Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic STICKY: Enhancements that need to be rethought (Read 7135 times)
Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

STICKY: Enhancements that need to be rethought
Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:37am
Print Post  
This thread is for utterly ridiculous worthless enhancements that no one would ever pick and need to be reworked or looked at by the developers:

Ill start:

Counterattack (tier 4 stalwart defender.. but requires lvl 12  Cool

This is an ACTION Boost that while it is in effect if you actively sheild block an attack your next attack gains 1(W).   And oh it can stack up to 3 times.. so if you actively sheild block up to 3 attacks and then attack, that said attack will have +3W.

Would anyone ever use this?   At least make it so its not an action boost.. (always in effect for 6 seconds after shield blocking, stacking up to 3 times?)

otherwise I think this needs to be drastically increased.. who the hell is going to sheild block or would even give a rat's behind to have ONE single attack have a whopping +1,2 or 3 (W) tacked onto the base damage.

I dont know about all of you but in the scheme of things and compared to stuff like haste boost the damage bonus to one hit after blocking 1-3 times is so insignificant its like microscopic.   So you get what 30-50 more base damage on one attack?  Aren't most people doing 10's of thousands of damage every few seconds as a melee... why would one attack having (3)W mean anything?
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:18am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: STICKY: Enhancements that need to be rethought
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 5:40am
Print Post  
I love how shield bash is viewed as a nice alternative to dps-tanking.

To be clear: you can be prr/mrr tank with nice dps without the use of shields.

Or...am i wrong?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
(Sorcerer) Fanning the flame: Whenever you cast a Fire damage spell, you have a 10%/20%/30% chance to gain 3 Temporary Spell Points

Same kind of enhancement in every savant version

(Artificer) Thaumaturgical Battery: Whenever you cast an infusion or spell, you capture a portion of that infusion or spells' energy as 1 Temporary Spell Point. This Temporary Spell Points lasts for one minute, until consumed by another infusion or spell, or until you rest.

Like, wow, pure weaksauce forced into a core enhancement

and some others I don't have the patience to look for right now
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2016 at 8:51am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:13am
Print Post  
How about early Cores that are pretty much nothing but AP Taxes?

Pacifism for example
Toggle: You gain 25 Positive Energy Spell Power and 3% Positive Energy Spell Critical Chance, but have -50 Spell Power and cannot critically hit with other spell damage types, and deal -1[W] damage.
REQUIRED TO GET TO RADIANT BURST!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:47am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:13am:

Pacifism for example
Toggle: You gain 25 Positive Energy Spell Power and 3% Positive Energy Spell Critical Chance, but have -50 Spell Power and cannot critically hit with other spell damage types, and deal -1[W] damage.

na son fuck off my extra 25 positive sp this is a stacking and unique source that i enjoy for min maxing a positive spell build

i dont try to take away your shitty dnd lore dress up simulator builds dont try to reduce my minmax

a good suggestion would be along the lines of:

can we change every single enhancement that adds +1 to criteria fitting weapons enhancement and dr magic to instead give a +1 damage bonus, in the hopes of greatly increasing the usefulness of celestia.

an example of this is the warpriest righteous weapons line:

Quote:
When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus.

if changed to something like

Quote:
When wielding your religion's favored weapon, you gain an angelic bonus of +1 to attack and damage rolls per instance of this enhancement
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:52am by eighnuss »  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 5:40am:
I love how shield bash is viewed as a nice alternative to dps-tanking.

To be clear: you can be prr/mrr tank with nice dps without the use of shields.

Or...am i wrong?

I could break 200 PRR on a light-armor ranger without too many DPS sacrifices so no, you're not wrong.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, why are we discussing this here? Discussions on the official forums usually go nowhere, and we're basically the "special ed" room of the DDO community.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:13am:

Pacifism for example

That entire tree is an AP tax to get the aura. Needs rethinking, but moving the aura to a different tree and starting over with a viable idea would be better.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:00pm:
That entire tree is an AP tax to get the aura. Needs rethinking, but moving the aura to a different tree and starting over with a viable idea would be better.

They did rethink it.

Only they called it Enlightened Spirit and gave it to Warlocks!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 3:17pm:
Just out of curiosity, why are we discussing this here? Discussions on the official forums usually go nowhere, and we're basically the "special ed" room of the DDO community.

Because Daggerdick has a huge ego and wants the attention, and it works. Like always.

Also, putting "STICKY" on your own thread? Super classy.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:26pm
Print Post  

This. Dedicated healers are for a game that no longer exists. In Sev's MMO, everyone self-heals.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:26pm:
This. Dedicated healers are for a game that no longer exists. In Sev's MMO, everyone self-heals.

I have to admit, I like Sev's MMO better... did you ever serously play an MMO with the unholy trinity? I'll never forget Vanilla WoW, standing around ironforge for hours on end spamming "lf healer".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:21pm:
I have to admit, I like Sev's MMO better... did you ever serously play an MMO with the unholy trinity? I'll never forget Vanilla WoW, standing around ironforge for hours on end spamming "lf healer".

The current version of DDO is much more solo-friendly. That's good for me. There was a time when I joined groups, though. Back then, being a healer was a lot of fun. Even with all the idiots who complained about you not healing them through walls & around corners.

What you say isn't wrong. Waiting around whenever I played a non-healer did suck. But usually because it meant the PUG was full of idiots. Scroll-healing was a thing then, too. DDO was never "holy trinity", because you could always self-heal. It's just much more efficient now.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
While I agree with “WTF are you doing posting this on the Vault” sentiment, I'll play along.

Holy Retribution needs a major rethink on the “On Damage:” portion.
-  Evil creatures with less than 1,000 HP have a 50%/75%/100% chance to be forced to
    Needs to become: Creatures at less than 20%/40%/60% of their maximum health.
- make a Will save (DC 10 + Paladin Level + Charisma Mod) or be destroyed.
    Needs to become: DC: 10 + Paladin Caster Level (*2 in epic levels) + Highest stat mod.
- On a successful save, the affected creatures take 100 holy damage from this attack as well as -6 to all ability scores for ten seconds.
    Needs to become: Takes Paladin Caster Level *100 holy damage.

HR is a worthwhile Tier 5 in Heroics, but is only useful for the attack animation/smite regen in epics.

Conjure Arrows: Creates stack of 100% arrows if no arrows are currently equipped, or adds 100% returning attribute to equipped arrows.  (Seriously, Fletching makes crafted bolts actually useful in this game.  It’s G&R that Arcane Archers don’t have anything to match it for arrows.)

Revaulting wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:26pm:

Hey now!  Aura = Multiple Spirit Procs = More time as a tree!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:53pm:
Hey now!  Aura = Multiple Spirit Procs = More time as a tree!

That entire tree is an AP tax to get the aura.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #15 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #16 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 2:01am
Print Post  
p. much everything in Nature's Warrior

Celerity: Your attacks rain down like a lashing wind storm. Activating this ability grants you a 30%/40%/50% enhancement bonus to double-strike for 15 seconds.

Hey that's pretty okay.

Cooldown: 5 minutes

Oh.

There's also an ability that gives 60% damage reduction for 8 seconds. Also five minute cooldown.

Reaving Roar: Beast Stance: While this stance is active, killing an enemy grants you a [2/4/6]% competence bonus to threat generation for 10 seconds.

Oh boy 6% threat generation that's exclusive to the other stance that can boost attack speed by 25%. I mean no one is gonna choose threat gen anyway but certainly 6% is a typo??

The lvl 3/6/12/18 cores are all literally the same thing.

Capstone gives +1 to STR/DEX/CON. I'm pretty sure it's the only capstone to give only +1 to stats, not +2 or higher.

The entire tree is a dumpster fire. I'll be interested in seeing what they'll do with it in what, early/mid-2017? Cause they'll have to make a whole new tree, there's just fucking nothing to work with here.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2016 at 2:03am by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:46pm:
The current version of DDO is much more solo-friendly. That's good for me. There was a time when I joined groups, though. Back then, being a healer was a lot of fun. Even with all the idiots who complained about you not healing them through walls & around corners.

What you say isn't wrong. Waiting around whenever I played a non-healer did suck. But usually because it meant the PUG was full of idiots. Scroll-healing was a thing then, too. DDO was never "holy trinity", because you could always self-heal. It's just much more efficient now.

DDO was certainly never as bad as WoW. Personally I think the improved self-healing has actually done a lot to strengthen groups.

You no longer need a "balanced party". You just need six people. Everybody can scroll Raise Dead. Everybody can self-heal. The days of being rejected from a party because they need a healer are over!

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:49am
Print Post  
THe problem is not just utterly useless things but how some things cost double what they should.

Prime example being Kensai tactics costing SIX Ap's for +3 to tactics.   Who the hell is  going to spend almost 1/10th of their entire AP pool on what turns out to be almost 1/100th of their tactics/stun bonus? 

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:09am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 10:47am:
a good suggestion would be along the lines of:

can we change every single enhancement that adds +1 to criteria fitting weapons enhancement and dr magic to instead give a +1 damage bonus, in the hopes of greatly increasing the usefulness of celestia.

an example of this is the warpriest righteous weapons line:
Quote:
When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus.

if changed to something like
Quote:
When wielding your religion's favored weapon, you gain an angelic bonus of +1 to attack and damage rolls per instance of this enhancement

The bonus to the weapon enhancement is what makes this attractive.  +15 untyped spellpower.  Your change would eliminate this.  Of course they could just have the enhance pick add it back in, I guess.  Just pointing out something to consider.

There isn't a snowball in hell chance of them reworking all of the weapon enhancement boosts in order to make one weapon, Celestia, less broken.  What they should do is to unbreak Celestia, period.  Fix whatever dumbass thing they did wrong which makes a simple +1 break it in the first place and then there's no reason to have to work around it at all.  But that's probably one of those things which are tied to their core coding failures and can't be fixed ever, leading to suggestions of hours/days/months spent coding on workarounds that would be a complete waste of time for a single weapon.

But all of the weapon enhancement boosts, in racial trees and the prestige trees, need to be changed.  Priced at 1AP they are more worthwhile.  Even staggering the price like they stagger the damage boosts for repeaters so it's an effective 1.5 cost per tier would be ok.  2 AP is just too much.

The main issue with the ones in the warpriest tree, besides the aforementioned cost, are that they are tied to the deity weapon.  Which almost uniformly suck.

And then there is this:
Quote:
~ Deity feats: We’ll be adding new Deities that players can follow, and new feats that can be unlocked by players who find favor with their deity of choice.

This list really sucks.  When you push back the Monk pass 7 times you shouldn't then group it with one other class like you're actually getting work done.  That list should include Clerics and Druids, no bullshit.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:17am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:09am:
+15 untyped spellpower.  Your change would eliminate this.

Only on old weapons. New stuff uses the weapon ML for its implement bonus.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:44am:
Only on old weapons. New stuff uses the weapon ML for its implement bonus.

Ok, my bad.  +15 Implement bonus, not untyped.  It is still the reason many caster builds take the Enhance Bonuses.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint