Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shoemaker reaches rock bottom for friends (Read 8198 times)
Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Re: Shoemaker reaches rock bottom for friends
Reply #25 - May 1st, 2019 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
"you'll all"? this is why the wiki is turning to shit

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #26 - May 2nd, 2019 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 12:05pm:
The wiki is a great resource.  I couldn't imagine playing the game without it.  I would certainly donate to the cost of maintaining the wiki (domain registration, hosting fees, etc).  I am not interested in donating to fund the personal living expenses of anyone who edits the wiki.  I certainly appreciate their efforts and passion for the game.  But it has always been a volunteer, community editing project.  There are no paid contributors or paid administration.  It should stay that way. 

Well said.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2019 at 2:19am
Print Post  
ShoeMaker wrote on May 1st, 2019 at 4:11pm:
LOL It's been some time since I visited the vault to see what you'll all are complaining about now.  This brought a smile to my day.  Thanks guys... You ARE the bestemest friends!

Just a bit of advice, coming to a site like this and attempting to infer that you don't care about what the posters here think about you or you work is rather self-defeating. 

I applaud the work you do on the wiki myself and have contributed financially several times over the years. Yet I reason that this type of thing rather undercuts your credibility to donors like myself much in the way your were giving yourself awards and such a few years ago.

Take heart in the value of what you have created and guard against actions that while momentarily gratifying inevitably threaten the credibility of all the work and effort you contributed in a more admirable state of mind.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #28 - May 2nd, 2019 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
All this smacks of effort.

Fuck that.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 4th, 2019 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 2:19am:
Take heart in the value of what you have created

Now that's just cruel.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 4th, 2019 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Big splash page from Firefox on attempting to go to ddowiki:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to ddowiki.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 5/4/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh ddowiki.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Consider this my notification, Shoemaker.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 5th, 2019 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Good thing the wiki is so well set up he has time to come here and tell us how awesome he is!

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #32 - May 6th, 2019 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 8:20am:
Good thing the wiki is so well set up he has time to come here and tell us how awesome he is!

Bonus points with an extra serving of egg-on-face for doing so while letting the SSL cert for the wiki site expire.

I mean, doing something smart like setup a LetsEncrypt client that will automatically renew your SSL cert on your server is hard or something I guess.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint