Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Cove is Back (Read 2840 times)
Mr
Titan Demolisher

The Cove is Back
Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Please remind me of a good reason to run this.  Is there any gear that is useful?  Any way to get decent xp?

Update question - any changes? anything new/updated?
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2016 at 8:12pm by Mr »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Re: The Cove is Back
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Hats and summons!  I use the rings a ton.  Nimble trinket.  Buckler's still the best, by far.  I like most of that shit, actually, but I'm probably in the vast minority, since I enjoy running it too.   Smiley

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:40pm:
Hats and summons!  I use the rings a ton.  Nimble trinket.  Buckler's still the best, by far.  I like most of that shit, actually, but I'm probably in the vast minority, since I enjoy running it too.   Smiley

I'll be right in there with you, man, I love that shit even if it's useless. I duped the shit out of map pieces so I can open it when I want to  Grin Grin Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
I love how they just bring the cove back without any announcement Tongue just throw it on there.

Ah well, I love the cove too, even if its dumb.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Interestingly enough, turdbin did not do anything to retroactively change the gear or the matz here. No such measures were taken... Why?

Well, my guess is: they know too well how the gear here is just a good start for newbies, but I (who dooped and created most of the items on all servers) found myself rarely using these... So maybe the gear is not that good at all to deserve any type of nerfing.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Oh, maybe they wanna attract people away from Cannith Challenges...Very clever.  Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2016 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Oh right, I forgot I "found" a bunch of gems somewhere too.  And they finally added the magic trade-in counter, so you don't have to click 10,000 times.

I really do like running it though.  It's fun to join a group of nubs and show them how to really do it right.  When you get a good group, with some good players doing their roles well, and a nice purpley map... I think it's one of the best things in the game.  The pacing is great, there's enough randomness to be fun, and the map's just the right size to make it challenging.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 4:59pm:
When you get a good group, with some good players doing their roles well, and a nice purpley map... I think it's one of the best things in the game.  The pacing is great, there's enough randomness to be fun, and the map's just the right size to make it challenging.

Yup. Cove was the first challenge, and still the only one to really get all the elements right (glitches notwithstanding).

Heavy fort on a hat is now "OP". Lol.

If they ever bothered to raise the loot cap on treasure chests from the public area, it would be worthwhile just to run around gathering captain's maps, "resurrect me here", then waiting for a loot bonus weekend. Your loot bonus pots wouldn't even count down.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Cove is boring and tired.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #9 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 1:44am:
If they ever bothered to raise the loot cap on treasure chests from the public area, it would be worthwhile just to run around gathering captain's maps, "resurrect me here", then waiting for a loot bonus weekend. Your loot bonus pots wouldn't even count down.

LOL, I have 2 bank mules bound in Rooks Gambit and equipped with Bracelet of Friends just for this!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Cove is the only challenge I can stand. I think its the mad rush to farm it, nobody gives a shit about Cannith Challenges or that ES shit, but since Cove is only around a few weeks out of the year, its special. Its different.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 15th, 2016 at 1:56pm:
Oh, maybe they wanna attract people away from Cannith Challenges...Very clever.  Roll Eyes

Ah, a proper use of sarcasm.  It is refreshing.

But seriously, the buckler is nice.  I made the Rogue trinket but it just sits in my inv w/o being swapped in, so fairly useless.  The other gear?  Meh.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
Ah, a proper use of sarcasm.  It is refreshing.

But seriously, the buckler is nice.  I made the Rogue trinket but it just sits in my inv w/o being swapped in, so fairly useless.  The other gear?  Meh.

Glass Cannon is a great rune arm, IMO. I really like both it and the buckler.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:44pm:
Glass Cannon is a great rune arm, IMO. I really like both it and the buckler.

A shame we can't put shields in the primary hand. Arcanotech/Vanguard FTW!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint