Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Some reminders that the past sucked too (Read 5800 times)
karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Some reminders that the past sucked too
Sep 25th, 2016 at 9:54am
Print Post  
So a lot of the tools on the official forums and here keep inferring DDO had better days. Maybe that's true from some POV but largely is untrue.

Year one. DDO became dominated by WF arcanes and WF barbie doll mana sponges. The casters being heal and buffs became sop. Sorcies often specced as WF healer buffers as that's all they really could do. The triple str barbie build with an SoS was so light years ahead of all other warrior builds it made any who didn't want to play that kind of warrior walk away in disgust.

This was all a large part of what kept DDO from attracting and holding DND players. If you couldn't be a flying fire ball throwing wizard or a cleric wielding the power of the light laying waste to hoardes of dark undead there where better MMO options then DDO.

As the game evolved and we saw the era of the vale and GS crafting many think of as an early golden era before the time of silence are foolishly egocentric. Raiding in any MMO is a small part of the active population. DDO even less so. The power gap the insane op loot that GS is began the rift that drove off even more players. Lvl 8 GS kits completely cleansed using a long running exploit combined with the later mistake of the TR system lead to try GS golums that disgust many would be players with a sense of why bother with such a broken game.

This all snowballed into loot revamps and class revamps trying g to suck in new players but really nothing worked it was one broken or flawed idea on top of another made in moments of stress and desperation not with cash and careful thought.

There is no fixing it. There likely really never was. Even from the beginning flawed MMO tropes like raid loot being best only served to create a divide a DND based game should never of had. Expecting every player to take part in all content including raids was an assumption thatade us all into asses.

Later with TRing same thing at first it was atypical so they said don't sweat it. Then as more and more used it those who did wanted content to challenge their minority. A divide among us that never should of been. Because the answer was make loot so stupid and p2w classes like lock and races like bf to let new comers be able to pug with old timers as an MMO must have. But that only alienated try hards with all the toys who wanted others to have to try hard to or not play with them.

There was never balance never a golden age never a time the game was even close to feeling like an active and healthy MMO population.

The ball was never dropped. It was missed on the first throw and the teams, coaches, and spectators all just stood in silent awe of such epic fail as the fall bounced thundering in the deafening silence until it ended with a sad slow roll into a wall.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Some reminders that the past sucked too
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
one thing that didnt suck about the past: you weren't here yet
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:05pm by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 9:54am:
manyshot sob sob sob

yup.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:27pm:
yup.

Fucking hell, you beat me to it.  I read that whole whiny post thinking "damn, he is still so buttfurt about his manyshot."

- Zorro

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:08am:
Fucking hell, you beat me to it.  I read that whole whiny post thinking "damn, he is still so buttfurt about his manyshot."

karavek is a KNN sock?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 12:04pm:
karavek is a KNN sock?

How is this news?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
aside the whine; huge gaps in his timeline of purported events. What a fucking tard. Can't even whine historically.

LMFAO

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
another Kavarek wall of text ?

*yawn*

when is he going to learn The Vault Way of Posting ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
How is this news?

News to me!

Though frankly not that big a surprise. Is it confirmed or just heavily suspected?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:37pm:
News to me!

Though frankly not that big a surprise. Is it confirmed or just heavily suspected?

I have not seen DropBear weigh in on the subject.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #11 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:37pm:
News to me!

Only two (or possibly three) people know for sure.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 6:12pm:
Only two (or possibly three) people know for sure.

Theoretically we should be able to tell from posting times/online times. Flav had a pretty good handle on princess's habbits. Whats your take, frog?

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #13 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
All of Karavek's posts start off as a logical attempt to convince the vault that DDO has always been shit by laying out a thousand examples of how things were 10 years ago, but inevitably devolve into a whiny wall of text.

If it is pay4pals, then Karavek is the sock he uses when he thinks everyone will surely agree with him if he can just make a coherent argument. For some reason he's incapable of seeing that 90% of the vault sees a giant wall of bitch and don't read a single word.

- Zorro

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:38pm:
All of Karavek's posts start off as a logical attempt to convince the vault that DDO has always been shit by laying out a thousand examples of how things were 10 years ago, but inevitably devolve into a whiny wall of text.

If it is pay4pals, then Karavek is the sock he uses when he thinks everyone will surely agree with him if he can just make a coherent argument. For some reason he's incapable of seeing that 90% of the vault sees a giant wall of bitch and don't read a single word.

Ain't it the truth Tongue

Maybe that's why I never caught on, the text walls are so fucking stupid that my eyes just glazed over by the second sentence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:09am:
the text walls are so fucking stupid that my eyes just glazed over by the second sentence.

Mine just glaze over as soon as they see the size of the post and who posted it... Even before starting to read one word of it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #16 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:42pm:
Mine just glaze over as soon as they see the size of the post and who posted it... Even before starting to read one word of it.

If you read them in Steve Carell's "Brick Tamland" Voice they get better.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #17 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
If you read them in Steve Carell's "Brick Tamland" Voice they get better.

lol, I'll have to try that next time.

My guess, and apparently grand's as well, for why this thread exists is that Pay4pals attempted some quest on EN and failed miserably.  He creates this narrative that DDO has always been shit even from the beginning to cope with his build's inability to master doubleshot and when that happens he comes running here for support to confirm the delusion.

The thread will get a little good when he finally shows up to say grand and I are both Remi socks.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2016 at 1:00pm by Mr Reilly »  

- Zorro

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
On the Vault, you're nobody until you've been accused of being somebody's sock.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 1:27pm:
On the Vault, you're nobody but a sock.

ftfy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
...isn't "LagMonsterrrrrr" also a confirmed KNN sock? Man, shit is getting meta in here.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #21 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 1:58pm:
...isn't "LagMonsterrrrrr" also a confirmed KNN sock? Man, shit is getting meta in here.

i dont think so he just seems dumb as fuck, furthermore, confirmed by who

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure its supposed to be...

On the Vault, you're nobody, go suck a cock

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 3:50pm:
i dont think so he just seems dumb as fuck, furthermore, confirmed by who

People who have access to IP addresses and the ability to say "this username is posting from the same IP as this username"? That would be a pretty solid confirmation.

And yeah, there's some many dumfucks here lately that it's hard to keep track. princess is devolving so hard she barely uses whole words anymore, Kavarek throws me for a loop because despite being dumber than a rock, he's an articulate little cock-sucker. If lagmonsterrrrrr isn't a KNN sock I'll eat my hat.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:54pm:
People who have access to IP addresses and the ability to say "this username is posting from the same IP as this username"? That would be a pretty solid confirmation.

Just throw in a clear pixel and read the logs.  Browser fingerprinting's better anyway - it's pretty trivial to proxy traffic, but most people are too lazy to switch browser strings.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint