Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Why would anyone do this??? (Read 8559 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Why would anyone do this???
Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:45am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478643-Thank-you-for-the-update

They say a big thank you for nothing much really, just some broken crafting system (just look at other threads on mobo) and some boring p2p quest.
Can we at least here on the vault agree that people like these should be publicly hanged, their homes and families burned down to ashes? Angry

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Why would anyone do this???
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:56am
Print Post  
I don't know if you are an active player or a forum lurker only, but because of people like that in the post you linked, this game is still alive...I am sure he spends money on this game unlike a lot of people I know...

Yes I know I complain too, because being negative about something is easier than being positive...human nature I guess..

I dont spend much on DDO...maybe USD200 a year when points are on sale...but every little bit helps I guess...

If every active player spent USD200 per year on this game I am sure it would be in a better state..

Maybe I am an idiot and most people spend way more than that  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I just don't know...

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:57am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 7:10am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:56am:
If every active player spent USD200 per year on this game I am sure it would be in a better state..

No, it wouldn't. All it would mean is the bosses at WB would be able to afford a Maserati or Bugatti instead of "just" a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 8:08am
Print Post  
I don't know if you are an active player or a forum lurker only, but because of people like that in the post you linked, this game is still alive...I am sure he spends money on this game unlike a lot of people I know...

Yes I know I complain too, because being negative about something is easier than being positive...human nature I guess..

I dont spend much on DDO...maybe USD200 a year when points are on sale...but every little bit helps I guess...

Maybe I am an idiot and most people spend way more than that  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I just don't know...

We tried that, the experiment was a dismal failure. From painful experience we have learned that the best approach is to starve the idiots into doing as little damage as possible.

If your entitled, spoiled, rich brat at college is spending his entire $200 per week stipend on drugs and booze, the answer is not to give him $300 per week so he can also buy books and healthy food, he won't. Similarly, giving Turbine more money will not get hem to wisely spend it fixing the game and producing meaningful content, it will simply encourage them to screw things up even worse.

Maybe that mobotard doesn't deserve death, but at least he needs a "Cletus the slack jawed yokel" avatar for 6 months.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 8:56am
Print Post  

OK I have reconsidered my stance. They should also be raped by spiced bonoboes before getting burned down to ashes.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 9:55am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 10:19am by Spoon »  

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 11:59am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:45am:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478643-Thank-you-for-the-update

They say a big thank you for nothing much really, just some broken crafting system (just look at other threads on mobo) and some boring p2p quest.
Can we at least here on the vault agree that people like these should be publicly hanged, their homes and families burned down to ashes? Angry

Can we loot the houses first? They might have cool stuff.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  

Prior to the datacenter move back in March or May of this year, I was a VIP subscriber on multiple accounts and would purchase bulk TP whenever they did the 2x or 3x bonus points sales, mainly to help support a game I enjoyed playing, in spite of its obvious flaws.

That changed earlier this year.  Turbine didn't even have the professional decency to issue any sort of compensation after the disaster of the datacenter move.  The massive pile of technical and professional incompetence and blatant lack of testing and rollback planning that they handled the datacenter move with combined Cordovan's subsequent hamfisted moderation/censorship, and their overall indifference to their customers' frustrations showed exactly how little they value their customers. 

They could have easily issued everyone a Raider's box or even an Otto's stone and a stack of raid timer bypasses to make it up to their customers for the game being virtually unplayable for 3 months.  They did nothing though.

So now I reciprocate that sentiment towards them.  I give them nothing.  Turbine's HQ could be on fire and I wouldn't even piss on it to put it out.  I cancelled the VIP subs and used the pile of TP I had stockpiled from 2+ years of said subs and the various bonus point sales to purchase every adventure pack, race, class, etc. and went completely F2P with enough points left over to buy the next few packs without giving them another dime.

Based upon the noticeable absence of some fairly well-known and respected veteran players on G-land and the drop in public LFMs over the past 3 months, I think it's safe to say that I'm not the only one who decided to stop giving Turbine money.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2016 at 5:12pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
because of people like that in the post you linked, this game is still alive

Highly doubtful.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:40pm:
Highly doubtful.

That it's alive because of them ... or that it's alive?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:27pm:
it's alive

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 7:10am:
No, it wouldn't. All it would mean is the bosses at WB would be able to afford a Maserati or Bugatti instead of "just" a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

*implying a Maserati is better/more expensive than a Ferry or a Lambo*

Lern 2 cars, faggot.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Still no pics Princess?  Grin 

What? you going to try and bullshit about fancy cars when you can't even afford the singles to post a picture of fistful of dollars?  Sure.. we want your poor broke ass opinion, you lousy 3rd world Puerto Potty. Only time you have sat in the front seat is when you were giving a gringo tourist a Handy from the passenger seat. 

Oh and before you try to post some comeback that will fail....     Still no pics Princess?  Bwahahahahahhahahhahahhaha! 
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:21am by Grand »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:20am:
Still no pics Princess?  Grin 

What? you going to try and bullshit about fancy cars when you can't even afford the singles to post a picture of fistful of dollars?  Sure.. we want your poor broke ass opinion, you lousy 3rd world Puerto Potty. Only time you have sat in the front seat is when you were giving a gringo tourist a Handy from the passenger seat. 

Oh and before you try to post some comeback that will fail....     Still no pics Princess?  Bwahahahahahhahahhahahhaha! 

I think you think the "pics" thing is somehow, in some way going to "get to me" at some point.  What I don't get is whatever gave you that impression.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:31am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:26am:
I think you think the "pics" thing is somehow, in some way going to "get to me" at some point.  What I don't get is whatever gave you that impression.

It already did "get you" Princess! and it does every time you try to brag about cash, high living,.... etc nothing more painful for a weak liar such as yourself than to have his lies exposed again and again and again.... Every time you can't come up with the pics Flav showed how reminds everyone how you have been busted and couldn't back it up.

IT. IS. TOO. FUNNY.

And the way you act and try to hide from it is pure gravy.

Still no pics Princess?   Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:32am by Grand »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #15 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:31am:
It already did "get you" Princess! and it does every time you try to brag about cash, high living,.... etc nothing more painful for a weak liar such as yourself than to have his lies exposed again and again and again.... Every time you can't come up with the pics Flav showed how reminds everyone how you have been busted and couldn't back it up.

IT. IS. TOO. FUNNY.

And the way you act and try to hide from it is pure gravy.

Still no pics Princess?   Grin

Go git 'em tiger; I'm rootin' for ya!

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Still no pics of all that imaginary money Princess?  ROFLMFAO

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #17 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:35am:
Still no pics of all that imaginary money Princess?  ROFLMFAO

Yeah, lemme cash in my net worth, put it in a pile, take a picture of it, and post it on a message board; good idea.  I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:43am
Print Post  
I think we'd all be fine if you posted a picture of a few large denomination bills and something to prove you didn't just google it. Say... five or six good sized bills, with the vault forum in the background?

Seems like anyone can do that.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:44am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:43am:
I think we'd all be fine if you posted a picture of a few large denomination bills and something to prove you didn't just google it. Say... five or six good sized bills, with the vault forum in the background?

Seems like anyone can do that.

Obviously, you stupid fuck; how's that filter working out?!

Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:45am by [] »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 2:47am
Print Post  

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:30pm:
snip
I think it's safe to say that I'm not the only one who decided to stop giving Turbine money.

Pretty much what I am doing. Already cancelled, have a month or two left on sub, using TP stash to buy everything......and never giving them a dime again for most of the same reasons you listed.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #22 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:25am
Print Post  

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #23 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:30pm:
the drop in public LFMs over the past 3 months

that's not only turdbine fault though. Sure they fucked up and lot of ppl left, but the ones remaining, for whatever reason, prefer to guild/friends/solo run, even if that means shotman, rather than using LFM to complete groups.

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #24 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:17am
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:35am:
that's not only turdbine fault though. Sure they fucked up and lot of ppl left, but the ones remaining, for whatever reason, prefer to guild/friends/solo run, even if that means shotman, rather than using LFM to complete groups.

Even that is mostly Turbin's fault. You are right that some is a shift in gamer psychology, with "gaming with people I already know" surpassing "making new friends" somewhere in the early 2000s, but "making new friends" didn't disappear entirely, and they could make it much easier.

For example, a power gap discourages grouping with strangers unless you have a way to judge their power. It isn't fun for most people to be either carried through or to do all of the work. Most people who would group would do it to be part of a team. Power creep creates a wide power gap between players of similar levels, so a random group of similar level players is much more likely to be painful for some or all of them. That's Squarely on Turdbin's shoulders.

Another example is the tools they provide. They choose to work on new systems instead of improving the systems people use. What if the Friends list were more than a simple notepad like affair? It wouldn't be hard to come up with a system that shared information between your own characters, with friends you chose, in your guild, etc. And allow more than 50 characters of text - store rankings on play style, persnality, etc. what if they had a way to scale your character so you could run with a wider group? Or tools to deal with griefers? That would do much more to encourage grouping than yet another crafting system with a difficult grind.

And some of their choices are downright hostile to random grouping - look how long it took them to address the party death penalty, or Bravery bonus. And even when they finally addressed it, the answer was lame. You have to run to an NPC and pause it, and remember to un-pause it after? We're running on a compter ffs, just automatically pause and un-pause.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint