Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Limited Time! Shared Storage Upgrade 16 (Read 3511 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Limited Time! Shared Storage Upgrade 16
Oct 6th, 2016 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Just saw this in my email and haven't been home to log in and check - did they give us more storage?!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Limited Time! Shared Storage Upgrade 16
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
It's shared so not much use to me. Give me house k bank or inv and I'd buy it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2016 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
they added 40 additional slots to shared bank, buyable 10 at a time. I'll take what I can get!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Huh.

You'd think, with all the calls for more space across the many years, that there was some actual reason they hadn't been selling more space.  When you ask the barber if you need a haircut, he usually says 'yes' after all.  So my suspicious mind has to wonder why the sudden change?

With so many people screaming about storage space "take my money, please!" for so long with no response from Turbine, this is an odd departure from the status quo.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Turbine has no "status quo" they are all over the god-damn map. I feel like a lot of shit has to do with knee-jerk reactions to random shit. A bird poopls in Sev's coffee, and we get more storage space.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Oct 6th, 2016 at 8:38pm:
It's shared so not much use to me. Give me house k bank or inv and I'd buy it.

With all the BtA loot these days, shared bank is pretty useful, imo.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:23am:

Its definitely not as important as BtC storage(the need for which is DESPERATE), but an extra 40 slots of BtA storage will still relieve a ton of pressure. It's a lot better than them pointing and laughing at us when we beg for more storage.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
I have a lot fewer BtC items since new ran gen and CC.  I dumped all the old BtCoE stuff from level 21-26 that used to be useful in leveling.  The high road, druids, eGH, MoTU (outside of weapons).  A few things with value (backstabbers, avithoul, etc).  Also cleaned out all the old BtC stuff from 10-18 as the old heroic raid loot is crap now.  When am I ever wearing anything from VoD or Hound or Reavers Fate, for example.  Litany the quiver, and Shroud gear not withstanding, ofc.  ToD rings (outside of one or two exceptions) are mostly junk too.

Everything level 26 and up is mostly BtA.  How much of the Thunderholme and DoJ loot is even worth a damn?  Not much.  MoD has fared slightly better.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Torc, Marilith chain, Tharnes set, Ring of Lies.
I'd never toss those. I keep basically only raid or crafted loot.

Never bought any space upgrades except basic shared bank and now 250 crafting storage because of new crafting.
My rule is always have 30 inventory spaces free at all times, it's trickier rule to follow now but I manage.

People have just too much shit.
And why would Turdbine come up with better inventory management when people just buy all those upgrades without question ?
They don't have to do better.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:44pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 12:26pm:
Everything level 26 and up is mostly BtA.  How much of the Thunderholme and DoJ loot is even worth a damn?  Not much.  MoD has fared slightly better.   

Isn't the DoJ stuff even BtA? I'm using an Epic Light Unending right now that came out of my shared bank:P

I just have things I worked way too hard for to toss. If you spent dozens of hours grinding for an item, you can't throw it away. Turbin(and apparently Wipe Tongue) need to understand that.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:23am:

Yes but I am guessing that a new character slot mule still ends up being much cheaper than 10 new shared spots x4.

It's fucking hysterical to me that they finally got around to selling any type of storage spots mere weeks after they upped the House C crafting which enabled me to destroy a ton of BTC stuff that no longer was relevant. Seems like they should have offered this shit a month or 2 before the last update if they wanted to make $. I imagine most people with half a brain probably have a few less items in TR banks now than they did 2 months ago.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:24pm:
Yes but I am guessing that a new character slot mule still ends up being much cheaper than 10 new shared spots x4.

But so much less convenient.

A lot of us basically only play 1 main, alts are either tests builds, supporting/farming characters, or mules. But the added hassle of dragging shit over to a mule is just not worth the effort when you can just use that extra 170 slots for your main.

Its funny, I originally only bought the first 20 slots, and used to laugh at the idea of buying more. "HAHA, why should I buy more shared bank space when I have tons of mules?! I'll just make another mule!"

That got old so fucking fast...

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:11pm:
Isn't the DoJ stuff even BtA?

It is all BtC.  If you found a work-around, great, but it isn't working as intended.  I've parked the stuff in my rez cache and pulled it out many times with no hint that it could be shared banked, and since it is (was) good gear I'm sure that many other people have also.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:22pm:
It is all BtC.  If you found a work-around, great, but it isn't working as intended.  I've parked the stuff in my rez cache and pulled it out many times with no hint that it could be shared banked, and since it is (was) good gear I'm sure that many other people have also.

I must be confusing the raid loot with the flagging quest loot(which also tends to be pretty amazing). So no work around, sorry.

That's raid, the raid gear is all ML28, that explains why I never went after any of it.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
That shit is way too expensive for 10 more items.

Its about 1000tp thats like $1 per item...

fuck that.. can get a character slot for half the tp... and get.. what is it? 80 spaces? Fuck turbine..

Until its much much cheaper.. im not fucking with it

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:37pm:
That shit is way too expensive for 10 more items.

Its about 1000tp thats like $1 per item...

fuck that.. can get a character slot for half the tp... and get.. what is it? 80 spaces? Fuck turbine..

Until its much much cheaper.. im not fucking with it

And Turbine just put characters slots on sale for 25% off to run at the same time as the full price limited time offer shared bank space slots because Turbine. Seems someone with a clue would have been like lets put the character slots on sale next week that way we make more $ off the shared bank sales this week.....
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:29am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint