Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Glaring mistakes on certain enhancements (Read 1889 times)
Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Glaring mistakes on certain enhancements
Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Why are monk ability DC's calculated with 10 + Wis bonus + Monk Level + Stunning bonues making them viable after lvl 20 ...

but sorceror savant ability DC's are 10 + Stat (con not charisma) + Sorceror lvl without adding appropriate Spell school DC bonus making them a complete fucking waste of time after lvl 20?

Someone do me a favor and post this on the real forum where someone might see it.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Re: Glaring mistakes on certain enhancements
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:29am:
Why are monk ability DC's calculated with 10 + Wis bonus + Monk Level + Stunning bonues making them viable after lvl 20 ...

but sorceror savant ability DC's are 10 + Stat (con not charisma) + Sorceror lvl without adding appropriate Spell school DC bonus making them a complete fucking waste of time after lvl 20?

Someone do me a favor and post this on the real forum where someone might see it.

Very simple. The monk was re-examined more recently and benefited from the higher power level that the Development team has aimed for in recent years.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Because those abilities were created as part of the caster pass in...update 9...6ish years ago.

They worked quite well then.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 9:26am
Print Post  
The problem was that Monk was just the example that I gave that happened to have recently been upgraded.   

The real point here is that all Tier 5 and core abilities and enhancements and major features of classes don't become mind numbingly disabled to the point where you will never ever land it.   

This is not something that needs to be adjusted in a pass that may or may not come anytime soon.  They simply need to take their thumbs out of their asses and add the appropriate spell school bonus to the Tier 5 savant abilities (looking at Earthgrab which I love using every few lives as an acid sorc, which life after life I have to get rid of comipletely once I hit epics because it becomes completely unlandable on any occasionion whatsoever even with a near 40 con.

Hopefully they will see this... if anyone has the inclination and access to the regular forum, maybe post this so they might be made aware of it.   
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2017 at 9:30am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
They massively overhauled the monk abilities when they did the monk pass.  Monks used to have abilities that used Charisma mods.  Charisma.  On a monk.  FFS.  And they were using spell power to amplify abilities.  Spell power.  On a monk.  (sure spell power scales much better than MP, so there is that, but still). 

They were all over the place with using different stats, different methods.  They cleaned that part up for the most part.  Most of the abilities scale better now.  At least the DC ones.  The using MP as a scaling on damage is a bit light on the DPS abilities.  I'd like to have seen QP get back the sundering DC's boost.  And Touch of Death damage doesn't scale well.   

I would hope that when they do the Sorc tree pass they clean them up similarly.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 1st, 2017 at 9:45am:
They massively overhauled the monk abilities when they did the monk pass.  Monks used to have abilities that used Charisma mods.  Charisma.  On a monk.  FFS.  And they were using spell power to amplify abilities.  Spell power.  On a monk.  (sure spell power scales much better than MP, so there is that, but still). 

I would hope that when they do the Sorc tree pass they clean them up similarly.

Yes but even before the pass, kukan do (monk stun gaze) added stunning bonuses to the DC, which came in the form of gear, feats, enhancements etc, making it at least somewhat viable in higher lvls.  As far as Im concerned it is blatant neglect to allow a major feature of a class to be so left behind.   For many years now, a major component of spell DC's has come from spell school bonuses.. and at any particular time of leveling, it is these bonuses of a range of 6-8 or so (think what you are getting now from equipment and insight to evocation/conjuration etc) that makes the difference between almost always landing and almost never landing the abilty/spell.   This is a blatant mishap that requires immediate attention.... not an enhancement tree overhaul.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:29am:

if i had to guess id say its all about the bonus item, for stunning you can get +20 from one item plus insight/quality on top of combat mastery ect where as all of the school dc bonuses combined dont match that initial 20 to stunning.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:24am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Feb 2nd, 2017 at 10:21am:
if i had to guess id say its all about the bonus item, for stunning you can get +20 from one item plus insight/quality on top of combat mastery ect where as all of the school dc bonuses combined dont match that initial 20 to stunning.

Isn't that backwards?  Don't they use item inflation to try to correct character balance issues?

Why else would NRL include assassinate bonuses and ignore so many other abilities in other enhancement trees?  So many assassinate items just get vendored because this is one enhance tree amongst 40+ others and yet it's like someone thought:

"Hey, assassinate needs a boost.  But the best way to do that isn't to improve the ability itself in the enhancement tree.  No, that would make too much sense.  Instead we'll help out assassins by introducing item inflation and flooding the random loot drops with items that only a single class using a single enhancement tree will want to keep.  Brilliant!"

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint