Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Get Crafting! (Read 4879 times)
Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Get Crafting!
Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
I can't believe they did a major overhaul and didn't test the obvious shit.   Grin  There's some good stuff here that's gonna get out shortly, and they'll change immediately if they have any sense.  Stock up now!

Think Challenge gear and/or those armours...

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Get Crafting!
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I have been! All night I have been Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Idc about challenge gear, but PM anyway.  Grin

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1471371577/50#50

It is all discussed here. They were able to fix my wraps, but messed up some other things in the process.

The question is: will they be able to fix all of the challie stuff eventually? Most likely yes. That is beneficial so they will set some1 competent on it. Probably a monkey or a horse named Incitatus.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's not just Challenge gear though.  That's the beauty.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Meh. Pm then, I am curious. Huh

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
I too, would be interested in learning of this method.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
It seems likely to have survived the hotfix, but sadly those in the know are not sharing.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:54am
Print Post  
I thought I'd have a look around the new system. Load up a formerly capped crafter, now L260?ish. Bar to entry: cannith essences. A long-term, crafting focussed char that'd spent a lot of time collecting shit and was ready to go... and I can do nothing without first deconning a load more shit?

Well fuck that then, back to not logging in and reading here in the hopes things will change. These fucks really don't understand how to put in systems that serve more than one subset of players well. Such a shame.

Any other considerations aside, a returning player hearing about crafting changes, logging in with a load of expectations and investment behind them and... nah, fuck you pal. Silly.

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 4:05am
Print Post  
interested also..pm please !!!!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 5:00am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:54am:
I thought I'd have a look around the new system. Load up a formerly capped crafter, now L260?ish. Bar to entry: cannith essences. A long-term, crafting focussed char that'd spent a lot of time collecting shit and was ready to go... and I can do nothing without first deconning a load more shit?

Well fuck that then, back to not logging in and reading here in the hopes things will change. These fucks really don't understand how to put in systems that serve more than one subset of players well. Such a shame.

Any other considerations aside, a returning player hearing about crafting changes, logging in with a load of expectations and investment behind them and... nah, fuck you pal. Silly.

its not as bad - mine turned to 220lvl (i was like 110 in all schools) and cost me round 60k essences to get to 380, with still like 20k left - none of which were duped, just collected while playing for couple years

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Pm pls

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #12 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:07am
Print Post  

so in all the time since capping crafting you have no essences, wut  Huh

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:49am
Print Post  
I have other essences. My point was I walk up to a machine and can do nothing without first either deconning or converting something. Yes, there should be a barrier to entry so you can't just walk in and do top notch shards but you'd think a returning player interested would get more than a "Hey, there's new essences you need for everything!". Not one recipe in XP range that doesn't use something of which he has zero.

I realise it's not the only aspect of it, it just continues to amaze me how little they think of player reception of anything.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:29am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 10:55pm:
It seems likely to have survived the hotfix, but sadly those in the know are not sharing.

Probably that's why it survived the hotfix - nobody shares, doesn't spread wide, doesn't get fixed Smiley

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #15 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 11:45am
Print Post  
not sharing is truly caring

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:49am:
I have other essences. My point was I walk up to a machine and can do nothing without first either deconning or converting something.

Its really that hard to walk over to an NPC, hand over a stack of old essences, and get a stack of new ones back?

Sorry but thats a seriously weak-ass complaint.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
These fucks really don't understand how to put in systems that serve more than one subset of players well. Such a shame.

This.

Instead of putting out a series of changes that each please one or two different groups and don't matter to the rest, they put out a series that really please one or two groups while screwing the rest, so everybody is happy with a few but unhappy with many. With just a bit more work, they could have everybody happy with a few things and not caring about the rest.

It's like they are too stupid to consider more than one demographic at a time, so they pick one and ignore the rest, causing massive collateral damage.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 4:40am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 12:05pm:
Its really that hard to walk over to an NPC, hand over a stack of old essences, and get a stack of new ones back?

Sorry but thats a seriously weak-ass complaint.

Meur gets it. It's about a system catering to multiple things at once. To counter your argument:

Is it really that hard to code a system which doesn't require multiple NPC and machine interactions just to get going? Sorry but that's a seriously weak-ass dev team.

My point is not that it's impossible, it's that they rarely think through how things actually work or feel to players. You know, the people they want to encourage to spend money.

You know what successful systems that make you spend money do? They welcome you in with clear UI and cuddle you with convenience until you open your wallet.

I don't really expect you to understand though, it's clear from your prior posts that you spend a ton of money on the game regardless, as I used to. You're not the subset of players I'm talking about being frustrated. They could piss on you and you'd agree walking to the bathroom to lick it off would be best for everyone. Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2016 at 4:40am by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 8:32am
Print Post  
There used to be a table which showed what you vould get at what level.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/141kTWdX-ZqmRCN_zUBSVwlGQqi0a_sIHzUr65AP3
BII/edit#gid=596152173

Anybody knows if there is something comparable?

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:28pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
fork wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:28pm:

The top row should be "Enhancement Bonus," yes?
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:55pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
fork wrote on Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:28pm:

ML 14 Ranged Alacrity was bugged when I tested it on the second week of the Lama preview. The Effects Window listed it as a 1% bonus. (Yes, I know none of them displayed on the item.)

Does anyone know if this was fixed?

The Russian dude's chart had it listed at 10% at the time of my testing. (I'm assuming his chart was the source for most of the Wiki's info., though it might not be. His "Wizardy" misspelling is absent, and the organization makes even less sense). I suspect he simply copied the Melee Alacrity shard results, since they mirror each other at every ML, except this one.

Slightly related: WTF is up with the organization of the effects? There doesn't seem to be one, is what I'm saying. Do they know that Excel can alphabetize?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint