Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Producer Letter (Read 8916 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Producer Letter
Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478970-DDO-Producer-s-Letter-September...
Quote:
I hope you've been enjoying Against the Slave Lords, checking out our new Cannith Crafting update, and helping us celebrate a decade of DDO! I'm writing today to talk about our plans for the rest of the year and beyond.

Our goal is to release two updates before the end of the year. One of the updates will be larger, the other smaller, and combined they'll bring several things that players have long asked for to DDO. Since we are currently working on two updates, it isn't clear yet what will be in each update. We'll release things when they are ready, so if something isn't ready in time for next month, we'll see if we can finalize it for the following update in December.

Here's the list of Things We’re Working On:

~ Updated Night Revels event: First up, we’re working on an update to The Night Revels, our Halloween-themed event which debuted last year. We’re planning to add a couple of new quests along with a handful of new items that will focus on cosmetic fun. We’re expecting the updated Night Revels to debut later in October.

~ A new Questing hub: We've long wanted to help people figure out where to go and what to do when they come back to DDO from some time away, and this hub will help both them as well as anyone who'd like to get to quest entrances more quickly. We don't have a name for this new system yet, and we'll be talking a lot more about it in the coming weeks.

~ World Character Transfers: We've heard from many of you that our process to transfer characters from one world to another needs to be more intuitive and take less time. Our new launcher-based system will send a character or characters from one world to another in seconds, and players will be able to pay for their transfers directly with Turbine Points. We think you'll like this transfer system, which is already in place in our sister game Lord of the Rings Online. Expect to see it debut by the end of the year.

~ Deity feats: We’ll be adding new Deities that players can follow, and new feats that can be unlocked by players who find favor with their deity of choice.

~ A new free dungeon: We’re expecting to release a new free dungeon in December that we think fans of A Study in Sable will enjoy. This quest sends adventurers to a popular type of pen and paper location that hasn’t had much representation in DDO. I’d say more, but I don’t want to spoil it.

~Character Bank Storage: We’re working to take the user interface used for your Shared Account Bank and Crafting Storage and bring it to your personal character bank. Besides an improved look and functionality, this change will allow us to offer additional character bank storage space in the future.

~ Monks and Favored Soul updates: Continuing our class work, you can expect an overhaul of handwraps in addition to updated enhancement trees for both classes.

Looking beyond 2016, we know many of you have been hearing the rumors and teases about Ravenloft, so let's talk Strahd. We're 100% interested in bringing Ravenloft to DDO, and are working through the process to make it happen. We don't have an exact time frame in mind, although our current plan has it coming to DDO sometime towards the end of 2017. We can't wait to bring one of the most popular and classic adventures in Dungeons & Dragons history to the game.

We’re also planning for our 11th anniversary in late February! We’re hoping to debut a new playable race for the anniversary along with some new adventuring. We’ve been asking you whether you’d like to play a kobold or dragonborn, and while the final decision hasn’t been made, it looks like many of you would enjoy the dragonborn, so we’ll see what the anniversary brings.

It remains an honor to be your Executive Producer, and I'll be back later this year to look ahead to 2017. Until next time, may the loot gods smile on you.

~ Sev

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Producer Letter
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
~Character Bank Storage: We’re working to take the user interface used for your Shared Account Bank and Crafting Storage and bring it to your personal character bank. Besides an improved look and functionality, this change will allow us to offer additional character bank storage space in the future.

MORE DUPING!!! YESSS! Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
sigh

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:49pm:

shut your dirty whore mouth. there is no duping in ddo.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Not that I love the existing personal bank, but the shared interface is WORSE.  Ugh.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:49pm:

More likely "no more tabs and a 10 second pause between sections of the character inventory list", just like the best part of Shared Bank.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Ah fuck, I figured it was only a matter of time before the easiest solution was to just shut the personal bank. Fuckers.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Our goal is to release two updates before the end of the year. One of the updates will be larger, the other smaller, and combined they'll bring several things that players have long asked for to DDO. Since we are currently working on two updates, it isn't clear yet what will be in each update. We'll release things when they are ready, so if something isn't ready in time for next month, we'll see if we can finalize it for the following update in December.

Proves that Sev is dead

Proves that I woke up in Bizarro World

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
No reference to big new content releases which is very much what DDO needs

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #9 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:50pm:

Proves that Sev is dead

Proves that I woke up in Bizarro World

Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
So they'll bring a new race into the game with maybe plus strength and an action point sink for breath weapons that will do the square root of fuck all damage.

They'll bring a new free to play quest, which is always sort of nice but not that meaningful.

They'll fuck with banks which couldn't possibly go wrong.

They'll fuck with handwraps and turn them into mushrooms or some lag and seizure inducing bullshit.

And they want to bring Ravenloft to the game in the worst way, and probably will.

Still there must be some profitability for them to continue to invest in new development.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
They'll fuck with handwraps and turn them into mushrooms or some lag and seizure inducing bullshit.

I'd buy the cosmetic if they looked like the mushroom hat.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:44pm:
We’ve been asking you whether you’d like to play a kobold or dragonborn, and while the final decision hasn’t been made, it looks like many of you would enjoy the dragonborn, so we’ll see what the anniversary brings.

So, since most want dragonborn, we'll get kobold and like it.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:44pm:
I hope you've been enjoying Against the Slave Lords, checking out our new Cannith Crafting

Yeah, the grind for yet another crafting system and the inventory nightmare have been fucking awesome.

At least the shit looks good. #artdepartmentisntpaidenough

Quote:

Big if true. Not holding my breath.

Quote:
~ Updated Night Revels event: First up, we’re working on an update to The Night Revels, our Halloween-themed event which debuted last year. We’re planning to add a couple of new quests along with a handful of new items that will focus on cosmetic fun. We’re expecting the updated Night Revels to debut later in October.

Almost stopped reading here to fap, but I soldiered on.

Quote:
~A new Questing hub: We've long wanted to help people figure out where to go and what to do when they come back to DDO from some time away, and this hub will help both them as well as anyone who'd like to get to quest entrances more quickly. We don't have a name for this new system yet, and we'll be talking a lot more about it in the coming weeks.

About fucking time. Only 6 years too late.

Quote:
World Character Transfers: We've heard from many of you that our process to transfer characters from one world to another needs to be more intuitive and take less time. Our new launcher-based system will send a character or characters from one world to another in seconds, and players will be able to pay for their transfers directly with Turbine Points. We think you'll like this transfer system, which is already in place in our sister game Lord of the Rings Online. Expect to see it debut by the end of the year.

Hallelujah. I can finally get my main off the deserted island of Cannith.

Quote:
~Deity feats: We’ll be adding new Deities that players can follow, and new feats that can be unlocked by players who find favor with their deity of choice.

Again, finally. Playing a Divine is excruciating as it stands now. This might, MIGHT make it more palatable.

Quote:
~ A new free dungeon: We’re expecting to release a new free dungeon in December that we think fans of A Study in Sable will enjoy. This quest sends adventurers to a popular type of pen and paper location that hasn’t had much representation in DDO. I’d say more, but I don’t want to spoil it.

More is MOAR.

Quote:

Because what could go wrong?

Quote:
~ Monks and Favored Soul updates: Continuing our class work, you can expect an overhaul of handwraps in addition to updated enhancement trees for both classes.

Handwraps overhaul will be totally slick and seamless. Because Rockstarz.

Quote:
Looking beyond 2016, we know many of you have been hearing the rumors and teases about Ravenloft, so let's talk Strahd. We're 100% interested in bringing Ravenloft to DDO, and are working through the process to make it happen. We don't have an exact time frame in mind, although our current plan has it coming to DDO sometime towards the end of 2017. We can't wait to bring one of the most popular and classic adventures in Dungeons & Dragons history to the game.

Well... It'll blow dead bears for quarters and give change, but it's more content.

It'd be nice if for once; that content wasn't just more recycling of Undead.

Quote:
We’re also planning for our 11th anniversary in late February! We’re hoping to debut a new playable race for the anniversary along with some new adventuring. We’ve been asking you whether you’d like to play a kobold or dragonborn, and while the final decision hasn’t been made, it looks like many of you would enjoy the dragonborn, so we’ll see what the anniversary brings.

I'm gonna need to start stockpiling ganja and whiskey now, to get through this fiasco.

Fucking Dragonborn... Somebody hold me.

Quote:
It remains an honor to be your Executive Producer, and I'll be back later this year to look ahead to 2017. Until next time, may the loot gods smile on you.

This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
So they'll bring a new race into the game with maybe plus strength and an action point sink for breath weapons that will do the square root of fuck all damage.

My suspicion is that Dragonborn would be a Charisma based race vs. Strength.  Emphasizing the draconic/magical heritage vs. the physical attributes.  Who knows.  maybe they give both.  With a negative to something to offset.  Maybe Dex?  Can't be easy to move in that skin...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 2:58pm:
No reference to big new content releases which is very much what DDO needs

There is more quality of life stuff in there and systems stuff than content, for sure.  I generally prefer content over those kinds of things, but I get that for other players these things are important.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #16 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
ZOMG YES! I NEEDED THIS NEWS.  MORE BANK SPACE! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. Smiley

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Nothing that would make me bother logging on to check it out. Ravenloft? For fucks sake that is just more undead. Dragon born wtf please let it be kobold if only for Sanity's sake.

Diety feats? Really ten years in and you finally want to add to the divine player options after most who played divines as main said fuck it and walked. Handwraps? Why bother their threat range is Shiite in a game all about grits and they will have to go fucking over kill on monk captstones to phase out the kensai monk builds.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #18 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 4:35pm:
My suspicion is that Dragonborn would be a Charisma based race vs. Strength.  Emphasizing the draconic/magical heritage vs. the physical attributes.  Who knows.  maybe they give both.  With a negative to something to offset.  Maybe Dex?  Can't be easy to move in that skin...

Could be the CHA version which would fit with the iconic being some kind of amped up sorc.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Wow the Fanbois are slobbering all over Sev,  they must have turned on the asskiss-signal above the city Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:29pm:
Could be the CHA version which would fit with the iconic being some kind of amped up sorc.

That's what I'd think.  They have Iconic's for Fighter, Pally, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric.  I doubt they go back and hit one of those again.  So that leaves you with a bunch of non-starters - Druid, Arti, Monk, Ranger, FvS, Bard, Barbarian and two possibilities - Warlock and Sorcerer.  But Sorcerer and the draconic aspects of that class are a clear match.

Tiefling is a better match for Warlock anyways.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:18pm:
ZOMG YES! I NEEDED THIS NEWS.  MORE BANK SPACE! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. Smiley

Robai, is that you? Cheesy

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2016 at 5:55pm:
That's what I'd think.  They have Iconic's for Fighter, Pally, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric.  I doubt they go back and hit one of those again.  So that leaves you with a bunch of non-starters - Druid, Arti, Monk, Ranger, FvS, Bard, Barbarian and two possibilities - Warlock and Sorcerer.  But Sorcerer and the draconic aspects of that class are a clear match.

Tiefling is a better match for Warlock anyways.

Dude I betcha its the strength based and if they do an iconic  its barbie doll.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We'll release things when they are ready

BWAAAHAAAHAAAAhahaahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh
hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
!!!

ahaa. haaah.  hah.  heheeheheheheheeeeh.

BWAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAA! HAaaaahhahahaaaaa!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Kobolds are typed as lizards, if you're crafting bane.  Also, I need more rum.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint