Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) BigJerkyKid throws everyone under the bus (Read 16092 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: BigJerkyKid throws everyone under the bus
Reply #50 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 1:31am:
Not a good one.  Cool Cool Cool

Mechanic gives +1 multi for bows, and you are already grabbing int to attack so int to damage isn't far off. Even without int-to-damage the RP is enough to put it ahead of GxB for that period.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #51 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:12pm:
you are just cherry picking what you want

Hi Welcome

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #52 - Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 10:12pm:
Lots of trees are limiting.

Yes, they should change as well.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 21st, 2017 at 12:42pm:
Yes, they should change as well.

I'm no fan of the tank/DPS/healer triad, but arguing for further homogenization of the enhancement trees is going too far in the other direction.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:33pm:
I'm no fan of the tank/DPS/healer triad, but arguing for further homogenization of the enhancement trees is going too far in the other direction.

Not really, no.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 7:23am
Print Post  
BigErkyKid has a point in that all bugs should be fixed.  It's only a shame that most (all?) of the bugs he points out are those which work for the players.  There are dozens, if not hundreds, of bugs which work against the players, and yet I don't see those on his list.

BigErkyKid is a dick.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #56 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 7:23am:
BigErkyKid is a troll.

...and a damned good one.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
...and a damned good one.

Taking notes nignog?

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #58 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
"stop liking things i dont like" the thread

clearly his life is affected by the way YOU do things. because instead of himself just not doing things, he needs to make sure YOU arent doing them. there's a word for that, i think its oppression. or maybe intolerance. i guarantee he voted for hillary.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
I think there is a huge assumption that DDO coders didn't already know about most of those. Is interesting to see them admit to it, reply to it and not just nuke the thread from orbit to remove it from the record. Real question is when will they fix it, and will they give the 30%+ server population that uses those builds a +20 heart or something to deal with the mass nerf if they ever do fix all of those NOT WAI.

Or maybe if they do fix them, it will be Standing Stones way of trying to further thin DDO's server populations or make a mint on selling +20 hearts with free +5s!

Of course seeing racial boosts go the way of the dodo shows some intent on their part.

Really makes me want to slow down on building more slavers crap until I know what builds are diaf. While imbue for shuri isn't the only option, I would miss that a lot, just plain fun.

Between Reaper mode and public acknowledgement of NOT WAI really does make huge questions for future builds.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #60 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:49pm:
I think there is a huge assumption that DDO coders didn't already know about most of those. Is interesting to see them admit to it, reply to it and not just nuke the thread from orbit to remove it from the record. Real question is when will they fix it, and will they give the 30%+ server population that uses those builds a +20 heart or something to deal with the mass nerf if they ever do fix all of those NOT WAI.

Or maybe if they do fix them, it will be Standing Stones way of trying to further thin DDO's server populations or make a mint on selling +20 hearts with free +5s!

Of course seeing racial boosts go the way of the dodo shows some intent on their part.

Really makes me want to slow down on building more slavers crap until I know what builds are diaf. While imbue for shuri isn't the only option, I would miss that a lot, just plain fun.

Between Reaper mode and public acknowledgement of NOT WAI really does make huge questions for future builds.

A year and half ago there was a thread posted how treebuilds are overperforming, some dev jumped in and said it will be fixed with druid rework.
I was on break as i was working outside of my country, came back 2 and half months ago, and guess what im playing now on my main.
It starts with a t and ends with a  e.

Since ranger rework is kinda fresh they might touch shuri imbues, but anything that isnt recent they wont touch because they have no clue where to start.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #61 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:33pm:

Arguing against Assassins being relegated to only daggers, AAs to only longbows, TWO trees to only staffs, etc, is somehow saying there should be more homogenization?  Huh

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:39am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:08pm:
Arguing against Assassins being relegated to only daggers, AAs to only longbows, TWO trees to only staffs, etc, is somehow saying there should be more homogenization?  Huh

Without addressing your specific points since they don't really apply here, in general having all weapons behave the same is a homogenization, and one which makes the game less flavorful rather than more.

There is a reason why shurikens, with their crappy
crit profile and crappy damage, are still a valid build.  And that reason isn't because shurikens act just like bows or crossbows, mechanically.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #63 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:39am:
Without addressing your specific points since they don't really apply here, in general having all weapons behave the same is a homogenization, and one which makes the game less flavorful rather than more.

crit profile and crappy damage, are still a valid build.  And that reason isn't because shurikens act just like bows or crossbows, mechanically.

Words, LOL.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:57am
Print Post  

You are not arguing for the weapons, you are arguing for the characters skills. Theres nothing wrong with weapons behaving differently, thats good. There is a problem with characters only being able to pick 1 or 2 weapons because thats all they can use. That is boring and pretty unrealistic.

Quote:

No the reason is far more retarded than that, the reason is because characters can throw a star shaped thingy better than they can throw a dart shaped thingy for some mystifying reason. So much better in fact that it could be said that while with one they can kill gods, they throw the others as if they were doing it with their elbows.
More enhancement trees are sorely needed, and them being able to cater to broader categories of weapons would be nice.

Also would be nice if they had different effects for different weapons.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #65 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Faggots arguing homogenization: figures.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:27am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:00am:
Faggots arguing homogenization: figures.

You got back into playing DDO?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #67 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:27am:
You got back into playing DDO?

Fuck no, that shit's for losers.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:57am:
There is a problem with characters only being able to pick 1 or 2 weapons because thats all they can use. That is boring and pretty unrealistic.

There's no limit here.  Players choose trees which boost one weapon or another.  Don't point to a free choice and then call it a limitation.

Next you'll be railing against Wizards only being proficient with simple weapons.  "It's boring and unrealistic that Wizards can't use greatswords!"  You traded your proficiency with martial weapons for the ability to tell physics to shut the fuck up.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #69 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Print Post  

I didn't say "make all weapons behave the same", I said it would be better to build enhancement trees around playstyles instead of specific weapons.

For example, I believe Rogues would be more flavorful, interesting, and less homogeneous if their 3 trees were TWF specific, THF specific, and ranged specific; instead of dagger specific, staff specific, and crossbow specific.

Say you want to play a classic flavorful short sword rogue. Too bad, you can't with the current set up, because running around with a 17-20x3 crit profile when you could have 15-20x4 with daggers/kukris is fucking gimp.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:19pm:
I didn't say "make all weapons behave the same", I said it would be better to build enhancement trees around playstyles instead of specific weapons.

For example, I believe Rogues would be more flavorful, interesting, and less homogeneous if their 3 trees were TWF specific, THF specific, and ranged specific; instead of dagger specific, staff specific, and crossbow specific.

Say you want to play a classic flavorful short sword rogue. Too bad, you can't with the current set up, because running around with a 17-20x3 crit profile when you could have 15-20x4 with daggers/kukris is fucking gimp.

This is true, but the flip side of this is, at least now rogues use kukris and daggers as opposed to everyone using the same weapon which was superior. Remember back in the day when every twf used khopeshes for the most part.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #71 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:53pm:
guess what im playing now on my main.
It starts with a t and ends with a  e.

"The skin flute?"

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #72 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:19pm:

They did that with the Swashbuckler tree's 2nd core. It really did open up the options to use any light weapon rather than just the base type with the best crit profile.

It would nice if they added something like that each class or maybe better yet as an update to the racial trees.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #73 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:59pm:
"The skin flute?"

Yes!!!

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 9:46am:
There's no limit here.  Players choose trees which boost one weapon or another.  Don't point to a free choice and then call it a limitation.

If trees favored 3/4 weapons in different ways with an effect on gameplay youd find a lot more flexibility both in char building and gameplay.

Quote:
Next you'll be railing against Wizards only being proficient with simple weapons.  "It's boring and unrealistic that Wizards can't use greatswords!"  You traded your proficiency with martial weapons for the ability to tell physics to shut the fuck up.

Can you stop being so horribly retarded for once in your fucking posting career you stupid cuck? Jesus fucking christ.
Also theres nothing wrong with allowing for more flexibility for players that want to make a gish that works. Its a popular enough character concept that this retarded focus on specialization has almost killed.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:23pm by Lhynn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint