Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) u33 preview (Read 19530 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: u33 preview
Reply #25 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Looks like right direction but not enough on the surface.

I have an idea brewing though.

How finalized are these changes?
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:24pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:21pm:
Looks like right direction but not enough on the surface.

I have an idea brewing though.

How finalized are these changes?

With Turbine? looking at their track record of the last year I would say it's already set in stone. Not big fans of feedback these days.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
By the way have you seen the deity feats? I starting to try and work out a maul user, it may be time to take the giant's fist out of storage.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:46pm by »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
it may be time to take the giant's fist out of storage.

Mine's just a hairy trumpet.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
By the way have you seen the deity feats? I starting to try and work out a maul user, it may be time to take the giant's fist out of storage.

A.K.A your mom's dildo?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Elf AA crit profile is still broken.

shadow arrows. the cap works though and elemental imbues still function.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 1:58am
Print Post  
If I'm not mistaken the changes to Ninja Spy (based on these notes: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479530-U33-complete-release-notes-(Dei...)

Tier 5 Deadly Striker gives +2 Competence to Threat range.
Capstone Gives another +1 or maybe +2 Crit Multiplier (it's confusingly written).

Ever since Cordo listed my "Just one thing" request to fix throwing multipliers in his recap, and now with these changes, I actually think they are going to fix them.

The most interesting thing about that, will be bards with Shuriken Expertise in Fury throwing 15-20x3 shurikens. Now that 10k is only like 50-70% doubleshot for most builds, the RoF isn't much lower, and the Bard can still Manyshot with a bow if they want, tho with x3 Shurikens it shouldn't be necessary. Also, exploit weakness is amazing with a high RoF.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 1:58am:
I actually think they are going to fix them.

I wouldn't hold your breath.  Being Turbine chances are better that they will go live with the Ninja crit buffs not working for throwing weapons and ignore it the same way they have with Bards. Or they will have a method for it to work for Ninja's but not back-track and fix bards. I mean I do hope I'm wrong but that's how I would bet.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #33 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
I wouldn't hold your breath.  Being Turbine chances are better that they will go live with the Ninja crit buffs not working for throwing weapons and ignore it the same way they have with Bards. Or they will have a method for it to work for Ninja's but not back-track and fix bards. I mean I do hope I'm wrong but that's how I would bet.

This.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 5:58pm:

and the most infuriating part of that is whenever a thread pops up about it, the devs just ignore it. not even a reply. swash has been out for like 2 years?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 10:01pm:
and the most infuriating part of that is whenever a thread pops up about it, the devs just ignore it. not even a reply. swash has been out for like 2 years?

Too hard basket.
Move along.

Sad

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #36 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 2:48am
Print Post  
"Handwraps rewritten as weapons, all existing wraps should convert automatically"

I always get the shivers when I read a SHOULD from turdbin.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 2:53am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 2:48am:
"Handwraps rewritten as weapons, all existing wraps should convert automatically"

I always get the shivers when I read a SHOULD from turdbin.

They say should because they did no testing...

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:47am
Print Post  
I'm sure this will have no unforeseen effects on collars, either. Because Turbine is known for paying attention to exactly these kinds of details.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #39 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:53am
Print Post  
The problem with the dev's at Turbine is they have been fumbling around in the dark like a virgin on their wedding night for over ten years now, and they still haven't found the right hole.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Oxidizer
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #40 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:53am:
The problem with the dev's at Turbine is they have been fumbling around in the dark like a virgin on their wedding night for over ten years now, and they still haven't found the right hole.

Yet they still manage to fuck the playerbase right in the arse every god damn time......

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:53am:

Your mistake is assuming they are actively looking for a hole. 

It's more likely they're curled up in the fetal position in a corner crying because they're scared of the dark.

IP Logged

HernandoCortez
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
I'm too lazy to try and understand these changes, I only have one pure monk and dislike all monk variants. To make it simple: are they OP now? Should I think of TRing my monk?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 10:01pm:

30 months.  And you are totally right, if you bring it up in ddochat, or in the developer events on lamma you get blocked, the consistency of their avoidance of the swash issue is so rock solid that there is little question it is a directive from the top down.

So Ninja?  I'm very curious to see what happens.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 5:09pm:
bring it up in ddochat, or in the developer events on lamma you get blocked

theyre petty as fuck. why not at least give your customers the standard turbine responses : "read by a de3v". Or some excuse like, we cant get to it right now. the silence makes people think that they looked at it and saw that it is too much work for one fix and they wont ever pay anyone to fix it.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 7:14pm:
the silence makes people think that they looked at it and saw that it is too much work for one fix and they wont ever pay anyone to fix it.

Which is pretty much how it is?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
What's the ETA on U33? Am thinking of converting my main over to Monk.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Based on the text and the DDOstream, I'm going to give U33 a pass as being in general a good thing.  I see no nerfs, other than possibly Fist of Light heals, and potential nerfs for the conversion of handwraps to weapons.

On the plus side, Monks get a clear boost (again, unless the handwraps conversion is for crap), they have added some interesting options for divines even if I don't think they will  bridge the gap to competitively playable.  Any scrap is a good scrap, I guess.  What is interesting is that when asked in chat Cordovan didn't affirm that this was the Monk class pass.  Who knows if that was him being stupid, or if further Monk work is pending.  Hopefully this will not count in any way as a divine pass...

And Cordovan claims that they did a "general typo pass" and corrected dozens of typos, which is something I have thought was long overdue, and both a QOL patch and also a "we have the minimum amount of pride in our work toy remain amongst the living" patch.  It was probably only sparked by Lynabell's internship and her efforts making similar typo corrections before she left, but I don't care what brought about the sudden interest in fixing years old errors, I'm just glad they finally decided to spend 8 hours of dev time getting them done.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:39am:
Based on the text and the DDOstream, I'm going to give U33 a pass as being in general a good thing.  I see no nerfs, other than possibly Fist of Light heals, and potential nerfs for the conversion of handwraps to weapons.

On the plus side, Monks get a clear boost (again, unless the handwraps conversion is for crap), they have added some interesting options for divines even if I don't think they will  bridge the gap to competitively playable.  Any scrap is a good scrap, I guess.  What is interesting is that when asked in chat Cordovan didn't affirm that this was the Monk class pass.  Who knows if that was him being stupid, or if further Monk work is pending.  Hopefully this will not count in any way as a divine pass...

And Cordovan claims that they did a "general typo pass" and corrected dozens of typos, which is something I have thought was long overdue, and both a QOL patch and also a "we have the minimum amount of pride in our work toy remain amongst the living" patch.  It was probably only sparked by Lynabell's internship and her efforts making similar typo corrections before she left, but I don't care what brought about the sudden interest in fixing years old errors, I'm just glad they finally decided to spend 8 hours of dev time getting them done.

What's more telling is if they claim spelling error corrections as part of a pass, and not just do it because it is amateurish to leave them.

Turbine - lowering the bar of expectation every day!   Smiley

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:37am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:14am:
What's more telling is if they claim spelling error corrections as part of a pass, and not just do it because it is amateurish to leave them.

Turbine - lowering the bar of expectation every day!   Smiley

Agreed.  Cordovan's list only listed one such error correction, it was in his chat that he claimed that there had been a "general typo pass."  And he further claimed that he only listed one example even though there were "dozens" of typo fixes.  Perhaps he isn't terribly proud of the fact that those typos have lived on for years without any effort being made for correct them?  I certainly think very poorly of Turbine when I see these facts, and I'd hope that many pothers would also think poorly of them for ignoring such easy to fix issues which said so much about their lack of quality control and customer support.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint