Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Reaper mode made easy? (Read 15031 times)
SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Re: Reaper mode made easy?
Reply #25 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 4:10am:
...or a cosmetic armor that's fucking symmetrical.

Preach it!

What is up with their artists and those stupid one-sided shoulder humps?

That's the entire reason I wear light Shadowscale instead of Medium.

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 7:37am:
Unless the reward matches the mode, what is the fucking point of even doing it .......

Because it's fun and interesting?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:00am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 9:11am:
So every mob is a champion and blanket immunities everywhere? Fun. Basically go (broken) ranged or not bother trying?

Didn't seem like blanket immunities to me, not with all that CC that was landing.

It did seem like it wasn't terribly more difficult, unless perhaps your group didn't have any CC at all in it.  Ranged CC, that is.  I'm not sure a Druid could survive to get in the middle of a bunch of Reaper melees and drop an Earthquake, for example.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:02am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #28 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 9:09pm:
Because it's fun and interesting?

Interesting?   none of it was at all.   All auto-scaling and nothing but Champions.

Fun? yes, some stuff definitely was and this has the potential to breath life into some old content. 10 Skull Chronoscope was a blast.  Other quests were frustrating and retarded.

There's just not gonna be any replay value if it doesn't pay.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Reaper needs to be non-soloable and very difficult for a quality group with top of the line gear in good destines.  By very difficult, I mean there is a high chance of failing the quest.  Use no-reentry and death timers to limit the ability to just endlessly raise or recall to repait/refill mana.  Also bring back the 1 completion per day per quest.  To limit re-running the most time/xp/reward efficient ones repeatedly. 

Reaper also needs to model after old epics and offer a long term reward system that does not necessarily add power.  An example would be the ability to get X reward each time you run.  You can turn in 20x for an LR heart.  You can turn in 40 for an LR Heart +1.  You can turn in 80 for an LR Heart +3.  LR Hearts don't necessarily add to character power.  Just flexibility in changing builds. 

Throw in a clicky of teleport (public areas only), a clicky of guild portal, a few cool cosmetcs that are unique, and something cosmetic that you can ONLY get from a favor style vendor when you have 10 skulled 5,000 favor worth of quests.  On a single life.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:50am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #30 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:48am:
Reaper needs to be non-soloable and very difficult for a quality group with top of the line gear in good destines.  By very difficult, I mean there is a high chance of failing the quest.  Use no-reentry and death timers to limit the ability to just endlessly raise or recall to repait/refill mana.  Also bring back the 1 completion per day per quest.  To limit re-running the most time/xp/reward efficient ones repeatedly. 

Reaper also needs to model after old epics and offer a long term reward system that does not necessarily add power.  An example would be the ability to get X reward each time you run.  You can turn in 20x for an LR heart.  You can turn in 40 for an LR Heart +1.  You can turn in 80 for an LR Heart +3.  LR Hearts don't necessarily add to character power.  Just flexibility in changing builds. 

Throw in a clicky of teleport (public areas only), a clicky of guild portal, a few cool cosmetcs that are unique, and something cosmetic that you can ONLY get from a favor style vendor when you have 10 skulled 5,000 favor worth of quests.  On a single life.

Those are some great ideas, but we can't get them to put half that effort into things 50% of the population uses, how likely are they to put it into something 5% of the population will use? The hearts are genius, though, they would make far more in sales of tomes and spell point potions than they would lose in lost store sales of hearts, if only they were bright enough for enlightened self interest.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:13am
Print Post  
The fact they are even burning brain cells on the concept of reaper mode tells me more then I want to know about the devs anymore.

Years ago when crystal cove was added the challenge system showed itself full of promise. Maps with variables to keep the players actively looking for the way to go, change up mob types and spawn locations and ambush spawns all worked to keep players on their toes.

The house c challenges while a bit hit or miss and the gear not really BiS and the whole wilderness area raid issue certainly added some more hate to challenges but IMO all content should of been remodeled into a challenge format with levels ranging from 1 to 100 for plenty of extra challenge room. All named rewards and their upgrade components could be put at a vendor and all content reward tokens to be collected.

But these difficulty settings as they are now only divide and only foster drama.

The game has all it needs within it still to be great even within the flawed foundation is potential. There needs to be no DDO 2 to give us all an amazing game just the will to give it to is and trust in consumers with good taste choosing them over the fast food option.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:30am
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 7:47pm:
Preach it!

What is up with their artists and those stupid one-sided shoulder humps?

That's the entire reason I wear light Shadowscale instead of Medium.

You know valley girl I used to like your style and attitude. Back in the cleric tied to a chair thread you swung hard for the right of the divine to play warrior rather then healer.

But you do know that wandering mercenary types rarely had full sets of complete customade for them plate right? Not to mention that actually many armors use asymmetric design for functional reasons.

Reinforcing the left shoulder with thicker plate and adding ridges that obscure the left side of the face and neck are not at all unheard of modifications on plate actually used in battle rather then ceremonially which those pristine suits you see so often depicted typically where.

The 2nd ed fighters handbook for D&D explained armor damage and using piece mail when armor became damaged beyond repair. If you played with those rules it was very common to be wearing quite the chimeric montage of armor types by the time one got back to a bastion of civilization and a good armorer.

Personally I find it sad we don't have an in game design our own armor option like games more then ten years old have had including nwn2.

But this tude of yours about the armor has pushed a button of mine valley girl. Its a fantasy world it shouldn't even have clothing or armor designs we find familiar. The realms sure but not eberoni.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #33 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:01am:
Those are some great ideas, but we can't get them to put half that effort into things 50% of the population uses, how likely are they to put it into something 5% of the population will use? The hearts are genius, though, they would make far more in sales of tomes and spell point potions than they would lose in lost store sales of hearts, if only they were bright enough for enlightened self interest.

Less than 20% of the game population runs raids.  And they still make those.  That they are even doing a reaper mode suggests they are developing something for a small minority of the game population.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #34 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:35am:
Less than 20% of the game population runs raids.  And they still make those.  That they are even doing a reaper mode suggests they are developing something for a small minority of the game population. 

Wow, I knew raids weren't the be-all end-all some make them out to be, but less than 20%? Is that < 20% of the players run raids, or < 20% of the quests run are raids?

But anyway, I'm glad to hear they are working on it and hope it comes to pass. Not that I'll ever bother, most likely, but because it provides a way to give the top end players some serious challenge without having to screw over the main content that I *do* run.

This game has room for everyone, this is a great opportunity for them to switch from their normal mode of alternating halves of the population to screw to doing something that pleases a few without harming the rest.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:35am:
Less than 20% of the game population runs raids.

Source?  I'm fairly certain Turbine isn't posting any stats, so this sounds like something you either read somewhere that was invented or something you've invented yourself.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
Source?  I'm fairly certain Turbine isn't posting any stats, so this sounds like something you either read somewhere that was invented or something you've invented yourself.

Truthiness.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 10:48am:
LR Hearts don't necessarily add to character power. 

Hahahah!

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #38 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:30am:
You know valley girl I used to like your style and attitude. Back in the cleric tied to a chair thread you swung hard for the right of the divine to play warrior rather then healer.

But you do know that wandering mercenary types rarely had full sets of complete customade for them plate right? Not to mention that actually many armors use asymmetric design for functional reasons.

Reinforcing the left shoulder with thicker plate and adding ridges that obscure the left side of the face and neck are not at all unheard of modifications on plate actually used in battle rather then ceremonially which those pristine suits you see so often depicted typically where.

The 2nd ed fighters handbook for D&D explained armor damage and using piece mail when armor became damaged beyond repair. If you played with those rules it was very common to be wearing quite the chimeric montage of armor types by the time one got back to a bastion of civilization and a good armorer.

Personally I find it sad we don't have an in game design our own armor option like games more then ten years old have had including nwn2.

But this tude of yours about the armor has pushed a button of mine valley girl. Its a fantasy world it shouldn't even have clothing or armor designs we find familiar. The realms sure but not eberoni.

Ah yes, the old "buht ebburrun!" defence. Godawful looking stuff.

I like your idea of implementing the piecemeal armor rules, though. We could degrade all the assymetrical armor to 1 step lower for defence and keep the penalties for heavier armor.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #39 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:02pm:

I believe 50% of the population is still casuals that quit or reroll by lvl 10. So saying 80% don't raid sounds optimistic.

IP Logged

hog
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 1:49am
Print Post  
attention before you try reading this,you must know that really bad english is following
well
before years destroyd clerics and no ones want to play clerics
now its the time of wizards to die
before some days i was speaking with some m8s and i sayd,hey i like to play only wizard ,i play only wizard from 2006 but i have 45 spells ready on spell book and i can use only 4-5 instant death spells,and its not my choose cause and if i want to use cc or somethink else i dont have the time, the mob will die very fast before even i land my disco
now i read this one,wizards go even worst,i cant even use those 4-5 spells,cause all the mobs have imunitys,so the only way is to use 2-3 spells disco hold person (yes i can use again those 2)and prismatic lol
so turbine have gave to everyone self heal to dont need clerics,gave to everyone full reflexes and prr so no ones need a roque and now destroying one more class,wizards,so they drop out of the game the players who liked those classes
cause turbine have make all the high players and the most on ddo is old high players,to kill everythink in seconds,now trying to change this giving to the mobs more hp and imunitys,this is not the meaning
want to make the game more chalenge?make it dont destroy the game,take back the self heal from the most classes with this idiot fucking destinys heal so you will atract back clerics on game,dont fucking make the traps so easy so anyone with reflexes or prr can pass,make the traps only for the roques,and also for insta kills really dont give to the wizards the option to play only with 2 cc spells,you have fucked up the game and the saves on instant death is so low?go higher the saves of the mobs so half or more of them can survive,or make the wizards to use first negative level to them or the old cloud kill spell,but dont destroy the necromancy school
at the end i can see only warlocks playing the game and ranger builds,cause even the fighters barbs or others with out wizards left to hold with cc the mobs they will drop also

for the most of you propably im tottaly wrong,but wizards propably can understand me,clerics and roques also

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
take back the self heal from the most classes with this idiot fucking destinys heal so you will atract back clerics on game,dont fucking make the traps so easy so anyone with reflexes or prr can pass,make the traps only for the roques

Brilliant!  Because what could be better than waiting an hour for a cleric to join your group?  Oh, right:  Waiting two hours for a cleric and a rogue to join your group.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 6:30am
Print Post  
i m wondering what it means that all classes got full reflexes (so they dont need rogues).

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #43 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 6:00am:
Brilliant!  Because what could be better than waiting an hour for a cleric to join your group?  Oh, right:  Waiting two hours for a cleric and a rogue to join your group.

At least mechanic crossbow builds and throwers are pretty popular.  Back in the day rogues were so gimp it was difficult to find one and a decent number were str assassin builds with weak trapping.   It's more rare to not have a rogue in party these days

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 6:00am:

Int based cleric/rogue lfg, pay me 10 AS to join!

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #45 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I have one of those!

Well, actually I finally TRed him, he was a bank bot on my mule account who managed to get to 20 by coming into quests when my inventory was full and I didn't want to dump stuff  Cheesy

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 7:27am:
It's more rare to not have a rogue in party these days

ftfy

Quote:

Sounds like an Arti with full ranks in wand and scroll mastery.

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2016 at 4:06pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #47 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:59pm:
ftfy

Speak for yourself.  I run in full parties all the time.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 1:50am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:06pm:
Speak for yourself.  I run in full parties all the time.

Great for you I guess, but less than 20% of DDO players run in groups.  Right?  At least I think that's how citing usage figures is supposed to work around here.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #49 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 1:50am:
Great for you I guess, but less than 20% of DDO players run in groups.  Right?  At least I think that's how citing usage figures is supposed to work around here.

Don't forget good old Sod's Law!

I've found that if I'm not playing a trapper and unable/unwilling to pay AS or TP for a Rogue Hireling I've got literally a 5% chance of getting a trapper to join my Group.
Whereas if I am playing a trapper or have called said Rogue Hireling I just spent AS or TP on I have a 95% chance of having a trapper join.

I also recently did some levelling of my ignored for months if not years Clerics across servers.
And having not seen a Cleric in game for months suddenly 1-3 clerics were joining every group I put up!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint