Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) u33 preview (Read 19523 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

u33 preview
Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479501-PSA-Live-Stream-previewed-U33-n...

https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream/v/93510962

Quote:
Handwraps rewritten as weapons, all existing wraps should convert automatically
Handwraps are now an exotic weapon feat, which is auto-granted to monk level 1
Monk abilities that let unarmed bypass DR now also add DR to handwraps as well
Monk Stances
Crit multiplier has moved from mountain stance to fire stance
Ocean stance increase dodge to 3/6/9/12%
Form Ki moves elemental damage now scales with melee power
Vorpal strike now works with wraps

Most additional damage provided by elemental strikes scale with melee power
All finishing moves that are melee attacks deal +1w
Fist of Light +1/2 W now
FOL +4D6 Light damage scales with Melee power
FOL vorpal scales with melee power
Fist of Darkness effects now scale with melee power
Gathering storm now 15%
Shining Star now wis dc based instead of cha
Healing ki now 1d4 per monk level
Moment of clarity bonuses now stack (was insight)

Nina Spy

New tier 5 called deadly striker, any weapon other than wraps or staff you get +1 competence bonus to crit threat range
Ninja Master now grants +1 competence bonus when centered to crit multiplier when using something other than wraps and quarterstaff
New Tier 2 action boost melee and ranged power
Each Ninjutsu ability now grants +1 hit and damage when centered and not using wraps or staff
Basic ninja training and advanced ninja training now applies to all weapons you are centered with
Ninja poison now scales with melee power
Poison darts now adds 1d8 stacks of ninja poison
Ninja master is now +2 Dex and Wis in addition comp bonus to crit thread and crit multiplier for all weapons other than staff and wraps
Poison exploit now does 1d10+10 per stack
Touch of death scales 200% melee power
Shadow double now 50 % instead of 100% but double duration
Combined stealthy and faster sneak are now 1 AP instead of 2
Subtlety moved to tier 1
Agility moved to where Subtlety was in the tree
Each tier of Ninjutsu now grants a passive to hit and damage with weapons other than wraps and staff
Each tier of Ninjutsu is now 1 AP

Shintao

Elemental Curatives now also grants +1 to hit and damage while centered and unarmed or with handwraps.
Reed in the Wind has been updated to match Kensei's stronger version: Damage is +1/2/3(w), and the cooldown has been reduced to 15 seconds.
Elemental Curatives are now 1AP.
Kukan-do's DC is now Wisdom based.
Iron Skin now works regardless of your chosen stance.
Violence Begets Violence now works regardless of your chosen stance.
To Seek Perfection now gives +4 Wisdom.
Touch the Void Dragon's buffs to Ability Scores now stack with everything.
All bonuses to Core Abilities that previously worked only against Tainted Creatures now work against everything.
Smite Tainted Creatures now works against all creatures, with an extra save needed for Tainted creatures.
Jade Strike now works against all creatures
Tomb of Jade now works against all creatures, with an extra save needed for Tainted creatures.
Rise of the Phoenix and Empty Hand have switched places in the tree. Rise of the Phoenix is no longer tied to Elemental Curatives.
Empty Hand Mastery is now a +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range and Multiplier when using handwraps.
Meditation of War's bonuses now stack with other effects.

Henshin Mystic

The package granted with each Core Ability no longer grants Spell Power and Spell Critical; instead they grant an equivalent amount of Melee Power.
Ki Bolt has its damage improved to Per Monk Level, instead of every 2 levels.
Sounding Staff no longer makes Staves implements, and instead provides +2 Ki per hit while wielding a staff, and the Quick Draw Feat.
Serenity's Wisdom bonus is now +4, no longer has Spell Power and Critical bonuses, and grants +25 Melee Power.
Elemental Words do +1(w) and give the enemy +2 stacks of Vulnerability on hit.
Quick Strike cooldown is now 18/15/12.
Void Strike now deals +3(w) damage, and its Force damage now scales with Melee Power.
Mystic Training is now one Action Point per level.
Focus' bonuses to hit and damage now stack with other sources.
Every Light Casts a Shadow is now +2(w), targets get 1d4 negative levels, and all nearby enemies get 1d2 negative levels immediately.

In all three trees, Elemental Ki strikes have been changed. Eagle Claw Attack now applies four stacks, and stacks to 15. Knock on the Sky reduces enemy physical damage by 4% per stack. Unbalancing Strike is now +3(w).

Epic Destinies:

Grandmaster of Flowers now grants handwrap proficiency in its first Core Ability

Feats:

Stunning Fist now specifically requires Handwraps to use.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Handwraps has been added. Monks get this proficiency at level 1.
Handwraps have been added to Feats that grant bonuses with Bludgeoning weapons.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: u33 preview
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
for the thrower..... wow. under zen archery it's getting holy sword for bow.

also, monk wolves should now break 20 second lama red test times.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
They should/could do a couple of things:

Make handwraps single hand weapons in order to promote thrower builds and promote melee builds;
Promote melee builds via enhance trees, since that is what Monks are supposed to be all about.

A smart pass could manage this, but Turbine isn't all that smart.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Fuckin' pissed about Stunning Fist! Feckin' wankers!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ninja master is now +2 Dex and Wis in addition comp bonus to crit thread and crit multiplier for all weapons other than staff and wraps

This makes no sense. Hand wraps use thread. No other weapon does. Crit "thread" must be broken.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
So, some fixes here, and general buffs, but nothing really strong. Still no WIS-to-dmg. Still no DC boost for QP. Still no fix to the cloth MRR cap. Interesting that jade stuff works on everything now. Pure melee monk still looks pretty meh though. Like, worse than pally.

Looking forward to seeing what they break  Cheesy

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:06pm:
Every Light Casts a Shadow is now +2(w), targets get 1d4 negative levels, and everyone else on the server gets 1d2 negative levels immediately.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Dunno, I'll try it I guess.  Got three bank bags full of interesting wraps.  Fire got marginally better.  The Jade stuff and Kukan is the obvious improvements.  So much for my Cha monk.   Grin

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Monk changes are good; but the most interesting bit was the Blood of Vol religion feat. Fingers crossed they actually paid attention to my Blackguard iconic suggestion a while back and we see something deity-feat based as a 3rd/4th tree for both Cleric and Favored Soul.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
So, is pure mlee monk a thing?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Didn't really see a capstone info, but I'd say it is quite plausible now.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 4:10pm:

At the loss of Slayer arrow.

also, monk wolves should now break 20 second lama red test times.

What am I missing?  Won't they have to give up Tempest Tier 5s?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
OMG I MIGHT LOGIN INTO THE GAME AGAIN

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

MookieBlaylock10
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
My god, can't fucking titan SHUT THE FUCK UP ever in the chat..

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 10:01pm
Print Post  

Considering how all the other ki centering abilities have worked in the game... don't hold your breath.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Looks like a missed opportunity. And the way they are forcing monks into melee and removing any other options is pretty heavy handed and unimaginative.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:02pm:
At the loss of Slayer arrow

to get holy sword treatment. yes. a pure 20 helf could grab slayer and take the ninja spy capstone. 20% less doubleshot for 2 threat/1 multi(or just 1 multi for manyshot). some scaling in poison damage now. few +1 hit/dmg bonuses.

Bigjunk wrote on Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:02pm:
What am I missing?  Won't they have to give up Tempest Tier 5s?

no. I meant due to elemental strikes and fist of light scaling with mp. poison does as well. all increasing dps rotation.   im pegging the monk wolf at 25~ seconds -fully geared and all melee past lives-. I dont have such a toon to test with. the new scaling should easily take off 5 seconds. very easily. in fact im sure it can break 20 after pass.

if you meant take out 1k cuts then probably should also be in DC. currently DC is worse on tests because dstrike tops out at 70 base. or 100 under 1k cut for 15 seconds. meaning dc only gave 100 dstrike uptime for an extra 45 seconds. but the melee power was far less than ld. and would drop a point every 3 seconds. at 25~ seconds that is a total of 8 less melee power over time combined with the 20 missing from ld fully stacked = 28.

if the build were to try meditation of war for another 10% off hand then letting go of 1k cuts is 50 less mp(20 short of ld's 70 and missing 30 from 1k cut). it still keeps 100 dstrike for 33 seconds. maybe 10% off hand is better than 50~ melee power?   
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:28am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

FlameDragon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 3:00am
Print Post  
That transcribe about U33 Monk Nijia Spy enhancement changes seems not accurate. Part of original U33 release notes about Nijia Spy enhancement changes is shown below.

Nijia Spy enhancement core 6 cap 'Ninja master' only grants +1 competence bonus Critical Multipliers to centered weapon (not including +1 competence bonus Critical Threat Range). Nijia Spy enhancement new T5 'Deadly Striker' grants +1 competence bonus Critical Threat Range to centered weapon.

You can not choose other class enhancement T5 if taking Nijia Spy enhancement new T5 'Deadly Striker' already.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #18 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Is Fist of Light healing you 1d2 hp going away or wtf?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 10:40am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 4:46am:
Is Fist of Light healing you 1d2 hp going away or wtf?

i dont know. going to assume yes since it was positive damage and not light. light makes it better vs other monsters anyway. and it scales, as will the vorpal portion.

IP Logged

apparently bored
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:04am:
to get holy sword treatment. yes. a pure 20 helf could grab slayer and take the ninja spy capstone. 20% less doubleshot for 2 threat/1 multi(or just 1 multi for manyshot). some scaling in poison damage now. few +1 hit/dmg

41 ninja
32 AA
14 racial
87ap?

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #21 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 11:58am
Print Post  
i hold a contrary opinion- this shit sucks

anyone demanding green steel handwraps yet lets get on that socks and paladins please
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:01pm by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Best thing about update is Henshin Mystic melee power. Too bad forum tards will get it nerfed.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
apparently bored wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 11:41am:
41 ninja
32 AA
14 racial
87ap?

that seems terrible.  then it's only a slight increase for throwers in ninja poison and poison exploits.  1 ap per ninjutsu tier for +1 hit/dmg each.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 1:04am:
to get holy sword treatment. yes. a pure 20 helf could grab slayer and take the ninja spy capstone. 20% less doubleshot for 2 threat/1 multi(or just 1 multi for manyshot). some scaling in poison damage now. few +1 hit/dmg bonuses.

The Elf AA crit profile is still broken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint