Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guess y'all will see this anyway.... (Read 14276 times)
FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Guess y'all will see this anyway....
Jan 21st, 2018 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
So may as well post it here myself....

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/493494-Khyber-Guild-List-Updating

And https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq5HJ6rxugW2qlBXhHC49gg

Go ahead and roast me all you like Smiley

Lol...Just noticed I've got a title of "Dragon Raider" here? Are you sure you don't want to change that Strake Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2018 at 7:04pm by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Re: Guess y'all will see this anyway....
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
the only question i have, is why the fuck do you waste that much time caring about something that nobody gives two soggy fucks about?

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
the only question i have, is why the fuck do you waste that much time caring about something that nobody gives two soggy fucks about?

BECAUSE No-one else does!

I feel I have to.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
There's a reason no one else does, it's because nobody wants to waste all their time sucking at the game so badly and defending it with shitty posts about whose guild leveled up that week >.>

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There's a reason no one else does, it's because nobody wants to waste all their time sucking at the game so badly and defending it with shitty posts about whose guild leveled up that week >.>

This is what happens when you live in your parents attic and don't make a single buck to contribute.
I bet his mom is one of those Enabler types. Whatever the child does as long as he's not crying  Grin

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
You look just like the fat fuck I imagined you as.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Wait.. Why is he laying on a bed to play.. perhaps this could be his excuse for sucking at the game, more than even Stoddard?.. Wait.. maybe he IS Stoddard..

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Kill yourself, please.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:21am:
Kill yourself, please.

FRAN IS literally the most pointless mouth-breather on the interwebs and I've seen my fair share...
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2018 at 4:03am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:32am:
Literally the most pointless mouth-breather on the interwebs and I've seen my fair share...

Hey, how are those allegations working out for you? Find a new job yet?

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:58am
Print Post  

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 3:58am:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/groups-in-spains-gypsy-population-protest-derogator...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/michelle-obama-criticised-for-allegedly...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/546719/OAP-s-gypsy-insult-lands-him-in-the-cel...

And that was just with a cursory check at the first two pages on Google when typing "Gypsy derogatory" and only going to links from Mainstream Sources.

There are people who consider it a slur. Sorry.

EDIT: BTW I wasn't attacking said Guild just making an off the cuff observation with a note of caution, The way the world is today I could easily see some kid {say between 8 and 13} seeing that guild in-game every day and then using the word at school only to have police called {in England it could happen} - Better safe than sorry and maybe the Guild leader if he/she sees this might decide now is the time for a namechange anyway before perhaps some Romanian player actually does get offended?

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2018 at 6:30am by FranOhmsford »  

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 7:05am
Print Post  
all kinds of people, use this game for all kinds of purposes.  its cool you found a unique way to enjoy it.
I would not have the patience to go thru guild lists, nor the organizational skills. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:33am
Print Post  
There are a lot of things to make fun of Fran for, and he and I disagree quite often on opinions about game mechanics and direction of the game and I find his lack of posting etiquette to be intentionally obtuse , but I appreciate anyone who gives their free time to the community in some way.  Whether it is maintaining the wiki, doing a podcast, creating a contest on the forums, doing in game give aways, doing teaching raids, or maintaining pretty accurate and comprehensive guild listings.

So, much as I generally like to bash all things Fran, I'm not going to bash him for maintaining the guild listings.

Although, i agree with others on:

1)  You can't properly play DDO laying down.  When you put your upper body weight on one elbow, it limits that hand's mobility and arm's range of motion significantly.   Probably doesn't matter when running around in public areas, but if you are actually questing this way, that might be a factor in your frustration with any build that requires more than clicking two mouse buttons.

2)  If you google "Band of Gypsys" in Google, the first return is a Wikipedia post about the live album by Jimi Hendrix.  Nothing offensive about it all.   

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Wait, so now he's got beef with the guild i'm in? over names? XD just when i thought i couldn't hate frantard more >.>

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  
So nobody other than me is impressed that Fran went through puberty and could grow facial hair?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:09am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 9:29am:
So nobody other than me is impressed that Fran went through puberty and could grow facial hair?

i just assumed his mother's pussy fell off and grew a body

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Quote:

cordo pays him tp to keep track of guild levels. nigga is a snitch

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #18 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Fran, did you consider to ask SSG to send you a weekly excel list with all guilds and their lvls?
It should be a simple entry in a database...
Knowing Turbine SSG they employ several people like you to maintain such a list though.
Nevermind, move along.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #19 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:14am:
Fran, did you consider to ask SSG to send you a weekly excel list with all guilds and their lvls?
It should be a simple entry in a database...

You've heard of MyDDO right?

Snu Snu wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:14am:
Knowing Turbine SSG they employ several people like you to maintain such a list though.
Nevermind, move along.

Employ?

I WISH!!!

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:11am:
cordo pays him tp to keep track of guild levels. nigga is a snitch

Does he? News to me!

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:17am by FranOhmsford »  

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
i just wonder how many people actually care about all the time fran is putting into a list of guilds, like what purpose is it serving to the community? "aww look lords of deathslaughter made it to level 50! go them!" nobody gives a shit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
i just wonder how many people actually care about all the time fran is putting into a list of guilds, like what purpose is it serving to the community? "aww look lords of deathslaughter made it to level 50! go them!" nobody gives a shit.

Your guild has been level 200 for years.  I doubt it is something you guys talk about.  Ever.  But to a lot of guilds lower in the list, guild renown and level growth is still a topic of conversation.  Just not one that you might be experiencing in the channels you are in and the crowd you run with. 
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:33am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Fran, it just seems like you're posting a "Roast Me" picture by posting here. Are you one of those people that are looking for any kind of attention?

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am:
Your guild has been level 200 for years.  I doubt it is something you guys talk about.  Ever.  But to a lot of guilds lower in the list, guild renown and level growth is still a topic of conversation.  Just not one that you might be experiencing in the channels you are in and the crowd you run with. 

My guild just hit 100... the little *ding!* was kind of gratifying... but its not something we talk about.... mainly because I'm the only active member IN the guild   Cheesy

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 4:37am:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/groups-in-spains-gypsy-population-protest-derogator...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/michelle-obama-criticised-for-allegedly...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/546719/OAP-s-gypsy-insult-lands-him-in-the-cel...

And that was just with a cursory check at the first two pages on Google when typing "Gypsy derogatory" and only going to links from Mainstream Sources.

There are people who consider it a slur. Sorry.

EDIT: BTW I wasn't attacking said Guild just making an off the cuff observation with a note of caution, The way the world is today I could easily see some kid {say between 8 and 13} seeing that guild in-game every day and then using the word at school only to have police called {in England it could happen} - Better safe than sorry and maybe the Guild leader if he/she sees this might decide now is the time for a namechange anyway before perhaps some Romanian player actually does get offended?

Bless your little heart, Fran.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint