Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U33 to Lam maybe next week (Read 5648 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

U33 to Lam maybe next week
Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:56pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: U33 to Lam maybe next week
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
That's pretty quick after U32.  Interesting.  But then they need to get U33 out in the next 3 weeks for the Night Revels festival to be live during Halloween.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to that.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Geebus... that was fast.   Shocked

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Is it worth farming night revels for the "spooky" festival augments? I want the +2 wisdom/+2 int augments, they cost entirely too many AS. But on the flip side, if it takes 50 hours of gaybar to farm them I don't think I care...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:37pm:
That's pretty quick after U32.  Interesting.  But then they need to get U33 out in the next 3 weeks for the Night Revels festival to be live during Halloween.

Why do they need U33 for night revels?  I am not sure I see the connection, or was something mentioned about updates to NR being in U33?  I am also curious as to the value of NR stuffs these days....

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
U33 is coming in october, U34 in December.

From the producer's letter:

Quote:
Our goal is to release two updates before the end of the year. One of the updates will be larger, the other smaller, and combined they'll bring several things that players have long asked for to DDO. Since we are currently working on two updates, it isn't clear yet what will be in each update. We'll release things when they are ready, so if something isn't ready in time for next month, we'll see if we can finalize it for the following update in December.

Here's the list of Things We’re Working On:

~ Updated Night Revels event: First up, we’re working on an update to The Night Revels, our Halloween-themed event which debuted last year. We’re planning to add a couple of new quests along with a handful of new items that will focus on cosmetic fun. We’re expecting the updated Night Revels to debut later in October.

Two updates, one next month (October, at the time).  One in December.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
U32 was late ( shifted from August to mid september )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:10pm:
U33 is coming in october, U34 in December.

From the producer's letter:

Two updates, one next month (October, at the time).  One in December. 

Yeah! what shi.... I mean Ash said, it was in the producer's letter and you all know that we can always count on what being in the letter happening so no one should be surprised.... Wink

Silly bitch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:46pm:
U32 was late ( shifted from August to mid september )

Yup.  I think that makes the schedule feel more cramped than it really is.

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:38pm:
Geebus... that was fast.   Shocked

This makes it very scary, if they need three months to fuck up something what can they do within one?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 5:12pm:
This makes it very scary, if they need three months to fuck up something what can they do within one?

Asshole! You made me LOL @ work.. got the hairy eyeball from a few folk who hadn't finished their paperwork yet...

IP Logged

5fingerdeathpunch
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Just give divine disciple back to fvs plz. Easy fix. Oh take it from cleric and replace with a turn based enhancement. Outsiders and elementals.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
i guess they ll make broken wolfs even more broken in their attempt to fix wraps:)

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #14 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Yay, if its all so fast we can expect no bugs and no malfunctioning stuff at all!

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Oct 5th, 2016 at 1:25pm:
Yay, if its all so fast we can expect no bugs and no malfunctioning stuff at all!

Yes, everything will be WAI Smiley

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:54pm:
Why do they need U33 for night revels?  I am not sure I see the connection, or was something mentioned about updates to NR being in U33?  I am also curious as to the value of NR stuffs these days....

I'll try to explain.  You see, Monk stuff was hard, and so it got pushed back for years.  Multiple and systemic bugs with the interactions between handwraps and everything else were ignored, because it was just too hard to fix.

Then when they actually committed to fixing it things were still too hard, so they pushed back again and again.  And again.

And now?  Nothing has changed.  That mountain?  Sisyphus is still facing it.  Monks are still too hard for them to fix.  You can't ignore an actual problem and expect that it'll be fixed while you're off drinking...  No elves are going to come in in the middle of the night and make your shoes for you while you sleep.

So prepare yourself either for a punt or a fail or for yet another push back.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:26am:
I'll try to explain.  You see, Monk stuff was hard, and so it got pushed back for years.  Multiple and systemic bugs with the interactions between handwraps and everything else were ignored, because it was just too hard to fix.

Then when they actually committed to fixing it things were still too hard, so they pushed back again and again.  And again.

And now?  Nothing has changed.  That mountain?  Sisyphus is still facing it.  Monks are still too hard for them to fix.  You can't ignore an actual problem and expect that it'll be fixed while you're off drinking...  No elves are going to come in in the middle of the night and make your shoes for you while you sleep.

So prepare yourself either for a punt or a fail or for yet another push back.

Well, I don't doubt that, but it looks like the monk update is coming in U33, hopefully the handwrap fix too...  but since the original question was "when will we see the monk update?" to which Jerry replied U33 on lama next week, I am going to assume at the monk update is there, and maybe the wrap fix too... which I am fully prepared for them to say "all of you wraps are junk now" go farm for the  new ones...

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:23pm:
I am fully prepared for them to say "all of you wraps are junk now" go farm for the  new ones...

They will say this regardless. For all gear. They've been saying it constantly. It's basically their whole theory of game design.

That and "Slap an extra 100k-400k hitpoints on a rat; call it epic".

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:23pm:
[...] I am fully prepared for them to say "all of you wraps are junk now" go farm for the  new ones...

They are kinda sorta saying that all your wraps will still be useful.  Take that with whatever grain of salt you like.

They still have bugs from U32, you can't melt anything that doesn't have a scaling effect.  You'd think that this would be included in their emergency maintenance, but since it harms rather than hurts players nope.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #20 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:33pm:
They still have bugs from U32, you can't melt anything that doesn't have a scaling effect.  You'd think that this would be included in their emergency maintenance, but since it harms rather than hurts players nope.

That is coming in U33.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:51pm:
That is coming in U33.

That's kinda my point.  Updates should be just that, new and exciting stuff for the players.  Bug fixes should be ongoing, and wedged in wherever they thought a downtime was appropriate (and since they do downtime in the middle of the day, that would be any time).

I can see rolling bug fixes in with updates, if they are close together.  The two teams should not be stepping on each other after all and some modicum of version control needs to be maintained.  But this is Turbine we are talking about so who are we kidding with this discussion of version control and separate teams for bug removal and development?

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint