Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) u33 preview (Read 19748 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: u33 preview
Reply #50 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:55am
Print Post  
On a side note, rune arm charge sound may come back some time too...or not, if I understood cordoban's words...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479507-Rune-arm-charge-sound-II

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #51 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:37am:
Perhaps he isn't terribly proud of the fact that those typos have lived on for years without any effort being made for correct them?  I certainly think very poorly of Turbine when I see these facts, and I'd hope that many pothers would also think poorly of them for ignoring such easy to fix issues which said so much about their lack of quality control and customer support.

Do you realize how easy you make this?

Moron.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:45pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:37am:
Agreed.  Cordovan's list only listed one such error correction, it was in his chat that he claimed that there had been a "general typo pass." And he further claimed that he only listed one example even though there were "dozens" of typo fixes.  Perhaps he isn't terribly proud of the fact that those typos have lived on for years without any effort being made to correct them?  I certainly think very poorly of Turbine when I see these facts, and I'd hoped that many others would also think poorly of them for ignoring such easy-to-fix issues which say so much about their lack of quality control and customer support.

Digimonk wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 8:45pm:
Do you realize how easy you make this?

Moron.

That's my job, bitch!

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #53 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:46am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:55pm:
That's my job, bitch!

http://i.imgur.com/vhxM1gG.jpg

lol

I was saving those others for after he offered up the inevitable excuse for the first one.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #54 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:39am:
What is interesting is that when asked in chat Cordovan didn't affirm that this was the Monk class pass.  Who knows if that was him being stupid, or if further Monk work is pending.

They don't tell him anything, because why bother?

Also, he doesn't tell them anything that happens on the MoBo, even if it's info the devs have come specifically looking for.

I think there's a lot of quid-nor-quo. "Why Bother?" is kinda their corporate motto.

Frank wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:39am:
It was probably only sparked by Lynabell's internship and her efforts making similar typo corrections before she left, but I don't care what brought about the sudden interest in fixing years old errors, I'm just glad they finally decided to spend 8 hours of dev time getting them done.

It seems more likely the remainder of work she'd done. Does anyone know what her official intern tasks were? Was her slack-off time not even tangentially related, or was she actually there to fix different, less-front-facing bugs? I mean, they obviously didn't have to elevate her privileges or anything. Otherwise the typos just would've stayed.

Maybe I'm wondering because they've done more polish-related fixes recently than I've ... ever ... seen. (We'd probably be able to notice them better if they weren't introduced side-by-side with shit like new typos & optionals accidentally adding to ransack.)

It's generally harder to notice when something stops bothering you than it is to notice when it starts. I was on a mule last week and the bank window just closed itself three seconds after opening. It reminded me: Wait, that shit used to happen every time! Buttloads of tiny irritating crap like that remain, but a surprising number (read: more than zero) of actual QoL bugs have been fixed. Not that it's wise to be fair to Turbine (because they usually just take that sort of thing and use it to screw you), but I like this trend better than the old one.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Oct 9th, 2016 at 5:58pm:
I wouldn't hold your breath.  Being Turbine chances are better that they will go live with the Ninja crit buffs not working for throwing weapons and ignore it the same way they have with Bards. Or they will have a method for it to work for Ninja's but not back-track and fix bards. I mean I do hope I'm wrong but that's how I would bet.

Anyone test the ninja chucking crits yet? 

(I'm curious but cant be bothered to download and log on!  Grin Grin Grin)

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 1:24am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 9:46pm:
Anyone test the ninja chucking crits yet? 

(I'm curious but cant be bothered to download and log on!  Grin Grin Grin)

The threat range works, but the tool tips don't show correctly.

The Bad news is that the throwing weapon crit multiplier buff does not work. Tested it for about 3 hours with a variety of weapons and it is just as busted as the Swashbucklers crit multiplier.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #57 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
The threat range works, but the tool tips don't show correctly.

The Bad news is that the throwing weapon crit multiplier buff does not work. Tested it for about 3 hours with a variety of weapons and it is just as busted as the Swashbucklers crit multiplier.

WAE.

working as expected

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
What a huge screw up.

IP Logged

tapster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
What if you took Kensai focus on shuris and strike with no thought. Do you get the crit multi then?

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #60 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
The +1 crit multi to all weapons from strike with no thought shows on weapon inspection with shuri. But it doesn't actually work on shuri.

Im not sure what's up with the Kobolds in the dojo. When I throw one shuri it's hitting 5 times and the weapon damage is way off (almost like the the henshin MP is boosting shuri?)

Hen MP boosts are nasty on my centered khope TWF. Should be redonkulous on a tempest (short sword) blend.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
^this, seems Turbine is just going to list the crit multipliers on various builds instead of actually making them work.

Sigh.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Seems like they do not want it fixed.  Why not just remove it from the tool tips then?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #63 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm:
Seems like they do not want it fixed.  Why not just remove it from the tool tips then?

But that would provide a less infuriating player experience.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #64 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
^this, seems Turbine is just going to list the crit multipliers on various builds instead of actually making them work.

Sigh.

WAI all the new stuff that's broken on shuri and wraps, works great on a centered kensai with khopes using dex to hit/damage.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 8:06am
Print Post  
What they need to add now is MORE options for handwraps, LGS, heroic GS, new named ones, with unique effects, something like mortal fear (doesn't have to be that powerful) that will make you swap weapons or think about choices...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 4:29pm:
Hen MP boosts

best payoff for 6 ap in entire game is 20 mp.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #67 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Im going with 11-12pts for 30MP, I think.
That get's you the quick draw feat as well.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:46am:
lol

I was saving those others for after he offered up the inevitable excuse for the first one.

Oh, my poor little Mookie...  Why would I offer up an excuse for a typo?  Or even a few typos?  They hapoppen.

But you got Daddy's attention again!  You're such a goood little Mookie!  I am very, very prouds of your efforts in stalking my posts and poiting out all of my error.  You just keep plugging away, littlew guy!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:20pm:
It seems more likely the remainder of work she'd done. Does anyone know what her official intern tasks were? Was her slack-off time not even tangentially related, or was she actually there to fix different, less-front-facing bugs?

She stated that she was stuck on a programming problem and that was what sparked her post on the forums asking for simple fixes.  Things she could do fast while letting her hindbrain work on the issue she had hit a wall on.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:47am:
best payoff for 6 ap in entire game is 20 mp.

nice.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #71 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:10am:
She stated that she was stuck on a programming problem and that was what sparked her post on the forums asking for simple fixes.  Things she could do fast while letting her hindbrain work on the issue she had hit a wall on.

So no, you don't know. Thanks for making it take up two sentences instead of two letters.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #72 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:10am:
Oh, my poor little Mookie...  Why would I offer up an excuse for a typo?  Or even a few typos?  They hapoppen.

But you got Daddy's attention again!  You're such a goood little Mookie!  I am very, very prouds of your efforts in stalking my posts and poiting out all of my error.  You just keep plugging away, littlew guy!

You make a post full of typos and grammatical errors while trying to make fun of Turbine's typos.   You essentially just put yourself on Turbine's level. Actually, I guess you'd be below Turbine since they at least don't try to make fun of others for typos.

First you proved KNN was better than you.  Then you proved Fran was better than you.  Now you've proved Turbine is better than you.  Damn dude.  Is it even possible to go any lower?

Good to see you're still copycatting Grand et al.  Guess you really can't think of anything original on your own eh?  So sad.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:17am:
You make a post full of typos and grammatical errors while trying to make fun of Turbine's typos.   You essentially just put yourself on Turbine's level. Actually, I guess you'd be below Turbine since they at least don't try to make fun of others for typos.

First you proved KNN was better than you.  Then you proved Fran was better than you.  Now you've proved Turbine is better than you.  Damn dude.  Is it even possible to go any lower?

Good to see you're still copycatting Grand et al.  Guess you really can't think of anything original on your own eh?  So sad.

I am so very proud of my little Mookie!

Feel so very free to haunt mu posts to correct my spelling and grammar.  You earned that role!
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:30am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #74 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:20am:
I am so very proud of my little Mookie!

Feel so very free to haunt mu posts to correct my spelling and grammar.  You earned that role!

Turbine | KNN | Fran > Fran(k)
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 11:13am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint