Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic WB has been bought... by AT&T.... (Read 9702 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: WB has been bought... by AT&T....
Reply #25 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 8:16pm:
The set of "you guys" appears to contain only Flav at this time.

There is a if only at the front of my optimistic statement... You really think I believe in optimism ?

Since people believe that I really really think it will improve things I'll write it clearly in simple words :

If the merge occurs,
- at best it won't change how things are.
- at worst it will bring down the game faster.

( see I've been careful to use simple words of no more than two syllables so that everybody can understand )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: WB has been bought... by AT&T....
Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:18am:
Now if only they could move the servers from whatever crappy hosting facility they use to a real datacenter owned by AT&T it would be great...

It doesn't take understanding large words to parse this statement.  You cay that 'if' Turbine's servers were migrated to an AT&T that things would be 'great.'

Even ignoring the 4 months of horrible customer experiences due to the lag brought about by the last server migration, because we're all going to assume that they now know how to run a VM, exactly what would suddenly become 'great' just because they moved their servers again?

Lag goes away?  It's pretty much guaranteed that customer wide lag is not network based but code based, so no improvements can be expected there.  And really, they have managed to get back to their pre-migration level of intermittent lag, or perhaps they've even improved on it a bit via some code tweaks, again when looked at on a customer base level and not an individual level.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint