Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question on farming culteral collectibles. (Read 12383 times)
lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Question on farming culteral collectibles.
Sep 22nd, 2016 at 8:55am
Print Post  
after having acquired 500+ of all the other types i am trying to find an efficient way to gather the culteral collectibles, i have found that the adventurers packs are too inefficient so i have a few questions.

1. my current assumption is that the only other way to pick up cultural collectibles is treasure bags as no nodes have been listed in the guide besides the bags. is this true or are there other ways to obtain them?

2. my current assumption is that treasure bags can drop from any mob, so the best farming places i can think of for T3-T6 are as follows
T3 possibly Coal chamber on Casuall for infinite bats?
T4 weapons shipment HC LV 18(faster spawn rates than DA)
T5 Weapons Shipment HE (if its 21 is it heroic elite O.o)
T6 Breaking the ranks or lines of supply EC (lv 26)
is there any reason these wouldn't work? has anyone had any better ideas?

and 3. i know that treasure bags are supposed to disappear after 10 min, does anyone know if this has changed?

bonus round, can anyone think of a good T6 natural node to farm? I'm not overly fond of the recommendations in hawk's MoBo thread

*EDIT* I don't particularly like my choices for T6 ether so if you have any suggestions there as well  i'm open.
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:03am by lostthenloved »  

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Question on farming culteral collectibles.
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Supposedly rubble drops cultural as well although I haven't paid that much attention. Problem with bag drops is that from what I understand it appears that mobs are coded to drop the same collectables regardless of level. So a gnoll in sands explorer will drop the same thing as a gnoll in breaking the ranks. Not that any of those bastards in breaking the ranks dropped anything for me.

Note - I didn't comprehensively test and to the best of my knowledge nobody has confirmed that they are coded to only drop that way. So I could be wrong, but I've gotten a ton of blades of the dark 6 in epic content so far.

So unless someone finds a mob that drops T6 collectables by default and has a good spawn rate, or Turbine fixes mob dropped collectables you're stuck looking at adventurers packs and rubble.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:25pm:
Note - I didn't comprehensively test and to the best of my knowledge nobody has confirmed that they are coded to only drop that way. So I could be wrong, but I've gotten a ton of blades of the dark 6 in epic content so far.

Mostly true. I got a medium eberron shard from a mobsack once, though. Helluva gallstone.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I think you’re gonna get screwed in any quest where there is a heroic version.  All the mobs in EE Gianthold are dropping Tier 3 Cultural collectibles.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
I get Smoldering Embers at a very high, and disturbingly reliable rate from tier 5 backpacks. Haven't tested enough to discover if it's just my bad luck. Because farming Smoldering Embers is just too meta for what's become of my game experience.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Well hc weapons is out, I didn't get a single bag out of the test runs, I think  adventurer packs and and rubble is the way to go for now, as far as embers I have just shy of 500, mostly its the new ones I need, and a select few of the old ones, the only old cultural I'm low on is retual candles I think. I know I also need deadly feaver blanch and that's an un commen. I know I have 1 lush cryptmoss and 3 flowering spore pod, I'm also low on swaying mushroom clusters and spore pods, glowmoss clump, oceanic sphere I have 1 tome: history of the houses and crystal decanter,  tome codex of the aurum. I have to look In to those  and figure out why I'm so low on them.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:08pm:
I have to look into those and figure out why I'm so low on them.

Have you tried emptying all the collectible bags on all your characters into the shared ingredient bank space?  You might have a bunch of things spread across your account without realizing it.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:28am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:47pm:
Have you tried emptying all the collectible bags on all your characters into the shared ingredient bank space?  You might have a bunch of things spread across your account without realizing it.

I did, my main had most of it anyway since you know, 29 lives ect but he's my crafter anyway, problem is I largely ignored collectables on other toons just because I don't like emptying the bag frequently and didn't wann buy the alts bigger bags, I'm bad about gems too, biggest gem bag possibke anf I haven't emptied it in aprox 15 lives

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 3:30am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 8:55am:
after having acquired 500+ of all the other types i am trying to find an efficient way to gather the culteral collectibles

The answer is to stop trying.  While in the past there was a decent amount of profit to be made from cultural collectables, in more recent years it has been illegal to buy, sell, or transport cultural collectables.

Compounding the new laws which make it far less attractive to collect cultural collectables is the fact that the major profits have simply gone out of the system.  While there may possibly be another pile of cultural collectables such as the tomb of Tutankhamen remaining, you are far more likely to spend a significant amount of time and money and only wind up with the cursed tiki idol from that Brady Bunch episode.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
to OP:

quite fine source for T5 cultural is EE LoD - on way to both optional altars there is couple adventure packs and bookstores

for T6 cultural most efficient tho boring way is to plunder ship at precious cargo - two nodes on upperboard drop culturals pretty often in all qualities (EE seems best for that), in cargo hold is another natural node

for natural T6 EE breaking the ranks seems best, jump to quest dont ring bell, get to area from which gnolls spawn, 5 natural nodes on spot. recall repeat

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Epic Desecrated Temple of Vol.  West side hall with spinning traps has 2 Adventurer's Packs and 1 Altar.

1 min (CD of DDoor) round trip for 3, T6 collectibles.  It was usually 56-57 secs so I had to wait 3 or 4 sec for DDoor to be off timer.  That was just with 30% striding item.  If I had more run-speed or wings I still would have had to wait on DDoor CD. 

Precious Cargo seems a good idea too but I don't imagine it being faster than 1 min.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Also, there are 4 bone piles through the Orc Gate in Breaking the Ranks which are nice to hit if you are running the quest for XP and not farming Gnoll camp.

I didn't see any near where the giants spawn though.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:06am:
Epic Desecrated Temple of Vol.  West side hall with spinning traps has 2 Adventurer's Packs and 1 Altar.

1 min (CD of DDoor) round trip for 3, T6 collectibles.  It was usually 56-57 secs so I had to wait 3 or 4 sec for DDoor to be off timer.  That was just with 30% striding item.  If I had more run-speed or wings I still would have had to wait on DDoor CD. 

Precious Cargo seems a good idea too but I don't imagine it being faster than 1 min.

cargo is slower mainly due to loadscreen from cave to ship

thanks for vol tip

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:06am:

Monk run speed+monk recall FTW! )))

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #14 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:35am:
Monk run speed+monk recall FTW! )))

Indeed sir.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Epic 3BC wilderness has some easy ones that are close together.
Near Precious Cargo quest.

There is a cabinet and adventure pack by the airship West Winds Mistress.
Rubble on the way to the airship.
Adventure pack by the shrine.
Another cabinet just south of the shrine.

I think I'll give this a try.
Use the Transporter NPC to get to The Scoundrel's Run.
Maybe run to the adventure pack on the kobold island.
Then hit all the collectables mentioned above.

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Satanscock wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:44pm:
Epic 3BC wilderness has some easy ones that are close together.
Near Precious Cargo quest.

There is a cabinet and adventure pack by the airship West Winds Mistress.
Rubble on the way to the airship.
Adventure pack by the shrine.
Another cabinet just south of the shrine.

I think I'll give this a try.
Use the Transporter NPC to get to The Scoundrel's Run.
Maybe run to the adventure pack on the kobold island.
Then hit all the collectables mentioned above.

Not sure about cultural, but there are also a few collectibles right at the beginning of Precious Cargo.  With a monk and fast recall, you can be in, grab three collectibles and out in about 30 seconds.  And you can also get both the <25 and >25 depending on the difficulty you go on.

IP Logged

5fingerdeathpunch
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Vol 2 adv packs 1 altar in 60 secs with ddoor 1 adv on left in blade hall 1 under left stairs (tier 3, 4 and 6 possible)
LoD 3 adv packs before 2nd altar (1 outside 1st altar 2 outside mob room on 2nd) tier 3 ,4 and 5

Terminal Delirium 11 collectibles possible in 4 mins but only 1 adv pack (can add around 60 secs for a rubble) tier 4, 5 and 6

Hope its helpful

Eyes of Stone isnt a bad spot either (5 book cases last in troll room 3 in library and 1 in elemental boss mob only room)

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Party Crashers EE isn't bad for collectable hits.  I think it was dropping Mortar and Pestles iirc.  Just recall after the first shrine, not enough to be worth the time after that.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Anyone find a reliable source for Ornate Charms yet?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 1:20pm:
Anyone find a reliable source for Ornate Charms yet?

I've gotten most of mine from Slavers.  They seem to drop with decent regularity.

IP Logged

5fingerdeathpunch
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
For ornate charms do Vol blade hallway with ddoor. Youll get what you need fairly quickly. 2 adv packs and a altar in 60 secs.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
5fingerdeathpunch wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 3:08pm:
For ornate charms do Vol blade hallway with ddoor. Youll get what you need fairly quickly. 2 adv packs and a altar in 60 secs.

Desecrated Temple of Vol?

Diff matter?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5fingerdeathpunch
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Yeah. Temple of Vol Epic for ornate charms (they are tier 6). My ddoor is on like 2 or 3 secs timer left after each run (warlock 60 sec timer) so its the fastest cutural Ive found for tier 6. Theres 1 under stairs in Tavern Brawl but you get more for your buck with Vol. Feel free to do casual for ornate to minimize blade damage.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2016 at 5:59pm by 5fingerdeathpunch »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:45am
Print Post  
I will try that! Sadly I have a sovereign XP pot running, so that run is gonna have to wait until I've run some things for XP. Here's hopping I don't hit 30 in the next 3 hours Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint