Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New Night Revels quests (Read 13438 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

New Night Revels quests
Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Take about 3-4 times as long as the 4 from last year, but only give 36 mats (9 of each type) vs. 23 mats of one type.  So, on a mats/min basis, they are way worse to run.  However, on a keys/mats basis, they are more efficient.

I would rather get more mats per min.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: New Night Revels quests
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
Take about 3-4 times as long as the 4 from last year, but only give 36 mats (9 of each type) vs. 23 mats of one type.  So, on a mats/min basis, they are way worse to run.  However, on a keys/mats basis, they are more efficient.

Dev's response will be, "Our stats show that last year's quests were over performing, so we applied a balance pass to increase the replay value and hence enjoyment of the game.  Your Welcome."

And depending on the item(s) you want, you could farm the required mats and not redundant stuff.  Would be ok if you could sell them, but they were BTA weren't they?
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:10pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
hard pass for me.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I farmed a bunch of keys but i don't really know what items i want ... already got a few augments last year and a stupid broom for the lulz

not sure what to do this year since there's still (it's been 3 years) no ml28 items

maybe i'll go for the pet even though i never use pets because i don't like the weird things teleporting all over me when i move around

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
I’m mainly running these two new quests for the 320,000+ first time XP.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
The 1st time xp is well worth it on any character that has TR'd since last year.  All 6 combined, i think I got around 1.1 million xp.

And it takes about 20 min to run all 6.

Other than that, I'll get a set of the cosmetic armor and helm and call it a day.  I have the augments I want.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:47pm:

Yes, running each at least once is well worth it even if you include the time spend farming keys.  As long as there is at least one full party in the public instance the spawns come pretty fast.  Two+ groups and people bitch about kill stealing but they don't understand that the extra people mean that the spawn rate is almost non-stop, so it's probably a net win for everyone.

I see a lot of talk about the int/wiz augments, and cosmetics, and I guess those are fine.  But everyone should pick up a delighter's docent and a reveler's regalia, the two ML1 items that give a 90 second 25% Festive bonus to Spell Critical Damage, so stacking with everything.  A huge benefit for boss fights, and fast swapping for cloth and docent wearers.  A bit of a pain for heavier armor, but I still do it even if it means an ~80 sec duration instead.  That's still a lot of spell crit damage.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 1:31am
Print Post  
This is new. No?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 3:54am
Print Post  
it's new to me.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:34pm:
I farmed a bunch of keys but i don't really know what items i want ... already got a few augments last year and a stupid broom for the lulz

not sure what to do this year since there's still (it's been 3 years) no ml28 items

maybe i'll go for the pet even though i never use pets because i don't like the weird things teleporting all over me when i move around

I personally like the look of the robe (and the clicky's quite sexy for a caster). I might grab two and glammer one, they look better than the fugly cosmetic armor they added.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 3:55am:
I personally like the look of the robe (and the clicky's quite sexy for a caster). I might grab two and glammer one, they look better than the fugly cosmetic armor they added.

if u get the hood too u l get nice black cultist combo as the hood looks like real hood not the usual sock on head one.

i was running one of my toon wearing this and cosmetics from libram and torch for hands:)

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 3:54am:
it's new to me.

Yeah it's new alright. And it fucking sucks for me because I don't give a fuck about this shit, but my wife wants the stupid fucking thing so I am going to end up farming for it.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 9:39am
Print Post  
No free keys from the store like last year yet?

I'd run for xp if I had some free keys. I can't get myself to stand around in the fucking graveyard again.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 10:17am
Print Post  
keys are tradable, so just convince someone with spare ones to pass u some

IP Logged

kinggartk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:47pm:

320,000????  I ran lvl35 version of all 6 and got 780,000.  No XP pots running either.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Lordsmarch takes ~6 minutes, about 3 of which are loading screens...
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:25am by »  

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:54pm:

I heard you can invis most of hayweird so that would probably be more efficient.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 10:57pm:
The 1st time xp is well worth it on any character that has TR'd since last year.  All 6 combined, i think I got around 1.1 million xp.

And it takes about 20 min to run all 6.

Other than that, I'll get a set of the cosmetic armor and helm and call it a day.  I have the augments I want.

Pretty much this.

I wondered why the payout was so low, didn't realize that the mats we almost 3x as much (singly) in the old quests.

I guess it's 4x through each each old quest (23 mats x 3 quests to get 80 of each) vs. 9-10x through the new ones (8/9 of each mat, for 80).

So 12 old runs vs. 10 new for 1 cosmetic.

Pick your poison.

Thank Baby Jesus I farmed this shit out when it was a dragon in a jail cell way back when.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2016 at 12:52pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 5:19am:
Yeah it's new alright. And it fucking sucks for me because I don't give a fuck about this shit, but my wife wants the stupid fucking thing so I am going to end up farming for it.

look at it the bright way : it's a virtual pet, it whon't shit in your bed, it wont piss on the carpet and it won't reduce your sofar covering into ribbon.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 1:35pm:
look at it the bright way : it's a virtual pet, it whon't shit in your bed, it wont piss on the carpet and it won't reduce your sofar covering into ribbon.  Roll Eyes Cheesy

And it might get you head on a day that isn't your birthday.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #21 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
kinggartk wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:12am:
320,000????  I ran lvl35 version of all 6 and got 780,000.  No XP pots running either.

I was specifically talking about the XP from the two new quests.  But, yes, I got my 960,000XP for my eligible eTR characters.

Also, on an unrelated note, 2 runs of 5 star, 5+ levels over you character level, nets you the stuff needed to make a stat diamond.  They make for nice eTR gear.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Scorched earth on players 6 for more mobs for higher score for more rewards.

I'm 72% positive. We were getting 11-12 of each per run last night, but only killing most of the mobs in group of 4-6. I've heard of up to 14 of each...

6 longer runs for cosmetic...
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2016 at 10:02pm by »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 21st, 2016 at 7:49pm:
Also, on an unrelated note, 2 runs of 5 star, 5+ levels over you character level, nets you the stuff needed to make a stat diamond.  They make for nice eTR gear.

They make nice end game gear also.  Who turns down a +2 stat?  And end game gear is full of slots, except for LGS stuff.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #24 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 20th, 2016 at 11:47pm:
Yes, running each at least once is well worth it even if you include the time spend farming keys.  As long as there is at least one full party in the public instance the spawns come pretty fast.  Two+ groups and people bitch about kill stealing but they don't understand that the extra people mean that the spawn rate is almost non-stop, so it's probably a net win for everyone.

I see a lot of talk about the int/wiz augments, and cosmetics, and I guess those are fine.  But everyone should pick up a delighter's docent and a reveler's regalia, the two ML1 items that give a 90 second 25% Festive bonus to Spell Critical Damage, so stacking with everything.  A huge benefit for boss fights, and fast swapping for cloth and docent wearers.  A bit of a pain for heavier armor, but I still do it even if it means an ~80 sec duration instead.  That's still a lot of spell crit damage.

Re: Kill stealing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seemed to matter who killed what as far as choco/keys are concerned.

If you are in a group you'll get them even if you pike. If you do damage to a critter and not in a group you'll get as many whether someone kills steals or not. If you spam damage over as many critters as possible, intentionally not killing anything and just allow the now active monsters to be taken out in a killzone you get lots.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint