Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Duality Nerf Incoming (Read 12139 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Duality Nerf Incoming
Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Starting to sprout multiple threads. Many people are tring into pure shintao and smashing shit in game. people who arent even good. takes okay players and turns them into death machines. unless youre a mobo poster like, Arkat, joeschmo, and chai. who are all too retarded to use one properly. Or any build, but that is another topic. love how people can be playing this game for 12 years, have tons of lives and still be fucking trash at it. lol.

I say another month before nerfs are in.  Cry
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:33pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Duality Nerf Incoming
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Wow, there's a tard over there who still thinks Barbs are DPS kings.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:45pm:

joeshcmo is lying. arkat and chai are just bad, but joe is intentionally lying to preserve the op'ness, so that once in his life he can feel good about spending a decade in ddo and finally being able to solo a quest.

you should check a few pages back in the thread where joe says he and 6 guildies all tr'd into symb's build, and yet they still were bad. that was only a page after many pages of him saying how all that gear is bis gear and not everyone has that gear. then suddenly him and 6 guildies all have that gear...

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
also, arkat. damn nigga. i can help you. many here can and will. reach out fam. you dont have to be a chai. idc what account you use here. just ask and many can help you out. got you bro! <3

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Chai's too retarded to help himself.  "Monks should be best single-target DPS."

Gay, retard, and French.

Somebody not banned (my sock puppets get caught way to fast these days) start a different thread about "What monk nerfs are needed besides Duality."

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 2:03pm:
also, arkat. damn nigga. i can help you. many here can and will. reach out fam. you dont have to be a chai. idc what account you use here. just ask and many can help you out. got you bro! <3

Just going to "un-retire" this one time to address this silly post.

My Monk, Arkat, has Duality and I TRed him into a Fallen Aasimar and it's the best thing I've ever done in DDO.

My first damage numbers are between 600 and 700 and when I Jade Strike and whatnot those number reach between 700 and 800. Sometimes I even get over 7,000 point criticals on mobs under certain conditions...helpless usually.

They're not what Symbiont's numbers are because I don't choose to optimize my toon to the extent he has either via past lives or gear. I choose to do other things that make my life easier. One example is using Purity filigrees to get the four-piece set bonus. I hate taking negative levels which is why my Monk was either a WF or BF for so many years.

There are other reasons why I don't choose to follow Symbiont's build as well, apparently to my detriment, at least according to some min/maxers.

Anyway, Rubbinns, if I don't do 40K DPS with my Monk, it is mostly because I either value other things besides pure damage, I am too lazy to farm the shit out of Slave Lords, too impatient for Legendary Shroud groups to form, or I have ZERO interest in doing what SSG wants me to by staying on the TR hamster wheel like so many other "obedient" DDO players do.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Strak, reduce my post count by one, if you will.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
The tears in that thread on both sides are hilarious. 

Honestly, I could care less if Duality is making melee monks viable in Epic/Legendary Reaper as a top build. 

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 3:25pm:
Anyway, Rubbinns, if I don't do 40K DPS with my Monk, it is mostly because I either value other things besides pure damage, I am too lazy to farm the shit out of Slave Lords, too impatient for Legendary Shroud groups to form, or I have ZERO interest in doing what SSG wants me to by staying on the TR hamster wheel like so many other "obedient" DDO players do.

The more likely thing is you are gay, retarded, and French.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
The more likely thing is you are gay, retarded, and French.

As a gay, vegan, transgender, French, German, sexy son of a bitch, all I have to say is: blow me kid  Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Also, are we really calling it Symb's monk build?  I looked at that build.  It's no different, besides gear, than every melee monk build ever.  2014 called.  They want their build back.  Besides the gear being updated to current and the use of Henshin for the MP that came in the recent monk pass, there is nothing new here. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Lol.  Nokowi is begging Cordovan for chai and arkat to stop posting or be given a time out.  That's when you know you lost...

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Lol.  Nokowi is begging Cordovan for chai and arkat to stop posting or be given a time out.  That's when you know you lost...

That moron. Haven't admitedly played in years, never stepped foor in reaper yet spams nonsense every single thread.
Watched some of those "assassins videos" - couldn't play for shit either.
And tries to "debate" with a guy with 25 fucking thousands posts lol.

As for topic. We really want motherfucking monks with great stuns, great avoidance completely shit on every other class damage ?
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2018 at 6:15pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
all good builds go to heaven

there will be more

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Personally, I don't have a problem with monks being great.  We've been bitching about how there are no melee builds that work for months now.  We get one and everyone demands nerfs so we can go back to zero?

But the problem is that the monks are awesome basically because of one named weapon.  That's not really a fix.  And, it solves the problems by throwing massive DPS at it.  Not a sustainable solution either.

If I were designing monks to be relevant, I'd go back to what made monks interesting in the first place.  The stances and the finishers.  But, sadly, those are largely ignored.  By the devs and the players.  Most players play their monk like they play a fighter or a ranger.  In part because they don't know anything better and in part because the devs have let the finishers fade into obsolescence.

Monks used to be one of the most unique, challenging, and rewarding melee classes.  Now they are basically just evasion/dodge fighters.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
But the problem is that the monks are awesome basically because of one named weapon.  That's not really a fix.  And, it solves the problems by throwing massive DPS at it.  Not a sustainable solution either.

No, monks have been pretty good since the recent refresh.  Well before RL was released.  They do however, take a decent amount of skill to run well though, which automatically rules out the vast majority of the mouthbreathers on the mobos.  Keep in mind, these are the same people that think Warlocks are top-tier DPS builds.

Most people were just too stupid or too busy whining about how melee can't do reaper to realize it.  Symbiiont just came along and spoon fed those stupid, lazy fuckers the build and rubbed their nose in it and now they're crying cause someone proved them wrong.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:36pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
I've preached it since day 1, monks are the best!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 2:03pm:

LOOOOL>> You made him break his perfect post score Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cause he can never admit it on his Techno account.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #18 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Strak, reduce my post count by one, if you will.

Sounds like work and math.  A reset to 0 would be simpler imo.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 6:08am
Print Post  
My first damage numbers are between 600 and 700

This should disqualify anyone from ever even talking about balance at any level. It would be like me giving YOU law advice.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
Chai's too retarded to help himself.  "Monks should be best single-target DPS."

Gay, retard, and French.

I resent that... While Chai is definitely Gay and retarded, no way he can be French. I won't allow it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #21 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
Personally, I don't have a problem with monks being great.  We've been bitching about how there are no melee builds that work for months now.  We get one and everyone demands nerfs so we can go back to zero?

If I were designing monks to be relevant, I'd go back to what made monks interesting in the first place.  The stances and the finishers.  But, sadly, those are largely ignored.  By the devs and the players.  Most players play their monk like they play a fighter or a ranger.  In part because they don't know anything better and in part because the devs have let the finishers fade into obsolescence.

Monks used to be one of the most unique, challenging, and rewarding melee classes.  Now they are basically just evasion/dodge fighters. 

I agree with most of your monk stuff, but the beginning is too hyperbolic to get behind.  There are a handful of decent melee options, and to pretend otherwise is willful ignorance. 

Finishers should scale with both Monk level AND Adept level to meaningful levels. 

The stances could use an Epic boost, perhaps an Epic or legendary feat, perhaps a rework of GMoF, or just making it scale off character progression. 

Pajama wearers should be glass cannons and versatile to make up for being tissue paper.  Dodge will only get you so far, and it's near impossible to get viable PRR in an outfit.  I'm fine with them dealing good solid DPS, but I don't think you should need 1 named item from a new endgame raid to achieve this. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 11:23am:
I agree with most of your monk stuff, but the beginning is too hyperbolic to get behind.  There are a handful of decent melee options, and to pretend otherwise is willful ignorance. 

While I agree with you, I'm just pointing out the hyperbole that runs rampant on the mobo and here.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 12:02pm:
here.

never in my life. do I have to add you to the 700 base damage on a lv 30 shintao category? I love starting threads like this because it lets me know who should just shut the fuck up when it comes to knowing what does what.

no. wrote on Jan 20th, 2018 at 11:23am:
I'm fine with them dealing good solid DPS, but I don't think you should need 1 named item from a new endgame raid to achieve this. 

see above.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 20th, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 1:45pm:

When did Shade come back?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint