Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Whiny, dumb motherfuckers... (Read 19916 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Re: Whiny, dumb motherfuckers...
Reply #50 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:58am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:34am:
I think people are being ridiculous... Ive done a bit of crafting, and made sets of equip for my level/PL binges that are utterly superior to virtually anything I could access before. I've also noticed all the people who pissed and moaned about water breathing and feather fall  shut up when they found out it is available @ lvl 1. I'm liking everything so far, but then again, only been toodling with Heroics. Eventually I'll get to making uber gear for my caps..

What I would like to see is a posting which shows what items from Cannith Challenges look like thru the upgrade stages. All my heroics went ML0, but stayed BtC, and all my Epics stayed BtC.. kinda bummed about that.

Yes, but would it have been level 1 without the bitching and whining? Nobody bitched and whined at Ghost Touch, and look what they did to that. Personally, I am very thankful for the bitching and whining, caving in to it is the only way Severlin manages to make a good decision.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #51 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
I disagree with your opinion almost wholeheartedly, but I see the reasoning, and it makes sense. I don't want to pick at it. That would serve no purpose.

We're not disagreeing over the basic facts. You're stating this as if the past is valid reason to continue, and ... often times that's true. I'm saying it's not true for DDO. There is a saturation point, and DDO has reached it. Whether or not Turbine should keep adding more ingredients, collectibles, and stand-alone crafting systems really depends on whether or not you think DDO has reached the saturation point for these things.

Instead, I'd like to offer that your opinion is not air-tight, by which I mean it is the balance between item/xp grind and story, plot, etc. that produces longevity. But moreover, I'd like to re-stress that whatever your opinion is on the necessity of "some sort of grind", once again, it's not even a contention in my argument.

The difference of opinions over whether DDO has reached a saturation point might explain why we've seemed to be yelling past each other.

To me, because I believe DDO is past its saturation point for unconnected stand-alone crafting systems and their attendant tiny bits of shit, Turbine is continuing an unbalanced, Monty Hall extreme, and excusing it on the grounds that "some sort of grind" is necessary. And now you do too.

I agree that "some sort of grind" is necessary. But I really think more attention the details of that grind is in order. I'm not arguing that all collectibles should be removed, or all ingredients be invalidated at the sweep of an "oops, Mabar'd". I'm arguing that it is precisely the sort of grind that matters. If you, but more importantly Turbine, leaves it as "some", the unbalanced Monty Hall extreme will be hand-waved and persist. Hand-waving prevents a sustainable alternative from even being entertained.

Don't get me wrong.  I agree with the issue of saturation and the feeling of too many old ingredients crowding up the bags or banks is a problem.  As a player, I would love for them to implement more turn-ins/swaps/barters like what they did for sands scrolls.  That should be expanded to all seals/shards/scrolls in the game.  And I think it would make all that content more valuable and replayable.  I think that Comms of Heroism should have more uses than just upgrading CiTW weapons and eGH armors.  It would make FoT and CiTW more worthwhile to run.

I would love for them to find uses for LoB mats beyond that individual system.  Something that makes those two raids worth running again.  Both are fun, and challenging on EE in low epics. 

I get that they can't go back and revamp CC loot and eveningstar challenge loot and LoB alchemicals, so it would be cool to just make the ingredients useful in some other way. 

But I also get why Turbine doesn't do that.  Because of the bulk of those mats sitting out there that would immediately be used to obtain things without having to run content.  (which would be counter to the goal of such turn-in creations.  To create incentives to run the older content).

But I still think doing so would be a net positive for the game overall. 

I also think that Turbine should focus on more novel and creative quest design and challenges vs. just pure grinds.  Unique puzzles, traps, and combat mechanics.  Things that require the party to coordinate or be focused and organized or skilled vs. just being able to brute smash stuff with DPS.  But I'm looking for challenges beyond Sacks of HP or incoming damage that is in the one-shot range for players with 200+ PRR.  Unless those HP can be mitigated through in quest tactics or mechanics or that damage can be mitigated via in quest tactics, positioning, timing, or skill.  The end fight of DoJ is an example of this poorly done.  That tactical detonation effect that goes off would be a unique and challenging mechanic that I would have no problem with having be a virtual insta-kill.  If there was a tell/way to predict the location and players had a methodology for avoiding it.   And the boss had enough HP to make it even be a factor in most runs.  Stuff like that (when done correctly, not when done like that was) can create challenging fights that are fun to repeat and build characters and solutions for.  The end fight of Slavers 3 is another with a unique mechanic that is a good try, but with a little more thought and effort could have been really fun and challenging.  As it is, it just isn't a challenge though.  Because the party is never really at risk.   

I also think the game needs a new, exclusive grind for level cap.  The 8 Legendary 6 man quests and 3 Legendary Raids should all get a Legendary difficulty added.  This difficulty should be much tougher than LE.  Very tough to beat (if you can) with completionists and epic completionist toons geared out in correct destinies with optimized builds and twists by competent players using tactics.  They should be virtually impossible to solo.

The 6 man quests should have a legendary timer - 1 completion per day.  The raids a 3 day legendary timer per completion.  No bypasses for legendary difficulty.  Each completion earns a Legendary Token.  These tokens get you shit you can't get any other way.  A way to improve your character while staying at cap.  But only by running the hardest content.  You use the TR/ETR process and the non-legendary quests and lower difficulty versions of the legendary quests to get a character to a point where they can play in this pool. 

(If the above concept sounds vaguely familiar, that's because they got pretty close to it once upon a time.  They just made the grind too infinite and they messed it up with a massive level cap raise)

There are a lot of differences of opinion I have with how Turbine is proceeding vs. how I would like them to proceed.  I get that frustration by players.  I have it too in a lot of areas.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #52 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:27am
Print Post  
They keep coming ..... fucking lolers  Cheesy

Quote:
I had a master cannith crafter. After the update she was like somewhere in the middle of the XP. I tinkered with the new CC for a day and seen it for what it is. I then performed character suicide on the one time master cannith crafter. I was so sickened and disgusted I left all her gear on her, all her essences, collectibles, and everything in her TR cache and deleted her from the log in screen. 3 years of work down the tubes thanks to a lame "update" I have given up hope for this game really. I'm just roaming in game when there is nothing else for me to do in real life. I'm done now.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:58am:
Yes, but would it have been level 1 without the bitching and whining? Nobody bitched and whined at Ghost Touch, and look what they did to that. Personally, I am very thankful for the bitching and whining, caving in to it is the only way Severlin manages to make a good decision.

Wait... what did they do to ghost-touch? I use the ML1 augment most times.. what did they do?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
throwing up their hands and deleting a character (with gear et all...)

This is the kind of person who goes into conniptions when they make a change to the theme song of their favorite tv show  Shocked... best ignored...
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:32am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #55 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:32am
Print Post  
An example of a unique puzzle mechanic that was created and used once and never re-used:

Monastery's end puzzle.  You have to solve a puzzle while a very hard to kill dude who can two shot most at level mobs is attacking you.  And random spawns are attacking and running all over the puzzle fucking it up.  Oh and the hard to kill dude disco balls the puzzle like mad with a very high DC disco ball. 

Ever tried to solo that puzzle?  It's a bitch.  No matter how powerful your character is.  And hirelings are no help.  But at least 1 (preferrably 2) competent players with you and it becomes much easier.  Because teamwork.

Sure, at this point you can just kick Sanyasi's ass at this point if you want and skip a chest and not do the puzzle, but back in the day and at level, that was a tall order.   

Why don't we  have more of this?  A puzzle with people fucking with you non-stop while you are trying to solve it.  They did it a little in Delerium, to fun affect there as well.  They did it a little in deathwyrm with the mirrors, but the mobs spawn rarely and they don't fuck with the mirrors or impact your ability to turn them.  You can ignore them if you have strong enough defenses. 

I enjoy monastery every TR life because that end fight is not a total yawner.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #56 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:29am:
Srsly? What the fuck even is that, then?

Shit. Now I'm going to have to test the rangen vampirism weapons I've been hoarding. And the old CC vampirism weapons I've been hoarding. And the suit of rangen armor I've been hoarding that says it gives vampirism.

Here's hoping it's just in the Cannith Crafting and the legacy items are left as is.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #57 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:28am:
Wait... what did they do to ghost-touch? I use the ML1 augment most times.. what did they do?

It's now crafter level 250 with a materials list you need an epic character to farm. Ghost touch, that lowbie staple you want to use through the Depths of whatever and Chamber of Insanity, and throw out when you can wear Ethereal Bracers or Dream Visor, now takes most of your first life to be able to craft.

Not that Sev would realize what poor planning that is, he doesn't run that low level stuff because there is nobody to cast raise dead on his soul stone  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #58 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:40pm:
It's now crafter level 250 with a materials list you need an epic character to farm. Ghost touch, that lowbie staple you want to use through the Depths of whatever and Chamber of Insanity, and throw out when you can wear Ethereal Bracers or Dream Visor, now takes most of your first life to be able to craft.

Ok.  Walk me though the logic on this:

You are saying that the old system would let you craft a Ghost Touch shard at level 20 (ish) so that means that players with no higher level characters were starting the game out and sometime between completing Korthos and running Depths or Chamber of Insanity were discovering cannith crafting and learning about it, getting a few levels and crafting items they could use in these level 5 quests.  Not running the Catacombs at level 3 and getting the Ghost Touch end reward item and using that.

I find that highly unlikely.  I don't know of many new players that discover/get into crafting before level 10 on their first life.  If then.  There is so much other stuff to learn about. 

I'd argue that the overwhelming majority of crafting happened by characters that were epic level or higher anyways.  Players who had already capped a life and were looking for things to do to expand the game and the challenge.  So they will have the crafter levels and the mats, if they were hitting collectibles their whole life and now want to make something for a TR or an alt they are starting up. 

I agree that 250 is way too high.  100 would be more appropriate.  And the ingredients for it should be the old ones.  Not the new ones.  That sucks too.  But the "dem poor noobs.  Think of the noobs!" argument is a fallacy and is played out.  The real issue is that Ghost Touch requires too many hard to come by mats to make it worthwhile for even a vet.  It is cheaper and more efficient to just use a low ML named item or ran gen item.  That's what vets care about.  And that is the major problem with this new system.  Not that newbies with no high level characters can no longer make them on their first life.  Give me a break.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #59 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:06pm:
Ok.  Walk me though the logic on this:

You are saying that the old system would let you craft a Ghost Touch shard at level 20 (ish) so that means that players with no higher level characters were starting the game out and sometime between completing Korthos and running Depths or Chamber of Insanity were discovering cannith crafting and learning about it, getting a few levels and crafting items they could use in these level 5 quests.  Not running the Catacombs at level 3 and getting the Ghost Touch end reward item and using that.

I find that highly unlikely.  I don't know of many new players that discover/get into crafting before level 10 on their first life.  If then.  There is so much other stuff to learn about. 

I'd argue that the overwhelming majority of crafting happened by characters that were epic level or higher anyways.  Players who had already capped a life and were looking for things to do to expand the game and the challenge.  So they will have the crafter levels and the mats, if they were hitting collectibles their whole life and now want to make something for a TR or an alt they are starting up. 

I agree that 250 is way too high.  100 would be more appropriate.  And the ingredients for it should be the old ones.  Not the new ones.  That sucks too.  But the "dem poor noobs.  Think of the noobs!" argument is a fallacy and is played out.  The real issue is that Ghost Touch requires too many hard to come by mats to make it worthwhile for even a vet.  It is cheaper and more efficient to just use a low ML named item or ran gen item.  That's what vets care about.  And that is the major problem with this new system.  Not that newbies with no high level characters can no longer make them on their first life.  Give me a break.

The big point your missing is noobs don't have to be all alone in the world and discovering everything for themselves. Honestly, those noobs probably don't make it to level 5. I've brought many players into the game, and helped many new players from a low level to mid level. Helped players will absolutely know about crafting at low level first life. So will experienced players starting on a new server. Or kids joining to play with their parents.

You gripe all the time about how there is no challenge for you and that kills the fun, well, how about a new player who learns about crafting and wants knowledge but not a handout because that kills the fun? I get that your a grizzled vet and think primarily in terms of how things affect grizzled vets, but it's mportant to consider other playstyles too, even if you personally don't see many of them.

Your justification for ignoring the needs of new players because we have none is a self fufilling prophecy.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #60 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Also, there are plenty of crafters who got to the 50 to 80 range to craft useful helper gear, stuff like ghostbane, underwater action, everbright, etc. but never bothered to cap, and they had ghostbane yanked out from under them too.

Many of us don't play this game 20-30 hours per week, 50 weeks a year. Even level 150 is a significant investment for a casual player.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #61 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
The big point your missing is noobs don't have to be all alone in the world and discovering everything for themselves. Honestly, those noobs probably don't make it to level 5. I've brought many players into the game, and helped many new players from a low level to mid level. Helped players will absolutely know about crafting at low level first life. So will experienced players starting on a new server. Or kids joining to play with their parents.

You gripe all the time about how there is no challenge for you and that kills the fun, well, how about a new player who learns about crafting and wants knowledge but not a handout because that kills the fun? I get that your a grizzled vet and think primarily in terms of how things affect grizzled vets, but it's mportant to consider other playstyles too, even if you personally don't see many of them.

Your justification for ignoring the needs of new players because we have none is a self fufilling prophecy.

I've brought new players in.  My kids and some RL friends (old PnP buddies).  I never recommended crafting until they were at cap (back when cap was 20).  Those that have come in more recently, I don't even mention crafting at all, because it has been so outdated.  I just told them to hit all the dispensaries/purple bags and keep all the collectibles and essences for future use. 

The AH and chain end rewards are the best place to get those special use items.  The game actually does a good job of giving you stuff you can use later in the Waterworks, STK, Catacombs, Tangleroot, Deleras, CO6, and Threnal chain end rewards.  Catacombs will give you everything you need to hit ghostly and sliver DR or good DR mobs.  (Blade of Inquisition, Dagger of Inquisition, Eternal Rest, or Pillar of Light).  If you play the game through in order, you will have what you need, especially if you have a vet guide suggesting a good progression of quests and good end reward selections.

I don't gripe about no challenge, btw.  i think you have me confused with other posters.  I enjoy the game at the current challenge level presented.  I would not mind a Reaper mode or a higher challenge level presented, as long as it was confined to level cap/end game.  I also play some permadeath on another server and see how much more challenging the game is when you aren't loaded with gear, PL's, materials, and plat. 

I get that we need to focus on new players, but I don't think crafting is a part of that focus.  I think crafting is a more advanced concept. 

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #62 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:44pm:
I've brought new players in.  My kids and some RL friends (old PnP buddies).  I never recommended crafting until they were at cap (back when cap was 20).  Those that have come in more recently, I don't even mention crafting at all, because it has been so outdated.  I just told them to hit all the dispensaries/purple bags and keep all the collectibles and essences for future use. 

The AH and chain end rewards are the best place to get those special use items.  The game actually does a good job of giving you stuff you can use later in the Waterworks, STK, Catacombs, Tangleroot, Deleras, CO6, and Threnal chain end rewards.  Catacombs will give you everything you need to hit ghostly and sliver DR or good DR mobs.  (Blade of Inquisition, Dagger of Inquisition, Eternal Rest, or Pillar of Light).  If you play the game through in order, you will have what you need, especially if you have a vet guide suggesting a good progression of quests and good end reward selections.

I don't gripe about no challenge, btw.  i think you have me confused with other posters.  I enjoy the game at the current challenge level presented.  I would not mind a Reaper mode or a higher challenge level presented, as long as it was confined to level cap/end game.  I also play some permadeath on another server and see how much more challenging the game is when you aren't loaded with gear, PL's, materials, and plat. 

I get that we need to focus on new players, but I don't think crafting is a part of that focus.  I think crafting is a more advanced concept. 

First, my apologies if I incorrectly accused you of complaining about insufficient challenge, I was pretty sure you had but if you say otherwise I believe you, I admit that after reading a few hundred posts I can get fuzzy about who said what.

But as to craftng, there are plenty of people who find crafting fun, perhaps as much so as questing. Maybe it wasn't right for your kids, but there is no sane reason to make it the exclusive purview of characters who have reached epic levels. I know Pathfinder Online didn't do so hot, but when they said crafting would be a viable occupation on its own, it really resonated with the audience, why lock it away?

And similarly, why impose the requirement that they play "in order"? What if you don't own Catacombs? Or couldn't find a group? Or Blade of the Inquistion didn't drop the first two times you ran the quest and you're sick of it? Why not let crafting be a viable alternative for this basic gear?

It goes back to the discussion I was having with KumGulp the other day, the devs should design the game to work well with a wide variety of play styles. Having something as obviously non game breaking as Ghost touch require an epic level character is spectacularly stupid. Or at least specacularly unimaginative. Though I guess that's been my complaint about this crowd for years, so it's not a battle I'll win any time soon  Sad

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #63 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Cloak of Invisibility is ml9, has Ghostly and drops from a frequently ran ftp raid.  No packs required.

It's not a bad thing if new characters have somewhat of challenge with incorporeal enemies from levels 5-8.

It teaches them an aspect of the game.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #64 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:32am:
Ever tried to solo that puzzle?  It's a bitch.

Practising and then beating that quest solo was up there with my finest (as in -for me-, not objectively brilliant) DDO moments.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:40pm:

Not that Sev would realize what poor planning that is, he doesn't run that low level stuff because there is nobody to cast raise dead on his soul stone  Roll Eyes

Like I said... Ghost Bane is a ML1 augment that is REALLY easy to get.... ghost touch weapons are also really easy to attain... not seeing the reason for outrage here  Huh

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #66 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:26pm:
Like I said... Ghost Bane is a ML1 augment that is REALLY easy to get.... ghost touch weapons are also really easy to attain... not seeing the reason for outrage here  Huh

OK, maybe I missed it, I thought Ghostbane Augment was a drop from a past event, are they a harbor collectible turn in and I'm just spacing?

Having to find a red slot blank is a bit of a pain, but at least with the BTA nature you could pass one once you found it.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:01pm:
OK, maybe I missed it, I thought Ghostbane Augment was a drop from a past event, are they a harbor collectible turn in and I'm just spacing?

Having to find a red slot blank is a bit of a pain, but at least with the BTA nature you could pass one once you found it.

Night Revels has it for like a single turn in, not sure if Remnant guy has em too. Most folks I know give em out for the asking.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #68 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
And it's not so much outrage as just frustration at the stupidity. Having Ghostbane in the "easy to grind for at level" group hurts nobody and helps some, so why not. The only down side is some Turdbin employee has to admit their first guess wasn't well thought out, and honestly, just grow a pair (them not you).

It doesn't have to be craft level 1, but it should be something a low level character can grind to in a few hours. Or maybe a few hours after they ground their way to some other low level useful shard. Give them a series of small but meaningful rewards with a minor grind between. Some nice easy ones to get them hooked, then gently reel them in a couple of crafting hours at a time.

Sure the really powerful stuff should take considerable effort to get, but if this is competing with an easy to get augment, it clearly isn't a problem to put it within reach of new/weak players.

I don't want to hear why it's ok to make a bad decision, tell me why it's a ncessary decision or fix it. Anything less is just lazy or petulant. Again, Turdbin not you, though it would be awesome if you could fix it.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 12:05am:
BTW - This new crafting system is HORRIBLE for crafting to help out newbies.  the costs on unbound shards are exorbitant.  Especially for twink items you would give newbs.  New Crafting has basically killed that concept, imo.

Killed it with fire.  I used to make crap for new players all the time.  With the prices of doing that in NewCC being so high, I can't do that any more.  It doesn't hurt me in the slightest, it only hurts those I would like to help.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #70 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:07pm:
Night Revels has it for like a single turn in, not sure if Remnant guy has em too. Most folks I know give em out for the asking.

I'll check remnant guy when I get a chance, but revels runs once a year and asking somebody to give you an augment isn't really a practical solution. You can beg for plat, too, but it's not a satisfying way for most people to play the game. Most people want to sustain the illusion that they are heroes, right from level one, and asking a more powerful character to give you an augment out of the kindness of their heart doesn't jibe well with that. It works for some, and it's great to have that option, but it's not a good enough solution to make changing the shard to more reasonable requirements superfluous.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #71 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:23am:
But I also get why Turbine doesn't do that.  Because of the bulk of those mats sitting out there that would immediately be used to obtain things without having to run content.  (which would be counter to the goal of such turn-in creations.  To create incentives to run the older content).

I don't get this argument.

There is a bulk of old ingredients lying around. It is a symptom of the problem we both identify as no crafting system integration. What this argument says is that the symptom is a valid reason for not solving the problem.

It still doesn't even seem to be Turbine's position, because if it were, they would at least be integrating systems going forward. We can see with Remnants, ToEE, LGS, New CC, & Slaver's that they are not.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #72 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:44am:
Here's hoping it's just in the Cannith Crafting and the legacy items are left as is.

Well, it used to double-list vampirism in the detailed tool-tip, and now it single-lists. Maybe that was our favorite intern and the devs left their dirty hands off it. Maybe.

Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:18pm:
It goes back to the discussion I was having with KumGulp the other day

Not for nothing, it's sentences like this that make the internet awesome.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #73 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:15pm:
I don't get this argument.

There is a bulk of old ingredients lying around. It is a symptom of the problem we both identify as no crafting system integration. What this argument says is that the symptom is a valid reason for not solving the problem.

It still doesn't even seem to be Turbine's position, because if it were, they would at least be integrating systems going forward. We can see with Remnants, ToEE, LGS, New CC, & Slaver's that they are not.

That's a fair point.  Even if they didn't want to bring the old stuff foward, they could build a new, more integrated ingredients system going forward.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #74 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 8:54am:
Oh, and [sarcasm]thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, you thoughtless bastard[/sarcasm]  Grin Grin Grin

Well, if you’re that easy to manipulate! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint