Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guess y'all will see this anyway.... (Read 14296 times)
Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Guess y'all will see this anyway....
Reply #75 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you'd make a great candidate to take the Tide Pod Challenge, then.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #76 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:44pm:
Sounds like you'd make a great candidate to take the Tide Pod Challenge, then.

You first Smiley

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:16pm:
You first Smiley

That retort was almost as good as a rubber / glue or your momma response. Almost.

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #78 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Well fran, as suggested above i tend to agree. Take the tide pod challenge. Post the video here at the vault. I'm sure we would all be happy to watch your "victory". As for your "severe" temper issues i think most of us would call that a tantrum. If you lost your temper with a toddler they would kick your sissy ass......LMFAO what a loser you are.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #79 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
My parents don't have a basement, I'm in the Loft!

If I could KEEP a job it might be worth me getting one but as I have severe depression and can't control my temper that is not gonna happen.

Severe depression and unable to control your temper sounds more like, i get sad then angry when I don't get what I want. More like a spoiled child. Might I suggest, growing up? I know, I know, you get less negative attention and a bit more positive attention that way. You also get the ability to problem solve and be a productive member of society.

Failing that, suicide is always an option. Remember, if at first you don't succeed... try, try again.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  

If I could KEEP a job it might be worth me getting one but as I have severe depression and can't control my temper that is not gonna happen.

So you're not gonna wipe Cordo's jizz off?  Ewwwww

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #81 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  

The vault is the wrong place for you. As is the internet tbh. You should know that, if you are in therapy/ getting treatment.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #82 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I'm not going to pretend to know Fran based on the limited interaction here or on the MoBo.  But, if you have severe depression and anger management, I'm pretty sure self isolating and spending a lot of time online or in video games is not a part of any recommended treatment program that I've heard of. 

I encourage you to make some healthy life choices.  Maybe some anti-depressants or mood stabilizers and some group and individual therapy and community activities and supports would be much more beneficial.  I'd look at taking up some exercise regimen as well.  Intense cardio or maybe working the heavy bag for a bit can be a healthy way to release that anger.  It's not so much about suppressing the anger as it is finding appropriate outlets and coping mechanisms.

Best of luck to you Fran.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #83 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 11:49am:
I'm not going to pretend to know Fran based on the limited interaction here or on the MoBo.  But, if you have severe depression and anger management, I'm pretty sure self isolating and spending a lot of time online or in video games is not a part of any recommended treatment program that I've heard of. 

I encourage you to make some healthy life choices.  Maybe some anti-depressants or mood stabilizers and some group and individual therapy and community activities and supports would be much more beneficial.  I'd look at taking up some exercise regimen as well.  Intense cardio or maybe working the heavy bag for a bit can be a healthy way to release that anger.  It's not so much about suppressing the anger as it is finding appropriate outlets and coping mechanisms.

Best of luck to you Fran.   

Agreed.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #84 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #85 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  

Do you even lift, Bro?!

No, seriously, do you? Even?

all I see are excuses to continue failing at life... Undecided

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Serious questions:

What’s your plan for when the parents are gone?
Are you on public assistance?
Do you know how to cook for yourself?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #87 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  

The more you tell us about you, the more you seem to be describing someone in crisis.

People usually react by giving whatever advice they imagine would work for them if they were in your situation. Then they're done trying, because that's their luxury. They're not in your situation, and they can "fix" your problem by ignoring you. It hurts most when the people closest to you stop trying.

Sorry. Sometimes you get shit luck, and those you need most to be able to help you, are themselves in over their heads. Other times the shit luck is due to the nature of the challenge. No one can help you find motivation or meaning, if you're depressed. The best they can do is accept it as the truth. It's a sucky truth, but the truth nonetheless.

(Also, fake smiles. Seriously. Those muscles are hard-wired into the emotions. We say "fake", but there's a real effect. It isn't huge, but it's something. Additionally, there's growing evidence that sticking to a regular sleep schedule makes emotion regulation easier. I know, waking up isn't exactly easy. But if you can do it, it will reward you with fewer roller-coaster temper rides.)

The Vault will gladly help you in pointing out how sucky your truth is. For acceptance ... well, that's one of those no-one-can-help things. If you get a dog, maybe eventually you'll come to believe the dog. Still, acceptance is on you. No matter who or where you look to get it from, they can't give it if you don't have any to receive it with. That's a Catch-22. It's basically impossible. Almost like Life itself is saying "Fuck You".

But there is, finally, the absolute perfect place for anger. Fuck You right back, Life. If life is shitting on you, it's right to feel mad. You deserve that anger. You are worth it.

And now, The Vault can help again. Just look at all the people who find you worth getting angry over.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #88 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 5:15pm:
The more you tell us about you, the more you seem to be describing someone in crisis.

People usually react by giving whatever advice they imagine would work for them if they were in your situation. Then they're done trying, because that's their luxury. They're not in your situation, and they can "fix" your problem by ignoring you. It hurts most when the people closest to you stop trying.

Sorry. Sometimes you get shit luck, and those you need most to be able to help you, are themselves in over their heads. Other times the shit luck is due to the nature of the challenge. No one can help you find motivation or meaning, if you're depressed. The best they can do is accept it as the truth. It's a sucky truth, but the truth nonetheless.

(Also, fake smiles. Seriously. Those muscles are hard-wired into the emotions. We say "fake", but there's a real effect. It isn't huge, but it's something. Additionally, there's growing evidence that sticking to a regular sleep schedule makes emotion regulation easier. I know, waking up isn't exactly easy. But if you can do it, it will reward you with fewer roller-coaster temper rides.)

The Vault will gladly help you in pointing out how sucky your truth is. For acceptance ... well, that's one of those no-one-can-help things. If you get a dog, maybe eventually you'll come to believe the dog. Still, acceptance is on you. No matter who or where you look to get it from, they can't give it if you don't have any to receive it with. That's a Catch-22. It's basically impossible. Almost like Life itself is saying "Fuck You".

But there is, finally, the absolute perfect place for anger. Fuck You right back, Life. If life is shitting on you, it's right to feel mad. You deserve that anger. You are worth it.

And now, The Vault can help again. Just look at all the people who find you worth getting angry over.

Brilliant Post, Thank You Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7c4yqdmOkU
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:52am by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #89 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
You watch too much daytime TV.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint