Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Why would anyone do this??? (Read 8574 times)
nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Why would anyone do this???
Reply #25 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:43am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:04am:
*implying a Maserati is better/more expensive than a Ferry or a Lambo*

Lern 2 cars, faggot.

You got the point. So, I'd say I know enough.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:17am:
Bravery bonus. And even when they finally addressed it, the answer was lame. You have to run to an NPC and pause it, and remember to un-pause it after? We're running on a compter ffs, just automatically pause and un-pause.

Yeah, I don't understand why they couldn't just add it to the quest dialog boxes and have it pause on a per-quest basis. That way, I can decide every time I enter a quest if I want to pause my bravery bonus. There's no reason they couldn't have done this except they're unimaginative, lazy, and don't bother to consider things from a user perspective.

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 9:35am:
that's not only turdbine fault though. Sure they fucked up and lot of ppl left, but the ones remaining, for whatever reason, prefer to guild/friends/solo run, even if that means shotman, rather than using LFM to complete groups.

Irrelevant to the point that Turbine burned bridges with a lot of people during the post-datacenter move lag.  The guild/friends/solo people didn't suddenly all become anti-social as a result of that.  They were always people that preferred to play that way.

It's just more noticeable now given the amount of players that quit earlier this year and the corresponding drop in number of public LFMs.  I would hazard a guess that even some of the non-PUGers quit the game or at least stopped giving Turbine money, too.

« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:01am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:47am:
Yeah, I don't understand why they couldn't just add it to the quest dialog boxes and have it pause on a per-quest basis. That way, I can decide every time I enter a quest if I want to pause my bravery bonus. There's no reason they couldn't have done this except they're unimaginative, lazy, and don't bother to consider things from a user perspective.

They want to make things hard/obtuse. The idea is not to piss off the morons who have 1000+ streaks by making it too "easy" for the rest of us, thus underscoring their "achievement".

Its because all gamers are five year olds. We can't stand the notion that someone ELSE got something without working as hard.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #29 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:00am:
The guild/friends/solo people didn't suddenly all become anti-social as a result of that

No it was not suddenly but yet the decrease of LFM was not suddenly either, it's just that now, maybe , it reached a critical point. But even for the current low population there are to few LFMs up. Even ona bad day ther are always 200+ epic toons loged x server with that amount there should be way more LFMs up than there are if people really wanted to PUG. I'm not saying its not turdbine fault at all just pointing out that players mindset has something to do with it too at least to a fifty/fifty degree  Wink

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #30 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:47am:

Why even ask? Is there a ever a reason to break your streak (and if so they could make *that* available at an NPC) or would a reasonable player of a better game simply assume the game will credit him for wharever accomplishments he makes?

You're spang on as to why - the people calling the shots don't make even the slightest effort to see the game from a customer's perspective, and the game quality suffers for it.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:59pm:
Why even ask? Is there a ever a reason to break your streak (and if so they could make *that* available at an NPC) or would a reasonable player of a better game simply assume the game will credit him for wharever accomplishments he makes?

You're spang on as to why - the people calling the shots don't make even the slightest effort to see the game from a customer's perspective, and the game quality suffers for it.

Well, occasionally I have wanted to run some quests with a group and an LFM was up, but it was for hard. It's nice on those occasions. Also, if I have a character where I haven't done much destiny leveling on them, it's nice to pause my streak for next life and just run epic hard (rather than join an EE group and contribute like a wet paper towel cleaning up after a hurricane).

However, now that I've written that, I think your questions in the first paragraph is more along the lines of "Why isn't it just automatically paused?" as opposed to "Why put the control at the quest dialog box?". And yeah, that would be an even simpler way to do it, more user-friendly, and probably expected by most people. In other words, I've just listed three reasons why Turbine doesn't do it that way. lol

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #32 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 2:19pm:
Well, occasionally I have wanted to run some quests with a group and an LFM was up, but it was for hard. It's nice on those occasions. Also, if I have a character where I haven't done much destiny leveling on them, it's nice to pause my streak for next life and just run epic hard (rather than join an EE group and contribute like a wet paper towel cleaning up after a hurricane).

However, now that I've written that, I think your questions in the first paragraph is more along the lines of "Why isn't it just automatically paused?" as opposed to "Why put the control at the quest dialog box?". And yeah, that would be an even simpler way to do it, more user-friendly, and probably expected by most people. In other words, I've just listed three reasons why Turbine doesn't do it that way. lol

Yeah, I meant why isn't it automatically paused. I completely agree there are many reasons to pause it, I just can't imagine a scenario where you would want to break it as opposed to pausing it.

And if they did come up with a reason to break or reset it, they could let an NPC do that and make the more commonly desired behavior, auto pause, be the default.

But as you say, Turbine  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #33 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
And just when I thought it could not get any worse, things have gotten even more retarded...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478748-PSA-The-Forums-Are-Not-Represen...

At first I thought the purpose of that topic was to point out that a bunch of thank yous from players (hence the connection between my topic, the thank you topic on the moboes, and this new shittier topic on the moboes) does not fucking mean that turdbin is doing a great and wonderful job... But then It simply turns into an autofellatio-fest of quasiphilosophy and tautologies with no real purpose or implication.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:20pm:
And just when I thought it could not get any worse, things have gotten even more retarded...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478748-PSA-The-Forums-Are-Not-Represen...

At first I thought the purpose of that topic was to point out that a bunch of thank yous from players (hence the connection between my topic, the thank you topic on the moboes, and this new shittier topic on the moboes) does not fucking mean that turdbin is doing a great and wonderful job... But then It simply turns into an autofellatio-fest of quasiphilosophy and tautologies with no real purpose or implication.

The OP is one of the biggest drama causing tools on the mobos.
His MO is to enter a perfectly tame and rational thread, accuse everybody of freaking out, and them blame them for drama when they tell him to fuck off.
And then he's the poor forum paladin crusading for politeness and civility on the forums, and doesn't know why all these big meanies are being so mean to him!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #35 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:33pm:
No it was not suddenly but yet the decrease of LFM was not suddenly either, it's just that now, maybe , it reached a critical point. But even for the current low population there are to few LFMs up. Even ona bad day ther are always 200+ epic toons loged x server with that amount there should be way more LFMs up than there are if people really wanted to PUG. I'm not saying its not turdbine fault at all just pointing out that players mindset has something to do with it too at least to a fifty/fifty degree  Wink

On Ghallanda at least, there most definitely was a sudden, noticeable decrease in public LFMs during/after the datacenter move lag. 

Prior to that, there was a fairly constant stream of LFMs for missions and raids at most levels during prime time hours.   Post datacenter move, the LFM list is pretty sparse or even empty.

I used to be able to keep all the big EE raids on timer every 3 days just by joining the public ones.  Now, the only way I do that is if myself and/or my guildies post them.  We often end up having to shortman them on EH instead of EE because they don't fill even if we wait 20 minutes.

Maybe other servers are better though.  I wouldn't know about them though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint