Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic arcane pulse and master of knowledge (Read 3777 times)
hog
Ex Member

arcane pulse and master of knowledge
Oct 14th, 2016 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
does master of knowledge work with arcane pulse?
description says arcane bolt and 'arcane blasts spells' does arcane pulse cound as arcane blast spell?if yes its very intresting

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: arcane pulse and master of knowledge
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
no

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Master of knowledge is underwhelming.   It needs to last longer per stack.. about double the time.. as of now it barely lasts even casting the entire standard cycle of archmage stuff. I beleive a stack lasts like 2 seconds or something stupid

It is no where near the potency of the other "masters of" which usually about double the damage of your 2-3 main spells
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:36pm by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:35pm:
Master of knowledge is underwhelming.   It needs to last longer per stack.. about double the time.. as of now it barely lasts even casting the entire standard cycle of archmage stuff. I beleive a stack lasts like 2 seconds or something stupid

It is no where near the potency of the other "masters of" which usually about double the damage of your 2-3 main spells

Its really strong on shiradi crit build when you get the stacks .. but i agree they could stay a little bit longer. And also che counter should be fixed. My counter sometimes says  crazy things like 28 stacks/ 30 sec duration and then 15 stacks/1 sec duration a second later Shocked

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Petik wrote on Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:40pm:
Its really strong on shiradi crit build when you get the stacks .. but i agree they could stay a little bit longer. And also che counter should be fixed. My counter sometimes says  crazy things like 28 stacks/ 30 sec duration and then 15 stacks/1 sec duration a second later Shocked

Sounds like its broken.. I played around with it for a while and in terms of what its adding i..e the 20-30 spell power it never stayed up long enough for me to make a difference... as compared to my opinion of the other Master of Fates which add a substantial bonus.. Just my opinion based on what it does.. not accounting for shiradi etc

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 3:40pm:
Sounds like its broken.. I played around with it for a while and in terms of what its adding i..e the 20-30 spell power it never stayed up long enough for me to make a difference... as compared to my opinion of the other Master of Fates which add a substantial bonus.. Just my opinion based on what it does.. not accounting for shiradi etc

Yeah atleast the counter icon is broken. But if you can keep it stacked up to max stacks then its really strong for some builds. At 30 stacks its +90 universal spellpower and +60 spellcrit damage for all you spells and thats pretty strong for 1 feat IMHO.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I've dropped Master of Knowledge on my shiradi.  Despite the fact it is VERY effective at full stacks, it makes you use two shit SLAs in your rotation and can be difficult to keep stacked in open quests even if you are breaking boxes with Arcane Blast.

Use Burst or Glacial Wrath or Intensify Spell instead (or both).
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:34am by DoRayEgon »  

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 6:57am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 10:33am:
I've dropped Master of Knowledge on my shiradi.  Despite the fact it is VERY effective at full stacks, it makes you use two shit SLAs in your rotation and can be difficult to keep stacked in open quests even if you are breaking boxes with Arcane Blast.

Use Burst or Glacial Wrath or Intensify Spell instead (or both).

Yeah Intensify is nice for other SLAs but i dont use METAs for nonSLA missiles. I need mana for metted greater ruin, whitch BTW has unbeliavable crit numbers if you have some stacks on master of knowledge and fire it during Arcane Supremacy  Cheesy

And yeah .. arcane bolt/blast are kinda shity. But they can be free metted and if your chainmissiles are on CD then arcane blast into pack of mobs is still better than magic missiles IMHO.
Stacks are kinda tricky but in most dungeons i already know how to bolt/blast breaking boxes betwen encounters to keep them on.

I think its just matter of taste and all the feats you listed could work well for somone else too. I personally just want alot of cheap and free metted SLAs (either multihit or AoE) to have almost "infinite" mana rotations while running thru mobs and then maybe some really powerfull finisher (greater ruin) for emegency and/or boss fight. In this style i have room exactly for those SLAs and master of knowledge.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint