Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sevpay is covering his butt with stealth post (Read 1262 times)
Forest
Ex Member

Sevpay is covering his butt with stealth post
Oct 19th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
So Sevpay was badgered into making this post:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479820-Reaper-Preview-2-Run-Review-wit...

But if you check carefully you will see that it doesn't show up in the lamma Dev tracker! I guess he is hoping to put down the complaints but not fuel the fire with a patented Cordovan style untrackable post.  Grin

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Re: Sevpay is covering his butt with stealth post
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So Sevpay was badgered into making this post:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479820-Reaper-Preview-2-Run-Review-wit...

But if you check carefully you will see that it doesn't show up in the lamma Dev tracker! I guess he is hoping to put down the complaints but not fuel the fire with a patented Cordovan style untrackable post.  Grin

Ah no, it is in the dev tracker.   Your mistake was probably assuming competency. 

I'm guessing you saw that the post was made, according to the forum at 10-18-2016 10:07, and overlooked there was a dev tracker for the post listed as 10-18-2016 11:07 PM

Yes, I know those are an hour apart.  See you assumed that there was enough competency that the time-stamps on their forums would be internally consistent. 

I sometimes wonder if the conspiracy theories like, Turbine is stealth posting to hide from controversies, is borne out of people's last shreds of optimism.  When presented with the option of assuming a conspiracy versus not having internally consistent time-stamps, some people are optimistic enough to hope that they couldn't possibly have fucked up something as simple as timestamps.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:08pm by Spoon »  

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Ah I see! The post itself shows it posted at 3:07 am on the 19th but it's 18th on the tracker.

I stand humbled and corrected dear sir.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:26pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on Oct 19th, 2016 at 2:51pm:
When presented with the option of assuming a conspiracy versus not having internally consistent time-stamps, some people are optimistic enough to hope that they couldn't possibly have fucked up something as simple as timestamps.

NTP is soooo hard.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint