Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: Do something about the f*cking "dailys" (Read 5443 times)
Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Do something about the f*cking "dailys"
Jan 28th, 2018 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Or maybe, just maybe... Hear me out here.... You could suck it up and post your own god damn LFM you wankstain.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Well... if they change the dailies to have shit xp... there will just be new dailies of the 2nd tier shit.. and so on (3rd tier) and so on (4th tier) til its nurfed to getting shit xp everywhere..

The same thing happens to builds/classes.. people find one that may be the best.. people cry to nurf the fuck out of it over and over til its complete shit and lesser than other builds.. so.. these smart people start playing the next best one left..

same shit happens... crying to nurf the fuck out of it. And then many different variations of that and the last build is flushed down the toilet too.. this keeps happening til everything is total shit..

But.. even tho all there is left around are piles of shit builds.. one of those of the pile of shit left, will be the least shittiest of those left.. and people will play it.. and then the cycle continues.. this is ddo..

Nurf everything for the 10 people bitching on the mobo.. then nurf whats left after that once the bitching peaks again.. and then dont fix shit else thats actually wrong/broken with the game.. just nurf some more shit.. making shit better is too hard..
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2018 at 10:43am by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Said it before: DDO needs to implement the EQ equivalent of hotzones to incentivize variety further.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 11:51am:
Said it before: DDO needs to implement the EQ equivalent of hotzones to incentivize variety further.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones

So...

Basically a continuous rotating "zone Festival" with better XP and loot drops on standard quests.

Not the worst idea I've heard.

Especially considering that there's an event of some kind running more often than not these days.

I would imagine back-end server issues and lag concerns are the two main reasons this hasn't happened yet.

See: Mabar- The Endless Lag (historic)

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 12:40pm:
So...

Basically a continuous rotating "zone Festival" with better XP and loot drops on standard quests.

Not the worst idea I've heard.

Especially considering that there's an event of some kind running more often than not these days.

I would imagine back-end server issues and lag concerns are the two main reasons this hasn't happened yet.

See: Mabar- The Endless Lag (historic)

Many people (myself included) have suggested this.

Not the loot part which isn't necessary and wouldn't discourage people from running dailies (or the same set of content every life when grinding past lives), but the xp part - in addition to the weekend bonus, rotate between less popular packs increasing the xp awarded for that week to encourage folks to run them.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else irritated by people posting for a massive list of quests with bad to mediocre xp x2 or is that only a thing on Cannith?

Spoiler alert: just because you can run every quest in the game twice on normal doesn't mean you should.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure I understand all the vitriol on the behalf of OP. I'm also not sure I really care, to be honest. I'm more inclined to agree with Daggertooth here.

I do think something should be done about dailies. Of course, SSG would interpret that as "oh, that means we need to nerf the exp to Spies, VoN3, and Chamber of Raiyum," but that's not really the best way to go about that. Rather than nerf the experience to those, I think it'd be more productive to buff the experience to most other quests. Why would people run Druid's, High Road, the rest of Sentinels or VoN 1/2/4, etc. when the experience is just terrible in comparison to the "dailies?"

You have a select few quests which are good exp (Spies, VoN3, Raiyum, Two Toed Tobias, and Mirror/What Goes Up to a lesser extent), but I think it'd be healthier for the game's balance and progression if every other quest were brought up to par and had exp balancing akin to those. That would give players more freedom to pick and choose which quests they do. It'd overall be a lot more fun than being forced into doing certain quests if you want to be efficient. I suppose the same principle applies to the heroic game as well, but the disparity between different quest experience values isn't as egregious there, and most people run every (or most every) quest in heroic for bravery anyway.

Carpone's hotzone idea isn't a bad one either.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Lately I have just been starting RL at 20 on EN.  Move up to EH then EE.  With the saga factored in the xp is average and I am at least getting some of the named items I am missing, filigrees, and sentient xp.  Run it 4-5 times in heroics also.  Might slow down once I get all the loot but it is still decent xp.  Really helps it is all in one spot and the guides remove walking.  I still do other things but I don't have to farm dailies or do BB in bad xp quests anymore.

Next time I hit 20, which may be awhile, I will be testing if I can just do REEEHNC of Sealed in Amber and get to 21.  Both The Hooded One and the Soldier don't require any kills and can be done in <80 seconds.  The reaper will be tough but the wolves can be done while within range of the first shrine and the hags on the lower east side shouldn't be hard.  The 25% chance of card can be streaky though.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
what about making Experience a big part of the next adventure pack to drop.  instead of bringing "new-improved" loot, bring a pack with one quest that will give us 200K exp in 6 minutes.  or whatever, just make the next pack be desired for experience, and not Loot Better Than Ravenloft.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
I don't do dailys, I find them boring.  I'd rather work on Sagas or ever slayer and mix things up to get my xp.

That said, what does it fucking matter how other people are spending their time on the hamster wheel?  If it works for them, whatever.  Leave them be.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
I don't do dailys, I find them boring.  I'd rather work on Sagas or ever slayer and mix things up to get my xp.

That said, what does it fucking matter how other people are spending their time on the hamster wheel?  If it works for them, whatever.  Leave them be.

So much this.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 28th, 2018 at 6:23pm:

I don't have anything against people who prefer to grind their choice of two or three quests daily for EXP. Live and let live.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with a suggestion to give everyone more options, is there? Why not have every quest give experience that's at least somewhat comparable to that which you can expect from Spies or VoN3? That way, people who love Spies and VoN3 could grind those to their heart's content, while those who love Precious Cargo or A Small Problem can also enjoy their time in the epic game. Everyone wins, right?

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't have anything against people who prefer to grind their choice of two or three quests daily for EXP. Live and let live.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with a suggestion to give everyone more options, is there? Why not have every quest give experience that's at least somewhat comparable to that which you can expect from Spies or VoN3? That way, people who love Spies and VoN3 could grind those to their heart's content, while those who love Precious Cargo or A Small Problem can also enjoy their time in the epic game. Everyone wins, right?

No, of course you can suggest that. It is just that I don't agree with you. That doesn't mean I am right. I most probably am wrong because I play for content and not xp/min and/or powergrind. So I am certainly not a target group.
From my perspective it is unnecessary.
I would go for the no xp at all variant. How about you have to play X amount of min in a lvl and then you are able to lvl up?
From my side of the table that looks rather attractive from your side I imgaine - with little efford - not so much.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Quote:

Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't realize we were suddenly talking about a competent company.  I didn't realize we were talking about a company that makes good decisions.

I thought we were talking about Turbine.

Do you think that complaining that all the trees aren't as tall as the big ones are going to get them to get off their asses and fix the problem?

Or are they just going to cut the two tallest trees down because that's way easier?

And that's all this approach is going to get you, ruining a good thing for other people.

What needs to be done is someone needs to make a list of quests with crappy XP that need a boost.  Do the leg work for them, petition to have a half a dozen specific quests or a few weaker chains to get their xp raised to being worth running, and then actually support each other on the motherboards to be able to shout louder and more logically about the positive change than the "OMG don't change things ever" fucktard paladins.

That might improve the game a little.  Anything else is going to result in an xp nerf that makes the game harder.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 5:49am
Print Post  
"Dailyes" are innevitable as long as there exists mechanics that gives XP for completed quest. (Contrary to for example XP for time played as in EvE online).
But maybe even then there still be some "dailyes" as long as different quests gives different loot.
But maybe even when all loot in all quests is completely random and given per time not per completion and XP is given for time not for completion then still be some "dailyes" because some are just more popular.

You only can influence which quests will be more likely dailyes.
World where no dailyes exists is world where.
1.) All XP is given for time spend in game only.
2.) Loot is generated for time spend in game only.
3.) No matter what portal you choose you are transported in random dungeon and you cant recall into another random dungeon until you finish this one.

Well i dont know but i choose world we have now any day instead Cheesy

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 6:49am
Print Post  
I do Mirror or Spies now and then but there's always something you haven't done yet on reaper streak or elite first time. Almost always duo ( mistakes happen even on 1 or 2 skulls epic ) and seldom pug though ( rather take 1 mins longer on the boss than hjeal spam 300 hp wizards in fatesinger 1 ).

10 skull Amber twice daily if you have caster at cap and can return the favour.

At level lower epic reaper is doomed.

But if people choose to do same retarded EN Vons every day ( even twice lol ) it's their business.
Funny enough, many quests are better xp / min as "dailies" ( Tracker, Fathom, Friends etc ... ) .
WGU sucks.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 6:58am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Hot zones: XP only, with a three month cycle. The "What's in it for me?" should be obvious for SSG: Sell more adventure packs.  People will buy them at the beginning of the hot zone cycle for retail price to maximum revenue, then SSG can put the pack on sale halfway through the cycle for the frugal players.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:19am
Print Post  
I mostly do EE/R1 streaks for epics to level when I'm doing an Iconic or TR to 30.  A) It is more fun and B) it is faster with all the bonuses.  Particularly from 20-26.  A LoD, VoN, MoTU, Druids, High Road, GH run is all you need.  It can get a bit tedious after that.  Particularly if you are on just an ER and aren't getting first time bonuses. 

I also use dailies more when doing a PL build that isn't particularly powerful.  But I just want the heroic/iconic PL. 

I like the flexibility of them being there.  Right now there are a lot more players in game than there were.  So getting groups isn't too difficult.   But, there was a time when dailies was the the best option for getting through epic levels.  I don't think eliminating that option is a good idea.

I'd rather see them offer first time bonuses and reset adventure areas after ER.  That would help a lot to making other content more appealing without having to rework the whole XP system.  (which is a pipe dream).  I like Carpone's suggestion as well.  It is also a low coding time way to enhance XP in a variety of content.  And not just XP, but loot, etc.  Would be great.   

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Another idea is when you log on you can hit a button to send out a DM Challenge or a Reaper Challenge. The system will then choose a quest at random and pump up the xp and reaper xp and send out a beacon to everyone in level range .. it might also loosen up the level restrictions depending on how many people are ungrouped and in level range.   So it sends out like a DM Deal with heavily increased xp (and reaper xp) and the first 5 people to accept it are automatically moved to the dungeon.   Then  you can continue the Reaper Challenge without leaving the dungeon and the game will automatically select a new dungeon and move everyone there who wants to continue.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:27am:
send out a beacon to everyone in level range

This kind of spammy activity would be something that people need to be able to block/opt out of, like going anonymous.  I, personally, would find it annoying to get "beaconed" by a bunch of players I don't know. 

I have channels for making reaper groups.  They work really well for me.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #19 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:19am:
I'd rather see them offer first time bonuses and reset adventure areas after ER.  That would help a lot to making other content more appealing without having to rework the whole XP system.  (which is a pipe dream).  I like Carpone's suggestion as well.  It is also a low coding time way to enhance XP in a variety of content.  And not just XP, but loot, etc.  Would be great.   

This is great too.

The systems are already in place with Buddy Bonus/Crafting XP/Whatever Bonus Weekends...

They just set the start and end dates, and quests to be affected during that block of time.

I am one of "Those People" who runs EN several times to grind my gimps through Epics.

Having an option to run ANYTHING but that would be great, since my game time is limited and the ROI for other quests simply isn't there (unless you're Uber, which my toons certainly are not).

These are much more elegant solutions to the lack of content (the real deal-killer IMHO) in Epic than hoping for SSG to generate 50 more Epic quests with reasonable XP.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Levels 20-27 are going to continue to be light on content because there is no plan to fill in those level ranges with new content.   Heroics and legendary will keep getting a version of each new pack.  So, the library from 1-20 and 28+ keeps expanding, but 20-27 is pretty well stagnant.  Tower of Frost is the only "Epic" dungeon released recently at Level 28.  The first Epic dungeon released since Legendary came out in December, 2015. 

And I can see why.  But it creates a content gap that is only growing between levels 20-27 and the other 22 levels in the game. 

The lowest number of dungeons at any heroic level is 13.  With 14 dungeons.  (level 12, 14, 16, and 17 are tied for 2nd place with 15 dungeons).   

Level 28 has 3 dungeons - Brothers of the Forge, Haunted Halls, and Tower of Frost

Level 29 has 4 dungeons - Orchard rehashes

Level 25 has 6 dungeons - 3BC rehashes and Fall of Truth Raid.

Level 27 has 5 dungeons - Stormhorns Chain.

Level 23 has 7 dungeons - Druids chain and MoTU Chain 3.

Level 26 has 9 dungeons - Madness Chain and Wheloon.   

Level 24 is solid thanks to GH rehashes and Level 21 and 22 benefit from the Old Epics Rehashes filling out their ranks.  (But if you back out rehashed content they have 6, 4, and 6 respectively).

And none of that is going to improve.  After you get past GH at 24, it becomes slim pickings for epic dungeons.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Lack of content at specific levels is not as big of an issue at 20+ as it is for 1-19. Because while you can only group with a 3 level spread on heroic, you can freely group with any other level 20-30 characters while you do those levels. (Unless you're doing BB, but epic BB is still less level range restrictive than heroic BB, if less intuitive.)
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:09pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
Lack of content at specific levels is not as big of an issue at 20+ as it is for 1-19. Because while you can only group with a 3 level spread on heroic, you can freely group with any other level 20-30 characters while you do those levels. (Unless you're doing BB, but epic BB is still less level range restrictive than heroic BB, if less intuitive.)

That solves a grouping issue.  Not a "there's not much else to do" issue.

How many levels in heroics can you say "If I just run the quests at Quest Level X to get from Level X to the next level, I won't have enough XP"?   

Take the worst:  Level 13.  If you start at 1,140,000 XP (beginning of 13) and run the 14 dungeons that are level 13 on elite, will you end up at 1,350,000 (level 14)?  That is 210k of xp. 

The answer is yes.  Using the base XP + First Time Bonus + No Rentry + No Death + Guild Shrine + Voice/Heroic/Gift = 222,580 xp.   That is with no tome of learning, no xp pot of any sort, and no crate/kills/traps bonuses of any sort or optional XP of any sort.  Easy peasy. 

Try that with Epic Level 28.  Or 25.  Or 27.   Get 800k+ XP out of 3 to 5 quests.  At level 25, including the FoT raid, you would get 439k of XP (without XP tomes or pots running or any in quest bonuses or optional xp).  You need 850k.  (Yes, you can get there if you have the best tomes, best XP pots, and get some breakables and kills, etc bonuses)  Then try it on a re-run without the first time bonuses.  Now you are only getting 203k.  Now you can't get there.  You have to pull from other levels or re-run content. 

There is a content gap that dailies fill independent of grouping issues. 

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:15pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Keep in mind epic quests have s wider range for B.B., this can be staggered. In addition you also have challenges 1st time, Thunderholme, KF snd orchard slayer.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:19am:
I'd rather see them offer first time bonuses and reset adventure areas after ER. 

This.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint