Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guess y'all will see this anyway.... (Read 14341 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Guess y'all will see this anyway....
Reply #25 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:01pm:
My guild just hit 100... the little *ding!* was kind of gratifying... but its not something we talk about.... mainly because I'm the only active member IN the guild   Cheesy

I have my guild of one player too. And I always remind myself I'm the most talented and uber player in the guild.
We're still 47 though :p
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:11pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am:
Your guild has been level 200 for years.  I doubt it is something you guys talk about.  Ever.  But to a lot of guilds lower in the list, guild renown and level growth is still a topic of conversation.  Just not one that you might be experiencing in the channels you are in and the crowd you run with. 

yeah but lava divers doesn't care if homeboys of stormreach gain another level, the most guild levels are talked about are in guild or a vaguely curious "oh hey X guild leveled up to 150...who the fuck are they again? oh well now i'm stuck with a stupid fuckin icon on my screen till i log"

IP Logged

Chumpkin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
the only question i have, is why the fuck do you waste that much time caring about something that nobody gives two soggy fucks about?

I just assumed its the same reason anyone does anything on Khyber ... wind up Gramh.  Only one rule on Khyber, gotta wind up Gramh. Cheesy

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am:
But to a lot of guilds lower in the list, guild renown and level growth is still a topic of conversation.

I don't usually have to check Fran's list to know my own guild level.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 2:51pm:

Not only that, but since the list only shows guilds that are level 140+ none of the guilds that are at a size to really push for guild levels get any benefit out of it, no matter how slight, anyway. The ONLY use it has is to let a new player help decide which mass recruit guild to stalk.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #30 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:16am:
You've heard of MyDDO right?

MyDDO depended on an API. You getting mail is a totally other way. Kind of stone-age. But it would work.

And why did you do that video again?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:16am:
Does he? News to me!

That is exactly what a CI would say.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
why is this information even relevant to anyone that Fran is collecting?

The devs can get this information in about 5 seconds with a quick query on their own databases, so he's not helping the devs/Cordo out. (type jokes here about how the devs probably can't write a simple Select query).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 6:02pm:
so he's not helping the devs/Cordo out. (type jokes here about how the devs probably can't write a simple Select query).

they dont have the time or inclination. that staff is too undermanned, too lazy, and has tons of bugs and actual problems to deal with. Far easier to let fran keep and compile notes for them for a few tp.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #34 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 4:43pm:
That is exactly what a CI would say.

Snitches get stitches  Angry

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #35 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 2:51pm:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #36 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:16pm:
The ONLY use it has is to let a new player help decide which mass recruit guild to stalk.

Except that lots of guilds in the list ( at least on G-land ) are not mass recruit guilds. but that's a detail.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #37 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:16pm:
Not only that, but since the list only shows guilds that are level 140+ none of the guilds that are at a size to really push for guild levels get any benefit out of it, no matter how slight, anyway. The ONLY use it has is to let a new player help decide which mass recruit guild to stalk.

Pretty much this in its entirety.. If hes only going to track the guilds exceeding 140, why even bother? Those guilds likely dont care at that point what level they are, as does no one else.. 100+ would be more beneficial for new peoples than the current list..

Alex DeLarge wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Snitches get stitches 

Hey, go your ass back to page 1 and respond, the world wants to know!
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:40am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #38 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:47am
Print Post  
The original guild leader of Band of Gypsys still logs in. I think he may be offended if the current guild leader changes the name. Its been the same for about a decade. Get over it. Grow the fuck up. Oh and fran wipe cordo's cum of your face. Not a pretty sight.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #39 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 6:32am
Print Post  
exploytoften wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:47am:
I think he may be offended if the current guild leader changes the name.

Heaven knows that not offending anyone is priority one around here.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 11:10am
Print Post  
The original guild leader of Band of Gypsys still logs in. I think he may be offended if the current guild leader changes the name. Its been the same for about a decade. Get over it. Grow the fuck up. Oh and fran wipe cordo's cum of your face. Not a pretty sight.

It's more that the current guild leader gives no fucks about frantard being butthurt about the guild name and isn't going to spend the points to change it.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 11:37am
Print Post  
There's no point tracking guilds over level 150 until SSG adds new airship amenities that require a higher guild level.  Only misguided players base guild epeen on level.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 11:37am:
There's no point tracking guilds over level 150 until SSG adds new airship amenities that require a higher guild level.  Only misguided players base guild epeen on level.

While this is true. A higher guild level does typically represent more active playing time. That and also finishing things faster

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
(type jokes here about how the devs probably can't write a simple Select query).

Those wouldn't be jokes; they'd be explanations of why your joke was so funny ... which I guess is what you're asking for....

The devs can get this information in about 5 seconds with a quick query on their own databases

So here, I went ahead and highlighted the words that made me lol. "Own" also deserves a shoutout, but its humor is ironic and less out-loud-laughy.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I understand it's fun to make fun of the devs in that they are so incompetent but in this case Fran is just wasting his time thinking he's doing something useful.

Much like every time he rolls a character and can't figure out how to push 2 keys on the keyboard at the same time.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:12am:
Wait.. Why is he laying on a bed to play.. perhaps this could be his excuse for sucking at the game, more than even Stoddard?.. Wait.. maybe he IS Stoddard..

I lay on the couch, maybe that IS the problem....

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  

The original guild leader simply mispelt the word Gypsies. It was pointed out to him shortly after, and 0 fucks were given. 

We (myself and the current guild leader) actually had a conversation about changing the name to correct it once.  I seem to recall it went along the lines of "Have we ever looked into changing it?"  "Yea, but who cares?"  "Good point."

If you check the officer's chest on the guild ship you will find some random loot, a shit-ton of filligrees, and 0 fucks concerning the spelling of the guild name. 

Fran, a person who doesn't seem to bother playing the game, and has no interactions with the guild in question, seems to be the only person bothered by the word Gypsys.  That alone would be sufficient motivation to leave the name as it is.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #47 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Ya im not sure why fran got so worried about guild names and lvls on every fucking server.. i found that pretty fucking weird when he would spam people asking guild lvls.. id just ignored him. But im pretty sure many people just fucked with him..

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #48 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I don't have a problem with the word "Gypsy" but others do incl. the British Police!

You might laugh but the capitalisation and Grocer's {Butcher's if you prefer} Apostrophe really do get on my nerves every time I see that guildname!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnP5Axagpf4&feature=youtu.be
No it does not apply to forums that have special rules Smiley

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 2:17pm:
capitalisation and Grocer's {Butcher's if you prefer} Apostrophe really do get on my nerves

Yeah, but curly brackets and exclamation marks are fine. How much self awareness do you actually lack? Jesus, Fran.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint