Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NewCC 'Effect' (damage type) (Read 3014 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

NewCC 'Effect' (damage type)
Oct 19th, 2016 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Has anyone made anything using this shard?  If so, does the damage type have to match (one of) the weapon damage type(s)?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: NewCC 'Effect' (damage type)
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 7:11am
Print Post  
It does not have to match.  You can put the Bludgeoning Effect on a Heavy Repeater and it will add the bludgeon damage to each bolt.

It will not add DR/Bludgeon bypass though.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 7:11am:
It does not have to match.  You can put the Bludgeoning Effect on a Heavy Repeater and it will add the bludgeon damage to each bolt.

Thanks for the info!
Quote:

Damn it, I would have sworn that Jerry claimed they were going to fix that.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 7:11am:

What's the point of adding that damage type if it doesn't bypass the corresponding DR? Seriously, am I missing something or are the developers just that fucking stupid?

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure good dmg adds good dr breaking now.  I would expect that if you added a special bludgeon ( or whatever) physical type of dmg, it would not break dr and that was a conscious choice.  Again, what I would expect...alignment type adds bypass, physical type does not.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 1:46pm:
What's the point of adding that damage type if it doesn't bypass the corresponding DR? Seriously, am I missing something or are the developers just that fucking stupid?

Suposedly  will be fixed as  a help for  Kensais so they can  do reaper content without being buttfucked.

You know, with all those absorbe slash/pierce/bludgeoning champs.

But we will se how they screw that

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 1:46pm:

You are not missing something, and yes they are.

Lets see, shall I add 4d6 bludgeoning damage to my heavy repeater, or 4d6 acid damage?  Neither will break any DR, but the acid might heal clay golems and arcane oozes.  So maybe 4d6 good?

What a crap shoot.  Next time I need to make a weapon I might test the alignments for DR breaking.  But a long while before NewCC I spent a pile of my collectables on the collectable vendor lottery for augments, so in several cases I have more of the rare collectables than I do of the uncommon.

The capabilities of NewCC are pretty sweet, except for the few cases where for some reason they decided to reduce the effects (Fort, Lore, probably others) and the collectables are a bit of a kick in the nuts.  They seem to be very much more about the grind these days.  Grind your CC collectables, grind your LGS mats, grind your slave lords mats.  All of them are worthwhile gear, but the grind will make the content old fast.

If they would ever release new content without a new corresponding crafting matrix, it would reduce the tedium of always running the same quests over and over and over again.  New content with slave lords collectables wouldn't be so horrible, would it?  New content with LGS collectables, game breaking?

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
physical ones work like any additional damage, ie doesnot change DR breaking status of weapon.

Alignment ones are special case as aligning weapon is part of enchantment and should be working for DR breaking purpose.

Anyway that extra physical dmg enchantment is working as intended, at least thats what Cordo said and no change is planned

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
The added Pierce/Bludgeon/Slash damage itself breaks DR. It does not add those DR types to the weapon. Alignment damages do.

Alignment/Elemental/Light damage is prefix. Bludgeon/Pierce/Slash are suffix.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 4:53pm:
physical ones work like any additional damage, ie doesnot change DR breaking status of weapon.

Alignment ones are special case as aligning weapon is part of enchantment and should be working for DR breaking purpose.

Anyway that extra physical dmg enchantment is working as intended, at least thats what Cordo said and no change is planned

I don't doubt that is true, but it is crap.  You've got the Silver Slinger, and Ranger enhance, and probably another decent handful of ways to add different physical damage types to a weapon which do actually break DR.

Claiming that alignment damage is somehow special and deserves a different and better mechanic makes zero sense given all of those other examples.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:03pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
The fate of one trick ponnies is sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint