Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) And the magic is broken (Read 9736 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

And the magic is broken
Oct 3rd, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Just like that, pufff. Nothing left.

I was speaking with a friend a few weeks ago about how much of a cesspit ddo has became. He decided to quit like in December and only logs in like once per week just to show around a little bit. Last night though the magic broke for me in a shattermantle like effect. I realized how I started to play less with each consecutive update while putting up with unbelievable shit and bug that are never going to get fixed. Now I haven't logged in like almost 3 weeks and I finally came to admit that ddo is somewhat of a liability for my life and is not fun playing anymore. Last updates were so Fugly I'm amazed I didn't quit like a couple of years ago (I can only think of haunted halls of ES as last quest that I actually liked for real).

TLDR
No more ddo for me
No, I don't miss it
No, I don't even care

Guess I don't even have a real reason to post in this section anymore (but I do love reading some of you guys). Well then...take care guys and have fun

NO YOU CAN'T HAZ MY STUFF  Tongue

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Re: And the magic is broken
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Why do people need to be such fucking drama queens? If yer gonna leave.. then just fucking leave already. Don't post here, don't log in to read comments.. just fucking go away.

No-one cares about your epic struggle with DDO attention whoreitis.. we've got far more then enough assholes running around screaming about how the game sucks and how they don't play any more, but won't shut the fuck up about it.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2016 at 8:46pm by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 6:08pm:
TLDR
No more ddo for me
No, I don't miss it
No, I don't even care

Gratz.

NO YOU CAN'T HAZ MY STUFF 

Can I haz ur stuff, anyway?

Doggydaddy wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:11pm:
No-one cares about your epic struggle with DDO attention whoreitis.. we've got far more then enough assholes running around screaming about how the game sucks and they don't play any more, but won't shut the fuck up about it.

No one needs to care. It's more like a healing process.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:34pm
Print Post  

This means you are going on break and will return. If you really want to quit you need to divest yourself of the addictive hoard you've accumulated.

i.e. You should give me your stuff.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:26pm:
Gratz.
No one needs to care. It's more like a healing process.

DDO hurted his feelz?   Cry

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:21am
Print Post  

What about your username and password?

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:35am
Print Post  

I was speaking with a friend a few weeks ago about how much of a cesspit ddo has became. He decided to quit like in December and only logs in like once per week just to show around a little bit. Last night though the magic broke for me in a shattermantle like effect. I realized how I started to play less with each consecutive update while putting up with unbelievable shit and bug that are never going to get fixed. Now I haven't logged in like almost 3 weeks and I finally came to admit that ddo is somewhat of a liability for my life and is not fun playing anymore. Last updates were so Fugly I'm amazed I didn't quit like a couple of years ago (I can only think of haunted halls of ES as last quest that I actually liked for real).

TLDR
No more ddo for me
No, I don't miss it
No, I don't even care

Guess I don't even have a real reason to post in this section anymore (but I do love reading some of you guys). Well then...take care guys and have fun

PM me any exploit you know. Since it no longer matters for ya...

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 8:58am
Print Post  
There is nothing to look in DDO. The game is complete shit.

Just think if you were to start in a new MMO, so you go to check some videos and their forums, and you find people soloing top difficulty raids, doing endless reset on their characters, while others are constantly zerging the same quests over and over with one hand, and that's all the game has to offer.

Well, I don't know about you but I'd laugh hard of those people who play that MMO and try to find something more intresting.

EDIT: and not even mentionning the bugs and the lag. When you add those, you have to think what is wrong with people to play a game like this.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:00am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 9:04am
Print Post  

TLDR
No more ddo for me
No, I don't miss it
No, I don't even care

Good call.  If you aren't having fun, then don't play.  Too little time to spend it doing something you don't enjoy.  Best of luck to you. 

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Wait.. so... Vault is now a support group for the DDO Butthurted?

I started playing about a year before Eveningstar.. so I don't have the mileage you guys do.. but I still enjoy the game and am looking forward to the inclusion of Ravenloft.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 11:32am
Print Post  
You'll be back.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
DDO is for losers.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:10pm:
I suck more cock then any 8 people you can think of, combined

FTFY

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  

TLDR
No more ddo for me
No, I don't miss it
No, I don't even care

I saw someone post this once and I think it's appropriate:

Bye Welcome

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
I walked away from DDO back when GW2 came out, tried neverwinter too, it sucked, but GW2 was good for 3 years...  Now I am back and enjoying DDO again.  YMMV.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Honestly, the magic has been broken for me for a while now... I just log for my Static Group on Monday night, then for the Friday and Saturday raids ( when I'm not on call )... eventually I'll log for an hour or two one night in the week, but it's becoming more rare.

The main issue is the bug riddled game and the constant system changes.
I think the turning point for me was sometime around Shadowfail... before that I was up to date with all the new quests, after Shadowfail I started to drift off, and it's probably tied to the Seizure Inducing Purple Haze ( for me it's just headache inducing, but still it takes 3 or 4 occurence that I can't avoid by looking away and I got a splitting headache ).

I haven't done more that light exploring in Haunted Hall and a few speed runs... even less in TOEE, and I haven't set foot yet in Slavers.
( and honestly, as I have access to the PnP books, I have no interest into running them... I'll post a 'Flav Proof' picture  at some point of my PnP collection [ bearing in mind that I just shifted more than half of it [ GURPS, ADD, DD4, and more ] into wooden crates in the cellar. I know I posted on the fanboy forum a picture of some of my PnP shelves long ago... it didn't get smaller )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:44pm:
Honestly, the magic has been broken for me for a while now... I just log for my Static Group on Monday night, then for the Friday and Saturday raids ( when I'm not on call )... eventually I'll log for an hour or two one night in the week, but it's becoming more rare.

The main issue is the bug riddled game and the constant system changes.
I think the turning point for me was sometime around Shadowfail... before that I was up to date with all the new quests, after Shadowfail I started to drift off, and it's probably tied to the Seizure Inducing Purple Haze ( for me it's just headache inducing, but still it takes 3 or 4 occurence that I can't avoid by looking away and I got a splitting headache ).

I haven't done more that light exploring in Haunted Hall and a few speed runs... even less in TOEE, and I haven't set foot yet in Slavers.
( and honestly, as I have access to the PnP books, I have no interest into running them... I'll post a 'Flav Proof' picture  at some point of my PnP collection [ bearing in mind that I just shifted more than half of it [ GURPS, ADD, DD4, and more ] into wooden crates in the cellar. I know I posted on the fanboy forum a picture of some of my PnP shelves long ago... it didn't get smaller )

I did not enjoy the Shadowfell expansion, either.  It was a low point of the game for me.  I went on a series of breaks from the game from March 2013 - June, 2015.

IP Logged

Quis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
First "I quit" thread I have seen on the vault....things must be bad lol

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #18 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 7:34pm:
This means you are going on break and will return. If you really want to quit you need to divest yourself of the addictive hoard you've accumulated.

i.e. You should give me your stuff.

You are right about that.
I knew a guy who left.
He gave me his stuff. Grin

IP Logged

5fingerdeathpunch
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 11:46am
Print Post  
My guild ldr left gave (someone not saying me or not) the guild and its headaches but no stuff!
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2016 at 11:50am by 5fingerdeathpunch »  

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #20 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
I've all but quit, except for the game of griefing people on the Mobos. That shit is still fucking hilarious. The game itself is as boring as fuck. The hold outs are all 30-60 year old neck beards that are clinging to their glory days of playing PnP D&D in their parents basement.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 2:00pm
Print Post  

TLDR
No more ddo for me
No, I don't miss it
No, I don't even care

Have you tried a lower difficulty?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Turd_Ferguson wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
I've all but quit, except for the game of griefing people on the Mobos. That shit is still fucking hilarious. The game itself is as boring as fuck. The hold outs are all 30-60 year old neck beards that are clinging to their glory days of playing PnP D&D in their parents basement.

So... you mock people who like D&D and/or play an online game loosely associated with it which you no longer play while freely admitting that you willingly spend your own free time trolling those same people?

Interesting.

Let's see:
  • Claims they don't play the game anymore
  • Puts down people who still do
  • Still spends time reading threads on a forum related to the game
  • Considers trolling players of said game on a message board quality entertainment
  • Spends additional time making posts bragging about said trolling

KNN sock or just another wannabe?

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2016 at 2:41pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #23 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Turd_Ferguson wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
The hold outs are all 30-60 year old neck beards that are clinging to their glory days of playing PnP D&D in their parents basement.

Hey, now.  I shave several times a year.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #24 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 2:41pm:
So... you mock people who like D&D and/or play an online game loosely associated with it which you no longer play while freely admitting that you willingly spend your own free time trolling those same people?

Interesting.

Let's see:
  • Claims they don't play the game anymore
  • Puts down people who still do
  • Still spends time reading threads on a forum related to the game
  • Considers trolling players of said game on a message board quality entertainment
  • Spends additional time making posts bragging about said trolling

KNN sock or just another wannabe?

I have a genuine hatred of several of the Mobo posters and that fat fucking pile of homeless person shit Cordovan. So yeah, I get some entertainment from trolling them while I'm at work. The rest of my post is pretty fucking accurate. I'm guessing you're a middle aged over weight neck beard type, otherwise you wouldn't be so butt hurt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint