Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Reaper mode made easy? (Read 15029 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: Reaper mode made easy?
Reply #50 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I don't recall the numbers but devs have let similar facts about raids and other data slip during heated debates with members of ML. They don't "publish" this stuff, no, but they do let it slip out to make a point sometimes. Or did.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:09am:
I don't recall the numbers but devs have let similar facts about raids and other data slip during heated debates with members of ML. They don't "publish" this stuff, no, but they do let it slip out to make a point sometimes. Or did.

Yeah, total asshat method for debate Vagouille was a constant practitioner of this type of ashattery: "Oh well you guys don't know what our data shows.... so....."

Cunt.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:31pm:
Yeah, total asshat method for debate Vagouille was a constant practitioner of this type of ashattery: "Oh well you guys don't know what our data shows.... so....."

Cunt. 

Damn.  That kind of "I'm right because I have access to $uper$ecret information that you can't see" BS is just that:  Bullshit of the smelliest degree. 

It's like Trump claiming he knows more about ISIS than "the generals" and that he'll eliminate ISIS post haste once he is in office.  And then he later says that he is willing to listen to suggestions from "the generals" and will implement any good plan against ISIS.  Yeah, if your plan was so awesome Trump, then why the fuck are you soliciting good plans from the imbeciles you know so much more than?

I'm sure that Celebrity Apprentice was an excellent training venue for Trump's anti-ISIS plans:

Trump: "Ok, Mohammad and Abdul, here on Jihadi Apprentice today you're going to be competing for 70 virgins in paradise.  Go show us what you can do!"
*two muffled explosions later*
Trump: "See?  That's how you get rid of ISIS!"

Intern: "Um, Mr. Trump?  Mohammad killed 47 soldiers and destroyed large portions of a military camp.  Abdul killed 103 civilians in a shopping mall and caused millions of dollars of damage."
Trump: "Don't bore me with the *sniiiifffff* details, I have the best *sniiiifffff* plans, the very best, and *sniiiifffff* they are the best and the bestiest best plans of all time.  *sniiiifffff*  The best."

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

spyder
Korthos Resident

I Hate People!

Reply #53 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 2:34pm:
and do what?   Nuke with a 90% reduction in damage?

You're a hold-bot now, own it.

So for arcane casters its a return to the old epics when everything had deathward.  Buff, haste and hold.  That's just great.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #54 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
spyder wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 2:27pm:
So for arcane casters its a return to the old epics when everything had deathward.  Buff, haste and hold.  That's just great.

I'd like to see what tweaks they make after this first pass.  Clearly the ranged damage was off (in the wrong direction).  I doubt they can allow insta-kills for challenge's sake.  I'd like to hear a compelling argument for wail, Fod and Hurl being usable but not OP, but I struggle with finding one.

That said, the DC caster should have more tricks up their sleeve than that.  Hopefully they get the spell damage correct such that nuking and DC-helpless nuking are viable paths for casters.  Without being OP.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #55 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 2:50pm:
I'd like to hear a compelling argument for wail, Fod and Hurl being usable but not OP, but I struggle with finding one.

Increase number of mobs by 20x.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 2:50pm:
I'd like to hear a compelling argument for wail, Fod and Hurl being usable but not OP, but I struggle with finding one.

Examine them for what they do:  They offer a quick kill of a non-red, non-immune, non-boss opponent.

There are so many other things in the game which do the same exact thing, not in theory but in actual practice.  To exclude these spells is just simply foolish and short sighted.

FoD cooldown 8 or 6 seconds.
Wail cooldown 60 seconds.
Hurl cooldown 25 seconds.

What other boogymen are you afraid of?
Implosion cooldown 60 seconds.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint