Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Devs knew Crit Multiplier was bugged but included (Read 9494 times)
Railroader
Ex Member

Devs knew Crit Multiplier was bugged but included
Oct 15th, 2016 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479777-Update-33-on-Lamannia-Preview-2...

Steelstar Wrote: Quote:
Not for U33, unfortunately. It's not a small or simple problem. I'll try to get it pushed (back) up the priority list again.

What the heck are you talking about Steel?!  It's a TWO YEAR OLD PROBLEM!!! Why should you need to "get it pushed back up" for gods sake man it has been on the Known Issues list for two years, and I KNOW FOR A FACT that you and other developers have been asked about it both during Dev events on Lamma for the last two years plus literally dozens and dozens of times in threads.  So why in the bloody world would it need to be "pushed (back) up in the priority list again"?!!!

You gents KNEW that there was a problem with thowing weapons Crit multiplier, I repeat YOU KNEW THERE WAS A PROBLEM For the last two years, so my question is what did you do to try and fix it before debuting the new Ninja master capstone? seriously what did you guys do? did you do anything at all? or did you just hope that it would somehow work on ninja master even though it was broken on everything else? 

Or much worse, did you guys just included it on Ninja Master knowing it wouldn't work because YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO FIX THAT TWO YEAR OLD BUG?!!  And now are you just playing the same darn game you did with Swashbuckler, releasing this bugged ability and going on with no intention of fixing it ever?  Sounds far fetched eh? but that's exactly what you have done with the swash buckler and the rest for the LAST TWO YEARS!   Look how many times this darn problem was brought up on that "one thing" thread, posters banged on and on about it and then you went and made a new CAPSTONE ABILITY that features thrown weapon crit multiplier without even fixing it...

What the heck man, that is so obnoxious and insulting to us as players and customers who have been waiting and posting about it and reading the empty lip-service about it in the "one thing" thread.

Sort yourselves out and stop trying to hide from the Crit multiplier and all the other items on the Known Issues list.

#fixthebugsfirst
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2016 at 4:06pm by »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Devs knew Crit Multiplier was bugged but included
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Lol.  Zebedar is bitching at the devs again.  Looks like one of the kids forgot to put Grandpa down for his nap on time and he's cranky posting. 

P.S.  I do agree that that bug should get fixed and it should be a high priority item for U34.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
The One Thing thread is used to compile a list of one thing they can screw up each update that will make players forget anything else that was fixed.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Your quote answers your own question.
"It's not a small or simple problem..."
Hence it goes down the priority list because it would involve both effort and intelligence to resolve.
Pretty much impossible to find at Turbine except for interns.
Because #RockStarz

The reality is they publish this shit knowing it is broken because only a minority of players following the forums or wiki would know it is fucked up, so most players would likely be oblivious to it not working.

Someone mentioned resume padding - this is what it appears to be.  They can claim a complete table on the resume, but no untrue employer will know it is broken and half arsed.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:29pm by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 10:15am
Print Post  
What I found baffling about this is that they just add it on the tooltip anyway, when you KNOW the thing is fucking bugged and you don't expect to fix it soon a halfway competent company would put it on the known issues list and change the tooltip untill they fix it as to inform their customers.... (Well ok a decent company would get it fixed but that's probably not within the realm of possibilities for turbine)

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
being surprised that these incompetent jerkoffs mission "to edit everything themselves" resulted in everything becoming shit

what you call balance passes is really just their way of trying to understand their product. they reshuffle and modify things so they can scrap the old devs work and replace it with THEIR VISION and actually know what the variables mean

theyre typical hipsters who are leaving their mark in the world. unfortunately, like most hipsters, that mark is a brown skidmark in the world's pink panties

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
It's been that way since the Enhancement Crash... Under the guise of balancing out and revising older stuff, they just push new resume padding system changes... because they have seen the writing on the walls since then. Turbine is now a Warner Bros Mobile Game development company.
( ok, they fail at that because they don't have new interesting ideas despite having access to the WB owned IPs. )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
great example of the value of a college degree

you too can work for WB in an accountability free position, produce nothing, and get benefits and an income, just by paying to repeat high school and showing people your certification for doing so

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 10:34am:
what you call balance passes is really just their way of trying to understand their product. they reshuffle and modify things so they can scrap the old devs work and replace it with THEIR VISION

Absolutely correct and supported by countless examples.

[they reshuffle and modify things so they can] actually know what the variables mean

I do not believe this is part of their agenda.  It would be tantamount to creating documentation, which implies that there's value in doing so, that the game is seen as an ongoing concern, and that past effort has future value.

It's much more likely that the rockstars are already convinced they are experts on their product, can learn nothing from anyone else ever about anything, and therefore THEIR VISION is BEST VISION and "fuck you" to anyone who had anything to do with what THEIR VISION replaces.

Why learn what a variable means and how it interacts with anything else when you're going to replace it with a new system as soon as you catch your breath from Pac-Man LARP finals?

[the DDO Devs are] typical hipsters who are leaving their mark in the world. unfortunately, like most hipsters, that mark is a brown skidmark in the world's pink panties

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sort yourselves out and stop trying to hide from the Crit multiplier and all the other items on the Known Issues list.

So how many infractions did you get for pointing out their incompetence?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....delicious tears!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 2:01pm:
Why learn what a variable means and how it interacts with anything else when you're going to replace it with a new system as soon as you catch your breath from Pac-Man LARP finals?

yes, as we are both saying, they are changing the variables- removing the work of finer (read replaced) devs and replacing entire systems to ones they built themselves using variables they can remember because they wrote em and everything which interacts with them. this is because they are incapable of analyzing and understanding the complexity that we built so long ago. as a result- they dont know how to fix anything and are instead opting to isolate and replace everything they dont understand, while adding their own personal "hipster art" to each item they touch. you give them too much credit in that you believe theyre just the worlds luckiest people doing nothing all day when in reality they are the worlds most incompetent people struggling to maintain a balance that will keep them employed as long as possible using the best of their abilities (which as proven by demonstration, are minimal) it is undoubtedly a constant struggle between "man how the fuck do i do this" and "when did they say i have to have that done by?" theyre fucking gay and retarded college kids full of debt who need this job to survive due to taking expensive crash courses in something they thought was cool and came to realize the work is not the same as sitting in their room nerding out on a college project

IP Logged

Railroader
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 2:40pm:
So how many infractions did you get for pointing out their incompetence?

None. I tend to hew closely to the CoC guidelines even when I am truly outraged so it is very seldom I'm ever even given a small infraction.

Unfortunately the guilty silence and dishonest updates from the developers is much more upsetting than any infraction would be. 
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:05pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I tend to hew closely to the CoC

only took you six hundred and forty seven socks to admit it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 16th, 2016 at 3:02pm:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....delicious tears!

Only because they're not yours for a change, jizz frog.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
None. I tend to hew closely to the CoC guidelines even when I am truly outraged so it is very seldom I'm ever even given a small infraction.

Since when does following their guidelines prevent them from handing out infractions?  I've got a guildy who got an infraction for making something like 10 bug reports in a day, all for different bugs, all just reporting the facts.  No, wait, it wasn't an infraction, it was a 3 day ban.

She said she hasn't submitted a bug report since.  So they won, they ask for bug reports, then when you provide them at the cost of your play time they punish you until you stop.  Go, QA!

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 7:41am
Print Post  
its funny compare it with this one:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473058-Hey-Sev-amp-Devs-It-s-time-for-...

full of shoulder patting and cock sucking:p

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #17 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 4:36am:
Since when does following their guidelines prevent them from handing out infractions?  I've got a guildy who got an infraction for making something like 10 bug reports in a day, all for different bugs, all just reporting the facts.  No, wait, it wasn't an infraction, it was a 3 day ban.

She said she hasn't submitted a bug report since.  So they won, they ask for bug reports, then when you provide them at the cost of your play time they punish you until you stop.  Go, QA!

Ah, that is an easy one to explain.
There are no bugs in DDO, so anyone daring to use the bug reporting tool is obviously griefing Turdbine.
10 in day - well that is simply an egregious insult that deserved a ban! 
Grin

I jest but how else can one explain it except they have fragile egos and don't want to hear about problems.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #18 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:49am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 9:00am:
Ah, that is an easy one to explain.
There are no bugs in DDO, so anyone daring to use the bug reporting tool is obviously griefing Turdbine.
10 in day - well that is simply an egregious insult that deserved a ban! 
Grin

I jest but how else can one explain it except they have fragile egos and don't want to hear about problems.

Stick to a subject you have some frame of reference on; like rodent genitalia.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 15th, 2016 at 5:02pm:
Lol.  Zebedar is bitching at the devs again.  Looks like one of the kids forgot to put Grandpa down for his nap on time and he's cranky posting. 

P.S.  I do agree that that bug should get fixed and it should be a high priority item for U34. 

LOL, Asheras sucking turbine's dick again

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 7:41am:
its funny compare it with this one:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473058-Hey-Sev-amp-Devs-It-s-time-for-...

full of shoulder patting and cock sucking:p

Thrower builds just reductio ad absurdum the same issue that many weapons face.  It's just made so much more clear when there is only one viable option rather than a few.  And then the issue is further confused by the few stand out weapons within the crappy weapon lists.  Light weapons?  Almost universally crap for crit range and crit multiplier, but a few individual weapons that break the general rule.  Kama?  No one is going to spend a feat for an exotic weapon with 1d6 damage and a 20/x2 crit profile.  But then there is the Forester's Brush Hook with a 18-20/x3 profile and busting all metal and alignment DRs.

But with thrower builds it's shuriken or gtfo.  Even the very best examples of non-shuriken named throwers are crap compared to any named shuriken or even a stack of expendable shuriken, due to the mechanics involved.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
LOL, Asheras sucking turbine's dick again

Grin Grin Grin You called it! Ash is so funny that way, just be glad you don't have to read his silly stuff in the PC boards.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 5:15pm:
Grin Grin Grin You called it! Ash is so funny that way, just be glad you don't have to read his silly stuff in the PC boards.

Lol, grand/remi/yardarm/railroader/vaultaccount.  I love it when you post and then switch accounts and agree with yourself. 

You aren't on the PC boards.  Sure you have a buddy on there who leaks stuff to you, who later outted himself inadvertantly while trying to out me, but that's not the same thing.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:23pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 15th, 2016 at 6:28pm:
The One Thing thread is used to compile a list of one thing they can screw up each update that will make players forget anythingNOTHING else that was fixed.

ftfy bro yw

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2016 at 6:03pm:
Lol, grand/remi/yardarm/railroader/vaultaccount.  I love it when you post and then switch accounts and agree with yourself. 

You aren't on the PC boards.  Sure you have a buddy on there who leaks stuff to you, who later outted himself inadvertantly while trying to out me, but that's not the same thing.

Gosh you sure are worked up there Ash!  but lumping me in with all your other Bete'noirs just because I had a giggle at your expense? that  hurts my feels buddy...    Nice one Strake!  Grin Grin Grin

BTW, who is this 'buddy' who you say leaked to me? and when did he 'out himself'?  Do tell! see inquiring minds want to know and see you come up empty with your latest knee-jerk accusation resulting from butthurt!  Grin Grin Grin

All my love,

Your fellow PC member Remremi

* Also I just have to know, does this mean that everyone who has made fun of the way you try to spin and flak for Jerry and Turbine is the same poster? ..................Because that would be almost the entire Vault!  Wink Wink Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2016 at 8:01pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint