Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) What has this game come too? (Read 5008 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: What has this game come too?
Reply #25 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:01pm:
The content was enjoyable. Now it isn't. It feels like grind. that's the problem. You need grind that doesn't feel like it. That's how they made us run DQ, Abbot and ToD 80 times. And, of course, the items would be useful for years.

Look what happened in the last updates:

U29 invalidated most of DoJ loot, Sightless is the only I can think about that lasted a bit longer
U31 invalidated most of U29 loot and Sightless (DoJ dies)
U32 invalidated everything else, except a few pieces of LGS for specific builds

DQ was valuable for about 15 months.  Outside of Torc.  It came out Oct 25, 06.  Nobody ran that for anything after the cap went to 16 and Shroud came out in feb, 2008. 

Abbott was valuable even less time.  Outside of Litany.  Oct 2007.  By the summer of 2008, there was very little of value. 

Both had non-raid items that were valuable, though, for a while.  Like the Bloodstone and the Minos Legens.  But neither of those was a "grind".

ToD, you have a point.  But only because GS didn't make rings and they literally created ZERO named rings (except for a few cannith challenge rings) until MoTU in 2012.  ToD had a long run.

You find that releases that come right before a level cap raise tend to get invalidated quickly.  That happened with DQ, Abbott, Reavers Fate, and LoB/MA.  And DoJ.  Those raids had their power level set at the old cap and then the cap goes up within 4-6 months.  Now the power level is off. 

The Hound/TS armors are still valuble.  LGS is still valuable.  U31 items are still worthwhile (Ring of Prowress, for example).

This is recency bias.  TF weapons had a two year run.  (And are still very useful, especially in leveling).  TOEE had an 18 month+ run (and are still used).  I'd say anything before U29 is mostly toast, but a big part of that is that they set the ML of the LGS at 26 (same as HH and lower than MoD, TF tier 3, and DoJ) and are putting this loot at 28.  Their desire to make loot useful at more than cap is nice, but it kills the loot that used to be at that level.  Because it is legendary power at level 26 or 28.  If they hadn't done that, then the DoJ and MoD and TF stuff would still have value, at least in leveling.  But if they do that, then all the people who say "I don't have interest in this gear because I don't stay at cap" would be upset.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #26 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:39pm:
WRONG

A "fully upgraded item" takes 2400 of the collectables.
700 of each of the "more common" items = 2100
100 of each of the "less common" items = 300

This is a HUGE grind

Tell me how the grind "is not that bad" AFTER you have a FULLY upgraded item.

The "grind" isn't bad at all if you have bots, but I can see how anyone who doesn't have multiple accounts available could find it painful.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #27 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 5:18pm:
at least 30 OVER 9000!!! (ACTUALLY over 100) runs of the chain Grin

ftfya yw
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 11:18pm by Mr »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 11:17pm:
ftfya yw

idk, i am at 8 runs(ransacked) on one toon atm. 6 le, 2 lh. have 300~ of all prefix/suffix/extra/ wont be able to do extra 2 or aug slots yet. but 3 more runs of the chain on le and i can craft prefix/suffix/extra item. looking at con 17/kin lore 27/spellcraft 22 ring for my shiradi.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #29 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:39am:
nah, I want to dick around for 12 hours straight to make 1 item.  Cool

I want to dick around for 12 hours straight to make 1 item.  Cool

I want to dick around for 12 hours straight.  Cool

I want dick around for 12 hours straight  Cool

Quote:
I want dick for 12 hours straight  Cool

dick for 12 hours straight.  Cool

Oh Rubbins...

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:06am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:45pm:
To answer your question - plenty outside DDO.

I was talking about in game Smiley

But yeah I absolutely agree with this statement...I usually play DDO for about 4-5 weeks...then take breaks for about the same amount of time, as this is the only way the game stays enjoyable for me...

Exactly as you mention....if people feel the grind is too much...do something else.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 2:48am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:37am:
Oh Rubbins...

have you never kept it up for that long? no? amateur....

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:30am:
idk, i am at 8 runs(ransacked) on one toon atm. 6 le, 2 lh. have 300~ of all prefix/suffix/extra/ wont be able to do extra 2 or aug slots yet. but 3 more runs of the chain on le and i can craft prefix/suffix/extra item. looking at con 17/kin lore 27/spellcraft 22 ring for my shiradi.

On a single  LE (which is 25 min, 40 min, 30 min - About 1:35 or 1:40 per run) I see about 110-120 of the mats and 3-4 rings, 3-4 chains.  The Shackles (wrist/feet item) seem to drop slightly less.  There are probably about 20 chests total in the 3 runs that drop mats. 

My understanding of drop rates:

LE - Unbound - Stack of 8 or 9
       Bound    - Stack of 5

LH - Unbound - Stack of 5
       Bound - Stack of 3

LN - Not run yet, but heard in chat, 1 ing per chest.

I think you can trim some time off the LE run, we were hitting every room.  An optimized path and some strategic invis might get that down to 1 hour 15 min or so.  That was a strong guild run though.  LE pugs can take much longer if the group has some dead weight. 

The grind doesn't feel too bad.  It's tough, but it feels less than ToEE for a fully upgraded weapon+armor set or a TF Tier 3. 

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #33 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:02am:
The grind doesn't feel too bad.  It's tough, but it feels less than ToEE for a fully upgraded weapon+armor set or a TF Tier 3.

Huh Huh Huh

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:56am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:40pm:
OK even if it is a huge grind, what else is there to do...if not this then the TR train or whatnot...this entire game is a "grind" no matter which way you look at it no?

Yes. Except when you "grind" the rest of the game, you have fun. Because you can choose from all of the content. You basically get insulted at the end reward, but at least there's variety.

What's weird, to me, is that Turbine is committed to discouraging players from running old content. Yet time playing the game is time playing game. Why isn't that worthless garbage they stuff into your inventory after running Reaver's Refuge, to pick just one example, tradeable for more recent gear? Even at an insane Turbined exchange rate? (I've already accepted the absurdity that Turbine is incapable of updating old named loot; the last time they tried, it got feathered instead.)

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
DQ was valuable for about 15 months.  Outside of Torc.  It came out Oct 25, 06.  Nobody ran that for anything after the cap went to 16 and Shroud came out in feb, 2008.

Abbott was valuable even less time.  Outside of Litany.  Oct 2007.  By the summer of 2008, there was very little of value. 

Of course DQ was not that hot for heroics after the cap was raised, but after epic it was ran. Abbot too. Both were in the calendar of most endgame guilds until 2012.

Asheras wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:41pm:
The Hound/TS armors are still valuble.  LGS is still valuable.  U31 items are still worthwhile (Ring of Prowress, for example).

Yes, but everyone had the armors in the first week. Ring of prowess is now that ring you use until you make a slavers one, or if you are a melee, but ok, I can give you that, a couple pieces of U32 are still useful.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:09am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #36 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:56am:
Yes. Except when you "grind" the rest of the game, you have fun. Because you can choose from all of the content. You basically get insulted at the end reward, but at least there's variety.

What's weird, to me, is that Turbine is committed to discouraging players from running old content. Yet time playing the game is time playing game. Why isn't that worthless garbage they stuff into your inventory after running Reaver's Refuge, to pick just one example, tradeable for more recent gear? Even at an insane Turbined exchange rate? (I've already accepted the absurdity that Turbine is incapable of updating old named loot; the last time they tried, it got feathered instead.)

Agree 100%.  A barter system for seals/shards/scrolls, collectibles, dragontouched armor, the discs and pie pieces in mindsunder and dreaming dark, tokens of the 12, coommendations of heroism, commendations of valor, mysterious remnants, challenge mats from both cannith and eveningstar - all should be exchangable for other, more current, stuff.  At HEAVY exchange rates.  Maybe even with some plat required to grease the wheels/sweeten the pot for the exhcanger.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #37 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:56am:

Exactly this. The sole advantage Turbine has over a potential d20 style upstart is the tons of content they already have, an advantage they are working furiously to invalidate  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:21am:
Exactly this. The sole advantage Turbine has over a potential d20 style upstart is the tons of content they already have, an advantage they are working furiously to invalidate  Roll Eyes

I was really hoping that when they updated crafting they might finally put to use some of the draconic runes, magefire cannon parts, slimy eyeballs and 98 other tons of useless shit I have in my bags from packs long forgotten.

But that would require creativity. Why do that when you can just create a whole new slew of ingredients, require them for everything, and sell them in the store!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #39 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:02am:
My understanding of drop rates:

LE - Unbound - Stack of 8 or 9
       Bound    - Stack of 5

Unbound the highest I've gotten was 11, bound the highest I've gotten was 7 or 8.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint