Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannith Crafting help (Read 5524 times)
nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Cannith Crafting help
Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:55am
Print Post  
So, I used http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/?i=1 to look at crafting Goggles with Blindness Immunity and True Seeing. The crafting planner notes that the ML for both of those effects doesn't work. Does anyone know if this means that I could craft Goggles with a ML of 1 and put those effects on it?

Mainly what I'm trying to do is avoid having to farm ADQ and Zawabi's Revenge for Sandstorm Glasses. However, if I can't get those two effects on a crafted item with ML11, then I'll spend the time. I'm also looking at having a second copy (either crafted or farmed) for epic levels because I'd like to put a spell point augment in the yellow slot that the Epic Sandstorm Glasses have. I could live without that augment, though. So, that's not such a big deal.

Thanks!

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Cannith Crafting help
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 9:48am
Print Post  
yes

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Sweet! I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 11:39am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:55am:
So, I used http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/?i=1 to look at crafting Goggles with Blindness Immunity and True Seeing. The crafting planner notes that the ML for both of those effects doesn't work. Does anyone know if this means that I could craft Goggles with a ML of 1 and put those effects on it?

Mainly what I'm trying to do is avoid having to farm ADQ and Zawabi's Revenge for Sandstorm Glasses. However, if I can't get those two effects on a crafted item with ML11, then I'll spend the time. I'm also looking at having a second copy (either crafted or farmed) for epic levels because I'd like to put a spell point augment in the yellow slot that the Epic Sandstorm Glasses have. I could live without that augment, though. So, that's not such a big deal.

Thanks!

I get the desire for True Seeing but is the blindness immunity that much of an isuse? 

Why not just carry a stack of Blindness Removal potions?  I buy a stack of 100 each life and can't remember the last time I had to restock them before TRing and that's with me tending to run a month or two at 30 before TRing.

I think you'd get better return on investment by putting Int/Wis/Search/Seeker/Spell Focus/Disable Device on crafted goggles at ML11 than Blindness Immunity?  ML11 stats and seeker are +6, skills are +13 and spell focus are +3.   Seems like you'd use any of those quite a bit more often than blindness immunity.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I hear what you're saying and you have a point. I've been in a few fights (probably one specific quest, but I can't recall which) where the enemy kept hitting me with Sunburst over and over. So, I was able to attack a few times, then had to use a potion to remove blindness, then got to attack a few times, then drink a potion. Super annoying, and I'll grant that it's as rare as it is annoying. I'll take a look at the build and see what else I can fit on there.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
heal scrolls solve it

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:05pm:
... I've been in a few fights (probably one specific quest, but I can't recall which) ...

Cabal

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Cabal

That's it!

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:21pm:
heal scrolls solve it

Takes even longer to use a heal scroll than it does to drink a Remove Blindness potion. Not only that, but the potion doesn't have a UMD check enabling me to use it both at lower levels and on characters for whom UMD is a cross-class skill. Granted, I invest in UMD on all my characters now, but that doesn't mean it gets to usable levels until epic levels, either.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
The blindness from Sunburst lasts for like 3 seconds. I tend to just keep on swinging.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Meh. Seems like he's able to cast it every four to six seconds. I'm not keen on being blind for half the time.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 2:57pm:
The blindness from Sunburst lasts for like 3 seconds. I tend to just keep on swinging.

This.  Although I also carry a stack of 100 cure blind pots and always seem to still have 100 when it comes time to TR despite using maybe 10 in the life.  And near cap you have more augment slots than you can really use, so slotting the prevent blind augment is easy.  At cap you tend to fill up on LGS and slavers gear and aug slots become more scarce.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #12 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Blindness Immunity comes in Yellow slot form as well.  So, you could do Seeker, Trueseeing of Insightful Seeker goggles and slot the Immunity.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #13 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Cabal

Chains of Flame has an annoying blindness effect too, the curse that re-applies itself every 15 seconds or so.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Oct 31st, 2016 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 9:13pm:
Chains of Flame has an annoying blindness effect too, the curse that re-applies itself every 15 seconds or so.

You say annoying; I say, the only way to realize my stupid, stupid dream of playing a Daredevil-themed dual-baton wielder.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 10:26pm:
You say annoying; I say, the only way to realize my stupid, stupid dream of playing a Daredevil-themed dual-baton wielder.

Especially playing a melee. I imagine that stream of damage numbers to be my bat like sonar.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #16 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 9:13pm:

Come on man really?  Remove Curse pot and done!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 7:52am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:33pm:
Blindness Immunity comes in Yellow slot form as well.  So, you could do Seeker, Trueseeing of Insightful Seeker goggles and slot the Immunity.

This is true. I was just planning to use the yellow slot for a spell point augment since this is on a melee who doesn't otherwise get spell points. I have time to think about what I want to do since I don't have the new collectibles sufficient to craft any of this, yet.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #18 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 7:56am
Print Post  
...and if your goal is to have ML1 true sight, seeker adds really look unexciting.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 2:33am:
Especially playing a melee. I imagine that stream of damage numbers to be my bat like sonar.

First time i ran that had no idea about the curse. Managed to complete without falling down the paths with the blindness replying itself wich is saying a lot for me.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 5:12pm:
First time i ran that had no idea about the curse. Managed to complete without falling down the paths with the blindness replying itself wich is saying a lot for me.

At ~12th level you don't carry any remove curse pots?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Nov 1st, 2016 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Nov 1st, 2016 at 2:33am:

Mini-map.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint