not needed...

Red alert dungeon...evards...hellball...pooff mobs on LE gone...dont even get to use blasts or eburst...

Hellball still gazillion procs shiradi shit it seems as an evards  followed by a hellball kills LE mobs straight away...so I cant see any time where dire charge is really needed other than flavour...

If not in shiradi ....red alert...evards...divine wrath...maybe an eburst...poof LE mobs gone...

If you take more than a second or two to clear a pack of LE mobs on a pure 20 lock you are doing it wrong...

Red named DPS is still pants though   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:20am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:50am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:17am:
There is not a single quest in the game where dire charge is needed on a pure 20 lock.Although 110 DC is impressive, Dire Charge on a Lock is a poor choice imo.Even going con based is not needed...Red alert dungeon...evards...hellball...pooff mobs on LE gone...dont even get to use blasts or eburst...Hellball still gazillion procs shiradi shit it seems as an evards  followed by a hellball kills LE mobs straight away...so I cant see any time where dire charge is really needed other than flavour...If not in shiradi ....red alert...evards...divine wrath...maybe an eburst...poof LE mobs gone...If you take more than a second or two to clear a pack of LE mobs on a pure 20 lock you are doing it wrong...

zoriaan wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 6:25pm:
This just emphasis how little you truly know about ES Warlock and true end-game content.If you believe n ES Warlock is OP in the true end-game you are:(a) Not very good at playing other toons(b) have clearly never set foot in LE ShroudIn LE Shroud an ES warlock is literally last on the list of toons you want. They bring nothing to the table. Mediocre single target DPS at best. There are literally toons that are better at every aspect of the game in LE Shroud than a lock, from clearing trash to beating portals.The only usefull lock in LE shroud is a full retard Necromancer...but require a shit ton more work and investment in gear/pastlifes...but I beleive this whole discussion is about ES locks...

Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Tongue

LOLZ  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:53am by () »  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Reading comprehension fail on your part....read those two sections you quoted again...

() wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:50am:
There is not a single quest

Top quote refers to LE quests...not raids...

Bottom quote refers to LE Shroud...a raid...

() wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:50am:
LE Shroud

BIG difference between trash mobs in LE Quest and LE Shroud...

Lock is still shit in LE shroud unless its an instakiller....go back to playing hello kitty online and take some reading lessons while you're at it...
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:14am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:17am:
If you take more than a second or two to clear a pack of LE mobs on a pure 20 lock you are doing it wrong...

There are literally toons that are better at every aspect of the game in LE Shroud than a lock, from clearing trash to

have clearly never set foot in LE Shroud

zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:11am:
go back to playing hello kitty online and take some reading lessons while you're at it...

Why so salty man  Smiley Do you always carry sand in your vagina or only when someone outs you as a clueless moron who has no idea how a warlock works?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS: Did you already figured out how to build/play a warlock properly in LE raids? Grin

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Your math looks good, however, I would argue that a pure Con, ES warlock in US is leaving a lot of DPS on the table for very little return.  The value of Dire Charge over, say Evards, Howl of Terror, or even Web is somewhat questionable and the corresponding loss of DPS vs. going Int or Charisma and using a destiny that adds to DPS, like EA or Shiradi does not lower survivability that much and greatly adds more offensive power to the build. 

All that said, if your goal is massive HP, defenses, and CC (in the form of dire charge), then I think you have accomplished those goals with what you describe and a 110 DC is going to be very effective, even in the toughest LE content out there today.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Mm thinking drop feat to keep hellball, and 4 quality gear on helm to keep pansophic circlet, so 104.

Not bad. Not godly, but not bad. 104 dire charge dc > arcane pulse, that's for sure.

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:19am by »  

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:11am:
only when someone outs you as a clueless moron who has no idea how a warlock works?

Ultimately I don't give a shit what your opinion is, just just like you  dont give a shit about mine...that is the beautiful thing about opinions...

But you all treat Tilo like this master builder who knows what he is taking about...trust me his builds are not as uber as he makes them out to be...he keeps making these claims that electric critzilla is godmode crap, his iceball spammer hits harder than a pure sorc blah blah...

Come over to cannith and play with him...you will see what I mean...

A con based massive HP pool lock leaves too much DPS on the table.

And the other posts of mine about locks were a reply to some tards on here who claim locks are way to OP...yes they are amazing at trash clearing mobs in quests, but not so much in raids...

but again it is just my opinion...I think Vaultaccount hit the nail on the head when he said this place has become like a ddo ghetto...
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:34pm by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
But you all treat Tilo like this master builder who knows what he is taking about...trust me his builds are not as uber as he makes them out to be...he keeps making these claims that electric critzilla is godmode crap, his iceball spammer hits harder than a pure sorc blah blah...

Come over to cannith and play with him...you will see what I mean....

Yes.

IP Logged

Useless Twat
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:01am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
Come over to cannith and play with him...you will see what I mean...

ha! yes. i agree with Pseudo and Zorian ... i've ran with him and it's usually painful to watch
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:01am by Useless Twat »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:22am
Print Post  
del
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2016 at 8:22pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint