Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lootgen vs New CC (Read 5947 times)
Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Lootgen vs New CC
Sep 28th, 2016 at 6:25am
Print Post  
So last night I looted level 22 boots with STR 9, speed IX and false life 33 on them. They seem like a pretty decent epic levelling item but they got me thinking... Why did turbine choose to make new CC loot better than new lootgen?

If I'd have made an item with the same attributes in new CC then all values would be higher, STR would be 10, false life would be 39 and melee alarcity (why can't we craft speed you asshats) would be 15%. But why.... Under the old CC system items could be forcibly made lower level than they should be (masterfull craftsmanship) but this effect can, and does, still appear on random loot. Why does an item that I design myself with 3 chosen effect get to have stronger effects at level than random loot 99% of which is garbage? That seems counter productive.

Is it a marketing strategy to sell more of the new treasure level boosters or is it just incompetence? Thoughts?

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Re: Lootgen vs New CC
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Probably because in 6 months Cannith Crafting will be outdated again.

Just like when original CC came out, you could craft stuff better than you could find.  Then, they changed the loot, and bam, CC became nearly useless.

Plus, the way of the F2P model is to constantly make everything a revenue producer.  The best way to do that is to always change, forcing the players to have to break out a credit card to keep up with the Joneses.

You have to choose;  Is this a game for entertainment purposes or is this your life?

For me, as far as I know, I cannot make real money out of this game.  I can put real money into a dividend paying company and make real income.

I chose to make the game entertainment only.  Turbine got enough money from me back in my VIP days.  The game's bugs became progressively worse.  Nothing was fixed.  I decided they don't fix stuff, I am not paying for bugs.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:43am
Print Post  
not speaking about that leveling CC and getting those collectables for all that fancy enchantments is just another grind keeping people playing.

IMHO new CC have some use maybe for end levels, everything else is worth no effort - any decent build will roflstomp thru content without any crafted stuff

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Because if ran gen loot was better then nobody would invest the time in leveling crafting and farming collectibles. 

There needed to be some value in CC that justified the time investment in gathering the collectibles, dissolving items into essences, leveling crafting.

It is interesting that you are feeling like CC is overpowered compared to Ran Gen.  A good number of people feel that CC is underpowered because they capped the stats at the top of the normal range for each ML.  Wherease, with Masterful Ran Gen, you can exceed that. 

If you can get 10 Str at ML 22 on CC, then you can theoretically get 11 Str at ML 22 on a masterful craftsmanship Ran Gen item.  At cap, you can get +16 or +17 stats on Ran Gen, but CC caps at +15. 

Personally, I think that CC is a good deal more powerful than Ran Gen.  Guaranteeing getting 3 effects you want + a gren slot is more important than that extra +1 on a single effect with one or two crappy/suboptimal effects probably with no slot.

I have no plans to wear any ran gen loot on any of my characters and the only thing I look for in the ran gen loot lists is weapons with metal properties or accessories with slots so that I can use them as blanks.  The short lived days of scanning the ran gen lists for things that would actually be wearable is over.  Except maybe on Heroic level TR's for a quick PL.  Most of those, I couldn't care less what gear I am wearing.  Gear is irrelevant until Epic levels. 

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:50am:
Because if ran gen loot was better then nobody would invest the time in leveling crafting and farming collectibles. 

There needed to be some value in CC that justified the time investment in gathering the collectibles, dissolving items into essences, leveling crafting.

It is interesting that you are feeling like CC is overpowered compared to Ran Gen.  A good number of people feel that CC is underpowered because they capped the stats at the top of the normal range for each ML.  Wherease, with Masterful Ran Gen, you can exceed that. 

If you can get 10 Str at ML 22 on CC, then you can theoretically get 11 Str at ML 22 on a masterful craftsmanship Ran Gen item.  At cap, you can get +16 or +17 stats on Ran Gen, but CC caps at +15. 

Personally, I think that CC is a good deal more powerful than Ran Gen.  Guaranteeing getting 3 effects you want + a gren slot is more important than that extra +1 on a single effect with one or two crappy/suboptimal effects probably with no slot.

I have no plans to wear any ran gen loot on any of my characters and the only thing I look for in the ran gen loot lists is weapons with metal properties or accessories with slots so that I can use them as blanks.  The short lived days of scanning the ran gen lists for things that would actually be wearable is over.  Except maybe on Heroic level TR's for a quick PL.  Most of those, I couldn't care less what gear I am wearing.  Gear is irrelevant until Epic levels. 

Agreed, although I am pretty partial to the Ench 7 / In Necro 4 goggles my caster wears - no slot though  Sad

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 8:50am:

I don't disagree with you that randgen CAN be better, especially with masterfull craftsmanship, augment slots and the ability (although that mostly only works when you have loot quality boosters or bonus loot quality event), what I find weird is that while levelling randgen's attributes are lower than newCC's.

How much randgen do you find that's actually usefull? Yes those boots can have STR 17 speed XV and false life 50(?) on them but in 99.9% of cases they either have lackluster STR, or only one good ability. Compared to CC where i KNOW what i'm putting on the item and where everything can compliment each other i'd think that randgen would have to have atleast the same abilities to keep up.

Of course if you are willing to purchase randgen off the ASAH this problem gets alleviated somewhat but a lot of people don't want to search through pages of trash.

Which might be one of my biggest gripes with new randgen in combination with new CC, the fact that 3rd effects or augment slots (and even some 1st or 2nd effects) don't even show up in the fucking item name. You'd think that'd be an easy fix and that would atleast make sifting through lootgen easier.

Maybe it's more of a convenience thing for me (ignoring the blatant grind). With newCC i know exactly what goes on which item, with new randgen i have to hover over every fucking item to see if there's 3 effects on it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 2:05am:
I don't disagree with you that randgen CAN be better, especially with masterfull craftsmanship, augment slots and the ability (although that mostly only works when you have loot quality boosters or bonus loot quality event), what I find weird is that while levelling randgen's attributes are lower than newCC's.

How much randgen do you find that's actually usefull? Yes those boots can have STR 17 speed XV and false life 50(?) on them but in 99.9% of cases they either have lackluster STR, or only one good ability. Compared to CC where i KNOW what i'm putting on the item and where everything can compliment each other i'd think that randgen would have to have atleast the same abilities to keep up.

Of course if you are willing to purchase randgen off the ASAH this problem gets alleviated somewhat but a lot of people don't want to search through pages of trash.

Which might be one of my biggest gripes with new randgen in combination with new CC, the fact that 3rd effects or augment slots (and even some 1st or 2nd effects) don't even show up in the fucking item name. You'd think that'd be an easy fix and that would atleast make sifting through lootgen easier.

Maybe it's more of a convenience thing for me (ignoring the blatant grind). With newCC i know exactly what goes on which item, with new randgen i have to hover over every fucking item to see if there's 3 effects on it.

I agree that they pretty much invalidated Ran Gen if you want to do CC.  They placed CC loot higher than I thought they would.  I'm not complaining, because I had max crafting levels and tons of crafting mats.  But they gave it so much power that it wiped out ran gen loot as being something that I care about, besides as a source for crafting materials. 

I also find the naming on the Ran Gen items frustrating.  I get that augment slots dont show and thats fine.  But give us the prefix and the suffix all the time.  And maybe a visual difference if the item has a 3rd effect.  A different color border or background or something.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 10:51am
Print Post  
heh, idk i m just now leveling one toon in heroics and couple times i was like "lets craft some useful stuff" when i got new level - but it always ended "fuck it, not needed, too much work"

so maybe i ll craft something for lvl 30s i have

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 10:51am:
heh, idk i m just now leveling one toon in heroics and couple times i was like "lets craft some useful stuff" when i got new level - but it always ended "fuck it, not needed, too much work"

so maybe i ll craft something for lvl 30s i have

Why bother with crafting in heroics?  Just grab some ran gen mixed with some BtA stuff from the last few packs and roll.  It's 80% of what crafting will get you, which is good enough for heroics. 

The only reason I would craft for heroics was if I was doing something like the old PastLifenmo or a 9 Warlock/11 PL build repeatedly to bang out PL's quick.  But the build never changes for 10-12 lives.  Then there would be some value.  But if you are running the PL's and actually playing the PL class each life, thus the gear isn't the same, then it's a waste of time. 

Epic crafting makes more sense.  I'd make an ML 20 set (mixed with Eveningstar items, etc), an ML 24 set and an ML 26/28 set.  To cycle thru on ETR's on the same build/class.  The repetition makes it worthwhile and the challenge level of some EE quests makes it more valuable than in heroics. 

Even then, I'm not doing much of that. 

Mostly, I'm just looking to craft ML 34 gear.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:16am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:15am:
I'd make an ML 20 set (mixed with Eveningstar items,

Isn't anything you can cannith craft at minimum level 20 just objectively better than the eveningstar items? I can't remember having dusted off those items for like 5 lives sadly.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 7:43am:
Probably because in 6 months Cannith Crafting will be outdated again.

Just like when original CC came out, you could craft stuff better than you could find.  Then, they changed the loot, and bam, CC became nearly useless.

Plus, the way of the F2P model is to constantly make everything a revenue producer.  The best way to do that is to always change, forcing the players to have to break out a credit card to keep up with the Joneses.

You have to choose;  Is this a game for entertainment purposes or is this your life?

For me, as far as I know, I cannot make real money out of this game.  I can put real money into a dividend paying company and make real income.

I chose to make the game entertainment only.  Turbine got enough money from me back in my VIP days.  The game's bugs became progressively worse.  Nothing was fixed.  I decided they don't fix stuff, I am not paying for bugs.

^This

I'm not spending my money to work around a problem they intentionally introduced to inconvenience me. It's an arms race with everybody losing - they race to squeeze more, it makes me care less about the game and spend more of my time (and therefore money) elsewhere, which they respond to by squeezing harder ...

I'm not going to invest grind knowing it will be obsolete in a few months. If I could grind out a ton of stuff in a few weeks and have the use of it for 6-12 months, I'd do it, but it takes more than half of the useful lifespan just to get it, I'd rather just spend what little time I devote to this game just playing. RNG is good enough. They spent a year taking crafting from too useless to bother with to too expensive to bother with, good job?  Undecided

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:24am:
Isn't anything you can cannith craft at minimum level 20 just objectively better than the eveningstar items? I can't remember having dusted off those items for like 5 lives sadly.

Yes.  But is it that much better that it is worth the mats?  Sure you can get +9, +4 instead of +7, +2, for strength and con on the helm and gloves, but with the +3 insight to hit/damage and +3 natural armor, you are ahead of the game in resulting DPS. 

To get that +4, you have to invest 10 PED's and 40 new collectibles.  No thanks.  I'll just wear the easy option.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #12 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:29am:
Yes.  But is it that much better that it is worth the mats?  Sure you can get +9, +4 instead of +7, +2, for strength and con on the helm and gloves, but with the +3 insight to hit/damage and +3 natural armor, you are ahead of the game in resulting DPS. 

To get that +4, you have to invest 10 PED's and 40 new collectibles.  No thanks.  I'll just wear the easy option. 

Yeah, I hear you on that. The reason I haven't touched those items in a while is probably because lootgen gets really close in terms of power level so I'm too lazy to switch.... I remember when equipping those items actually made me feel like I got significantly stronger.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Why bother with crafting in heroics?  Just grab some ran gen mixed with some BtA stuff from the last few packs and roll.  It's 80% of what crafting will get you, which is good enough for heroics. 

The only reason I would craft for heroics was if I was doing something like the old PastLifenmo or a 9 Warlock/11 PL build repeatedly to bang out PL's quick.  But the build never changes for 10-12 lives.  Then there would be some value.  But if you are running the PL's and actually playing the PL class each life, thus the gear isn't the same, then it's a waste of time. 

Epic crafting makes more sense.  I'd make an ML 20 set (mixed with Eveningstar items, etc), an ML 24 set and an ML 26/28 set.  To cycle thru on ETR's on the same build/class.  The repetition makes it worthwhile and the challenge level of some EE quests makes it more valuable than in heroics. 

exactly

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  

Agreed. 

The lack of a scaling ingredient cost based on ML of the item is the biggest thing Turbine got wrong with the new CC system.  That lack created a large cost deterrent to crafting most of the good stuff for lower level heroics, especially the unbound shards/items that a charitable crafter may have given out to new players to help get them started.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #15 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
I bet they have no way to measure how many people are using it now, vs. how many were using it pre-update. So they'll go with "our data shows", and just pat themselves on the back.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #16 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:12pm:
I bet they have no way to measure how many people are using it now, vs. how many were using it pre-update. So they'll go with "our data shows", and just pat themselves on the back.

Lol
+1
Smiley

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 12:32am
Print Post  
I think the differences come from a change in the design of CC from inception to completion.  Meaning, when they redid the random loot, they had an idea that the basic power level was going to be the same and that they were going to do an updated Masterful Craftsmanship shard.  Then when they actually tried to do it, the design changed and the CC loot became equal to top of that level power. 

Bushin wrote on Sep 29th, 2016 at 11:24am:
Isn't anything you can cannith craft at minimum level 20 just objectively better than the eveningstar items?

If you can afford the ingredients, unless you think that the set bonuses are the best thing ever.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 12:32am:
If you can afford the ingredients, unless you think that the set bonuses are the best thing ever.

Once you collect the collectables, making a new CC item is super sweet.  Better than anything you can find unless you got that blue moon drop.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 10:56am:
Once you collect the collectables, making a new CC item is super sweet.  Better than anything you can find unless you got that blue moon drop.

Frank wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 5:35pm:
2) Your fanboy gushing over the new CC is pathetic;

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 11:09am:
Mouth diarrhea.

Oh, Mookie.  Poor Mookie.

Let me explain yet again, and maybe you'll get it this time.  While you call me a stalker, you're the one who haunts my posts.  That is a psychological condition best explained to the layman as being similar to how a thief always thinks people are out to steal from him.

Here's the difference between you and I:

When I speak, it is a sage pronouncement, made using the best of current information, and with a willingness to adapt to and incorporate new information even if it might change a prior position I might have held in the past.  I am not a Republican politician, afraid to be seen as being a 'flip flopper' because things have changed, and any intelligent person would change their position when presented with new facts.

When you speak, it is the gibbering of the town fool, capering in his urine stained motley, unwilling or unable to understand that things change and the strong will adapt while the weak will flail about crying "Who moved my cheese!?"  You cling to the past, and relish in attempting to "prove me wrong" by citing information which has been outdated.  You are an idiot, because any intelligent person is able to adapt to a new situation, while you spend all of your energies focused on the past.  More fool, you.

I pity you, seriously.  I've offered you on two different occasions an opportunity to disengage with me.  And while I'll freely admit that those opportunities were laced with the mockery which you so richly deserve, you have failed to pick up on the chances you have been given to stop failing.

Can I make it easier for you to understand?  Me no taunt you and make you look like tool if you shut your mouth.  Is that better?

I would not shit you, my Mookie.  You are my favorite turd!  Accept my third offer, you won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:29am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:27am:
When I speak, it is a sage pronouncement

Who Cares wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 7:44pm:
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:22am:
Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 5:55am:
Does this even mean anything?

only slightly more than your posts in this thread

only slightly more than your posts in any thread

FTFY

Frank wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 2:24pm:
I made a few ML27 & ML28 shards to raise my skill level, but stopped after getting the ML28s to 100% success and not seeing anything higher appear in the list.  This is on the bound machine, I see up to ~ML24 on the unbound machine.

I'll save my essences until I figure out if this is a bug or working as intended.

Frank wrote on Sep 14th, 2016 at 12:08pm:
I wonder if Token of the Spinner, Stone Fetish, and Hairy Trumpet were on purpose.

Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 10:48am:
Snipped a bit.
Your money is spent.  Grats!
WTF  is Kundarak Crafting?

Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 11:06am:
uck all Turbine doesn't ask.
The 100% is that regardless of what you do, no one will care.  Woot!

Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2016 at 4:34pm:
They had to use correcting colors to distract from the fact that players still can't deconstruct items.  Because, colors!  Rugs!  Songs!  Look over here!  The game is working fine!  We are rockstars!

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:37pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:28am
Print Post  
It I don't exercise my poor little Mookie, he gets fat.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:28am:
It I don't exercise my poor little Mookie, he gets fat.

Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:27am:
When I speak, it is a sage pronouncement

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:20pm:

The extent to which you desperately need my approval is getting sadder day by day.

But please, do another few hours of research into my past statements, formatting nested quotes, and meme generators.  Daddy is so very proud of his little Mookie!

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint