Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Whiny, dumb motherfuckers... (Read 19924 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Whiny, dumb motherfuckers...
Reply #25 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 9:36pm:
I caught the Tavern Brawl for most of the collectibles, and I own the pack on one of my accounts, but did somebody post how to get the 5 PEDs in half an hour of grind? If so, would you mind posting a link?

Also Legendary Tavern Brawl isn't available to many, was there a reasonable new collectibles path that doesn't start with "Grind to level 30 and buy pack XYZ"?

I had a +1 wis tome, A +2 cha tome from a 1750, and a +4 to +4 upgrade tome laying around.  Between them that was 28 PED's alone.  Saga rewards yield +3 skill  tomes, which are 9 each, I think.

Tokens of the twelve translate to PED's 1 for 1.  You can't get 5 of them in 30 min, but you can get 5 in 2 hours, easily.

Or, use shards.  50 AS for 16 PED's.  AS are stupid easy to get by selling loot on the ASAH.

I agree the crafting system isn't new player friendly anymore.  But anyone posting here shouldn't be having a problem.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 8:02pm:
GFY.  It's not that difficult to get the new mats.  Several players have documented how you can get enough to make items in 30 minutes or less.  That doesn't even qualify as grind.  And you don't even have to think for yourself.  Better players have figured out the best path and shown you the way.  If you can't take it from there, try a lower difficulty. 

30 mins of boring, repetitive recycling of instances just to get enough collectibles to craft one effect on one item.  How many of those 30 minute cycles are you willing to do each day to craft items for guildies and to help newbies with some low and mid level heroic crafted gear each day?

...Yeah, that's a great f'ing way to make sure people don't get burned out on the game and crafting in particular...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #27 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:33pm:
30 mins of boring, repetitive recycling of instances just to get enough collectibles to craft one effect on one item.  How many of those 30 minute cycles are you willing to do each day to craft items for guildies and to help newbies with some low and mid level heroic crafted gear each day?

...Yeah, that's a great f'ing way to make sure people don't get burned out on the game and crafting in particular...

It's no more or less boring than running Spies EN x2 for the 1000'th time.  And you get more than just enough for 1 item in 30 min. 

And you don't have to do that.  You can get this shit from Slavers.  Like 20-30 collectibles dispensers per run.  I haven't actually farmed the easy drops all that much.  They are practically throwing them at you in Slavers.  You almost have to go out of your way to be a dipshit and avoid collectibles to not have these things.  You don't even have to slow down your zerg all that much.

BTW - This new crafting system is HORRIBLE for crafting to help out newbies.  the costs on unbound shards are exorbitant.  Especially for twink items you would give newbs.  New Crafting has basically killed that concept, imo.  It's not even about the grind.  It's just a system that is designed to encourage everybody doing their own crafting or paying a huge premium if someone does it for you.   

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Let's review.

OldCoaly wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 8:19am:
No limits at all except for needing to find new collectables for new versions of the old recipes.

Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:25am:
That's true.  But that's not that hard.

My point: It doesn't fucking matter how easy/hard it is to farm the new collectables. Your "But ..." starts some tangent that does nothing to alleviate the fucking problem.

The game is bloated to the point where finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint will make it explode, if that wafer is a collectible.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #29 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 12:05am:
This new crafting system is HORRIBLE for crafting to help out newbies.

Honestly, so fucking what?

Seriously, if that is the only way you can think of to help out noobs, and your the only one helping them, they're fucked. Proper turdbine fucked.

You could always, give them plat, buy them shit of the AH, or give them something that they could really use, like 100 of each different pot. Just to name a few things.

This whole "but but, the noobs!" argument sucks. And frankly I am fucking tired of it. Every single solitary change these fuckwits make to the game is met with hoards of people going, "but but, the noobs!"
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2016 at 3:12am by Who Cares »  

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 2:51am:
Let's review.

My point: It doesn't fucking matter how easy/hard it is to farm the new collectables. Your "But ..." starts some tangent that does nothing to alleviate the fucking problem.

The game is bloated to the point where finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint will make it explode, if that wafer is a collectible.

Let's be clear.  The new collectibles are only used in Insightful effects shards and two non-insightful shards - Protection and Spell Lore (Generic spell crit - The school specific spell crits don't require new collectibles) for the scaling effects. 

So, you could make (out of the box, no leveling grind, using existing collectibles) Bound ML 28 - Str 12, Con 12, sheltering 32 bracers.

Or Bound ML 28 Goggles - Int 12 (or Seeker 12), Deadly 10(or Melee/Ranged Alacrity 15%), Assassinate 6.  All with ings that have been around for years (and duped). 

After 30 minutes(didn't even expire a single 75% XP pot for 25 TP) of leveling grind to 340 (using only essences, no collectibles ingredients) those bracers can be ML 30 - Str 15, Con 15, Sheltering 38.  The goggles are Int 15 (or Seeker 15), Deadly 12 (Alacrity 15%), Assassinate 7.  (using only existing collectibles)

I agree with you that new collectibles are not what I would have wanted either.  I would have preferred using existing collectibles for all recipes.  I get why they did it, but I would have rather they didn't.   I also don't like that the recipes require 15 of the common collectible and 1,2, or 5 of the uncommon for the bound shards.  That common collectible price is too high, especially for low ML items.  The unbounds are just way too expensive.  30 commons? 10 uncommons? and 2 (sometimes 5) rares?  Plus the PEDs?  That's way too much.  Especially for anything with an ML lower than 25, imo.  This is where the bitching should be, imo.  This is what I'd like to see changed.   

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 12:05am:
It's no more or less boring than running Spies EN x2 for the 1000'th time.  And you get more than just enough for 1 item in 30 min. 

And you don't have to do that.  You can get this shit from Slavers.  Like 20-30 collectibles dispensers per run.  I haven't actually farmed the easy drops all that much.  They are practically throwing them at you in Slavers.  You almost have to go out of your way to be a dipshit and avoid collectibles to not have these things.  You don't even have to slow down your zerg all that much.

BTW - This new crafting system is HORRIBLE for crafting to help out newbies.  the costs on unbound shards are exorbitant.  Especially for twink items you would give newbs.  New Crafting has basically killed that concept, imo.  It's not even about the grind.  It's just a system that is designed to encourage everybody doing their own crafting or paying a huge premium if someone does it for you.   

I don't run EN Spies twice a day for the same reasons I don't want to recycle instances every 60s for half an hour just to be able to craft 1 effect on a piece of gear.  Mindless repetition is boring.  Re: Slavers, I've run 5 full arcs of it on LE and hit every collectible in it each time.  Still didn't have enough to make an Ins Con shard so I disagree.

When both forums are populated with multiple threads coming up with schemes on the best way to farm rare collectibles within 48 hours of the update and the universal answer is "recycle instances as fast as you can for an hour" just to make one effect on one item, it's a pretty shitty system.  It fails the litmus test of "would most of the players rather script this and AFK it or would they enjoy playing the content to get the reward?"

At the current drop rate of the rare collectibles, the insightful shards should have required 1, maybe 2 at most, not 5 or more.  It's not that the system is terrible.  It's that, as usual, Turbine completely missed the balance of fun and reward vs grind.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2016 at 1:15pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 1:09pm:
I don't run EN Spies twice a day for the same reasons I don't want to recycle instances every 60s for half an hour just to be able to craft 1 effect on a piece of gear.  Mindless repetition is boring.  Re: Slavers, I've run 5 full arcs of it on LE and hit every collectible in it each time.  Still didn't have enough to make an Ins Con shard so I disagree.

When both forums are populated with multiple threads coming up with schemes on the best way to farm rare collectibles within 48 hours of the update and the universal answer is "recycle instances as fast as you can for an hour" just to make one effect on one item, it's a pretty shitty system.  It fails the litmus test of "would most of the players rather script this and AFK it or would they enjoy playing the content to get the reward?"

At the current drop rate of the rare collectibles, the insightful shards should have required 1, maybe 2 at most, not 5 or more.  It's not that the system is terrible.  It's that, as usual, Turbine completely missed the balance of fun and reward vs grind.

You only need common and uncommon components to craft the insightful bounds. 

You don't have 15 ancient texts and 5 hairy trumpet mushrooms after 5 LE runs?  That seems like bad luck.  You are getting a lot of something else.  But those quests are great for ancient texts and hairy trumpet mushrooms.  Because those come most from bookcases, backpacks, and cabinets.  The fungus ones are in shorter supply in slavers.

I have no problem with an ML 34 Insightful shard requiring 15 and 5 of those.  I don't think we should be able to craft this powerful of loot at the drop of a hat.  There needs to be some gating.  But, to spend 15 and 5 on an ML 5 or ML 10 insightful Con shard?  That's nuts.  The lack of scaling is my concern. 

You expect to be able to make the best new shards at end game power levels the first week with minimal effort.  Or else it's not fun.  I'm not down with that concept, but there are parts I agree with.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #33 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 1:57pm:
You only need common and uncommon components to craft the insightful bounds. 

You don't have 15 ancient texts and 5 hairy trumpet mushrooms after 5 LE runs?  That seems like bad luck.  You are getting a lot of something else.  But those quests are great for ancient texts and hairy trumpet mushrooms.  Because those come most from bookcases, backpacks, and cabinets.  The fungus ones are in shorter supply in slavers.

I was using the non-DDO definition of rare.   Sorry for the ambiguity.

I am aware what is required for which shards.  I generally try not to be a selfish asshole and would really like to craft nice things for my friends and guildies in game without having to cycle instances for 2 hours a night or tell them "Pay up" or "sorry, I don't have 2 of those rare, unused Turbine buttplugs that are required for what you want."

Yes, I had only 2 hairy trumpet mushrooms at the end of those.  I finally said to hell with it and went to one of the "farm" missions and recycled that stupid instance until I had enough.   That did wonders for my enjoyment levels and appreciation for the D&D aspects of the game, let me tell you.

Therein lies the problem.  After 8-10 hours of "just playing the game the way it is supposed to be", I didn't have enough to make it.  Again, 1-2 would be more reasonable.

In the end, I'm about to stop caring either way.  It's like LGS.  The reward just doesn't seem to be worth the grind given that you can roll through any LE content in the game using TF weapons and a combination of DoJ and eOrchard gear.

Two guildies and I rolled through the new missions on LE on our first go without any real issues.   The stacked pressure plate traps were about the only dangerous things in there and those are only dangerous to toons without decent reflex saves.

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2016 at 3:27pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:27am:
Let's be clear. The new collectibles are only used in ... WGAF?

Why are you giving me a different version of the same non-argument?

Just as it makes no difference how easy/hard they are to collect, it doesn't fucking matter to Mr. Creosote what he can do with a bunch of wafer thin mints.

Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 1:57pm:
I don't think we should be able to craft this powerful of loot at the drop of a hat.  There needs to be some gating.

I'll tell you why this argument is infuriating. It calls the years of playing I've done "the drop of a hat".

Turbine is a Monty Hall Dungeon Master. They are currently enacting the Monty Hall solution to the Monty Hall problem they created: Take away all the carrots (invalidate old loot; invent more ingredients; allow zero trade-in between old and new), so they can dangle more carrots. Only in this case, the carrots are Turbine's Hairy Trumpets.

The Monty Hall solution is infuriating. Shortly following, it's demoralizing and discouraging. Nobody wants to keep playing. Monty Hall DMs come up with reason after reason why it's "not that bad", but all of them serve to perpetuate the cycle instead of replace it with storyline, plot, character development, etc.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:11pm:
There's the word that's fooling you into thinking anything that follows matters one fucking bit.

LOL  +14

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #36 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 8:18pm:
Why are you giving me a different version of the same non-argument?

Just as it makes no difference how easy/hard they are to collect, it doesn't fucking matter to Mr. Creosote what he can do with a bunch of wafer thin mints.

I'll tell you why this argument is infuriating. It calls the years of playing I've done "the drop of a hat".

Turbine is a Monty Hall Dungeon Master. They are currently enacting the Monty Hall solution to the Monty Hall problem they created: Take away all the carrots (invalidate old loot; invent more ingredients; allow zero trade-in between old and new), so they can dangle more carrots. Only in this case, the carrots are Turbine's Hairy Trumpets.

The Monty Hall solution is infuriating. Shortly following, it's demoralizing and discouraging. Nobody wants to keep playing. Monty Hall DMs come up with reason after reason why it's "not that bad", but all of them serve to perpetuate the cycle instead of replace it with storyline, plot, character development, etc.

There is storyline and plot.  The first time you play thru content.  But, let's be honest, that only creates about 100-200 hours of game play.  After that, there are two options MMO's have to keep you playing:

A) Incremental grind for more power in the form of character progression (i.e. XP grind) and loot grind.

B) Re-running the story with a different character (alts) to see how that plays differently and has different features.

The loot grind process is where cannith crafting fits in the puzzle.  Hence, when they add new abilities to the mix (insightful effects crafting) they make you get new ingredients to gain the new loot. 

However, that doesn't mean they invalidated any of the existing collectibles.  All your old ingredients(collectibles) are still used in recipes. Look at the list.  You still need every one of the things you gathered or duped.  And with them, you can make the stuff you could make before the update.  (and at much more powerful levels).  You want a strength +15 Con +15 ML 30 belt?  You need 0 new ingredients that you didn't have before the update.  You just gained the ability to make a much more powerful item than you ever could before and didn't need grind a single ingredient to do it, most likely.  The majority of end gamers could make stuff like that within 30 minutes of the update going live.

But, you want to be able to make an ML 34 item with Insightful Con +7 on it?  Something you couldn't do before the update?  Then get the required ingredients that are a part of the update.  That's how it worked with Shroud crafting.  That's how it works with slavers crafting.  That's how it works with the new stuff in cannith crafting.  That's how it ALWAYS works.

All MMO's make you do the same exact shit.  They invalidate old loot with expansions and level cap raises and new grinds.  It's how the MMO game model works.  If you want to play one off games like Dragon Age Origins, then do that.  You don't have this problem in one off games.  But for as long as you have been playing this MMO, to let this "infuriate" you and upset you makes no sense.  You know how it works.  Why do you expect anything different this time around? 

You want to bitch about the relative costs of some items?  That makes some sense to me.  I don't get why Turbine made Unbounds so freaking expensive.  And made a shard cost the exact same regardless of whether it is an ML 1 +1 or an ML 34  +15.  Those things seem counter productive and remove previously existing uses for cannith crafting.  But to complain because you gotta get some new stuff to do some new stuff?  I'm not in agreement with you on that.  Maybe we need to agree to disagree.  That's fine.  TC Revaulting.  I've said my peace on this topic. 

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Such a fucking shill, it's actually starting to get funny reading Ash's posts trying to flak for Turby at this point.

Keep at it Revaulting LOL

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #38 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:07pm:
I had a +1 wis tome, A +2 cha tome from a 1750, and a +4 to +4 upgrade tome laying around.  Between them that was 28 PED's alone.  Saga rewards yield +3 skill  tomes, which are 9 each, I think.

Tokens of the twelve translate to PED's 1 for 1.  You can't get 5 of them in 30 min, but you can get 5 in 2 hours, easily.

Or, use shards.  50 AS for 16 PED's.  AS are stupid easy to get by selling loot on the ASAH.

I agree the crafting system isn't new player friendly anymore.  But anyone posting here shouldn't be having a problem.

Thanks, the TotT is a good solution for me, I like to blow off steam after a hard day with an EN DA, so I can get family members to pike with me and pass their tokens.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
I disagree with your opinion almost wholeheartedly, but I see the reasoning, and it makes sense. I don't want to pick at it. That would serve no purpose.

Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:37pm:
That's how it ALWAYS works.

We're not disagreeing over the basic facts. You're stating this as if the past is valid reason to continue, and ... often times that's true. I'm saying it's not true for DDO. There is a saturation point, and DDO has reached it. Whether or not Turbine should keep adding more ingredients, collectibles, and stand-alone crafting systems really depends on whether or not you think DDO has reached the saturation point for these things.

Instead, I'd like to offer that your opinion is not air-tight, by which I mean it is the balance between item/xp grind and story, plot, etc. that produces longevity. But moreover, I'd like to re-stress that whatever your opinion is on the necessity of "some sort of grind", once again, it's not even a contention in my argument.

The difference of opinions over whether DDO has reached a saturation point might explain why we've seemed to be yelling past each other.

To me, because I believe DDO is past its saturation point for unconnected stand-alone crafting systems and their attendant tiny bits of shit, Turbine is continuing an unbalanced, Monty Hall extreme, and excusing it on the grounds that "some sort of grind" is necessary. And now you do too.

I agree that "some sort of grind" is necessary. But I really think more attention the details of that grind is in order. I'm not arguing that all collectibles should be removed, or all ingredients be invalidated at the sweep of an "oops, Mabar'd". I'm arguing that it is precisely the sort of grind that matters. If you, but more importantly Turbine, leaves it as "some", the unbalanced Monty Hall extreme will be hand-waved and persist. Hand-waving prevents a sustainable alternative from even being entertained.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
To me, because I believe DDO is past its saturation point for unconnected stand-alone crafting systems and their attendant tiny bits of shit, Turbine is continuing an unbalanced, Monty Hall extreme, and excusing it on the grounds that "some sort of grind" is necessary.

I agree with this. Turbine excusing this level of grind and collectibles because some grind is necessary is like firebombing your car because some engine heat is necessary for lubricant to flow. Yes, some is necessary, but they blew past it years ago now. The population death spiral is proof.

Maybe the new crafting is better than the old, but it's not enough better in some ways that really matter. They made some great improvements but they got sucked back into the old broken paradigm.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm:
Maybe the new crafting is better than the old, but it's not enough better in some ways that really matter. They made some great improvements but they got sucked back into the old broken paradigm.

This, I think, leads to a different sort of hand-waving at Turbine. They dismiss complaints that despite streamlining essences there are now more total ings. + colls., on the mistaken impression that nothing they do is good enough for the "tinfoil hats".

When the case has more consistently been that Turbine does many good things ... and then plugs them into the "Moar Crafting Systemz!" paradigm, which to me is like covering them with shit, only to wonder why people can't be happy. Subsequent arguments about how hard/easy the grind is, or what new spiffy things can be done just miss the point.

There's a world of difference between the Taj Mahal and The Winchester Mystery House.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #42 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:50pm:
This, I think, leads to a different sort of hand-waving at Turbine. They dismiss complaints that despite streamlining essences there are now more total ings. + colls., on the mistaken impression that nothing they do is good enough for the "tinfoil hats".

Turbine doesn't want to believe they aren't simply fabulous at what they do, so they will dismiss complaints no matter what. When you're a rock star, any criticism directed at you is just jealousy.

It's hard to improve when you can't admit anything is wrong.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:43am:
Turbine doesn't want to believe they aren't simply fabulous at what they do,

come on, bruh... they're rockstars!  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:01am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #44 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:01am:
come on, bruh... they're rockstars!  Grin

In the same sense as Nickleback.

On topic:  Yes, the switchover from 24 essence types to 1 essence type + 23 new collectibles was stupid.  Along with Runearms and properly updating the Cannith Challenge Gear.  But, I am actually crafting items again, so I have a lot of trouble labeling this update a “fail”.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #45 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:00am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:38am:
On topic:  Yes, the switchover from 24 essence types to 1 essence type + 23 new collectibles was stupid.  Along with Runearms and properly updating the Cannith Challenge Gear.  But, I am actually crafting items again, so I have a lot of trouble labeling this update a “fail”.

This is not a complete list:

It's a win, because New CC is relevant in epic content. It's a win, because even with its current bugs, New CC is less buggy than old CC. It's a win, because bound items turn BTA and not BTC. It's a win, because unbound shards leave the item unbound instead of BTCoE. It's a win, because old CC was a goddamn lagtastrophe, and now New CC isn't. It's a win, because zomg, 3 effects. It's a win, because Sorrowdusk, etc. BTA collectibles aren't required for recipes, and a whole fucking Locus of Vol is no longer needed for Vampirism.

It's a fail, because instead of making all the extraneous pre-existing collectibles into a plus (by allowing them to be traded for useful collectibles), they suddenly made them into a requirement. It's a fail because they didn't escape the "Moar Systemz!" mindset. It's a fail, because they introduced new collectibles, as if that were something the game needed. It's a fail, because now you have fucking worthless Sorrowdusk, etc. BTA collectibles floating around. It's a fail, because you can't decon old shards. Which is still like saying "Fuck you shitheads for crafting. Now please craft."

Finally, it is an utter embarrassment, because an Unbalancing shard is one of the most expensive & highest level shards, instead of them paying us to craft it.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #46 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:00am:
a whole fucking Locus of Vol is no longer needed for Vampirism.

It's a fail because New Vampirism is no longer on-hit and has an inner cooldown.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #47 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:20am:
It's a fail because New Vampirism is no longer on-hit and has an inner cooldown.

Srsly? What the fuck even is that, then?

Shit. Now I'm going to have to test the rangen vampirism weapons I've been hoarding. And the old CC vampirism weapons I've been hoarding. And the suit of rangen armor I've been hoarding that says it gives vampirism.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:34am
Print Post  
I think people are being ridiculous... Ive done a bit of crafting, and made sets of equip for my level/PL binges that are utterly superior to virtually anything I could access before. I've also noticed all the people who pissed and moaned about water breathing and feather fall  shut up when they found out it is available @ lvl 1. I'm liking everything so far, but then again, only been toodling with Heroics. Eventually I'll get to making uber gear for my caps..

What I would like to see is a posting which shows what items from Cannith Challenges look like thru the upgrade stages. All my heroics went ML0, but stayed BtC, and all my Epics stayed BtC.. kinda bummed about that.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #49 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:54am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:38am:
In the same sense as Nickleback.

It's not a fail in the sense that if you miss the Final Jeopardy question you still take home some very nice winnings, but it is a fail in the sense that if you did just a little better you would have a whole lot more winnings for the same time spent.

Oh, and [sarcasm]thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, you thoughtless bastard[/sarcasm]  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint