Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: Do something about the f*cking "dailys" (Read 5458 times)
Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Re: Do something about the f*cking "dailys"
Reply #25 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:08pm:
There is a content gap that dailies fill independent of grouping issues.

This.

Also bear in mind that Bravery Bonus is something of a red herring:

If you ran the Heroic version of the epic chains (Like Phiarlan Carnival) you are no longer eligible for BB in the Epic versions (unless this mechanic has been changed, AFAIK, it has not been).

That kills Carnival and Sands right there.

Likewise, for those people who are Hella Pro, knocking out EE at level for BB might not be a problem, but as a less invested player, I look and say:

"Well, I could probably get this done... But I could run it twice normal or Hard then Normal for more XP in Less time. Fuck the BB."

It's still faster for me to run WizKing twice true Solo than to try to hit it EBB first time (which i won't get, because it's part of the Lvl 12 Heroic cycle).

After that, you're back to grinding again. S/R/E and challenges (also a crap shoot because of RNG) are stop gaps measures at best.

Challenges are also "First Time, best Time" XP because of their stars system. Half of them are still broken so they can't be completed for Max XP or rewards anyway.

Asheras was right when he said BB and adventure areas should reset on ER.

Why that hasn't happened is a mystery to me.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2018 at 9:37am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #26 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Dailies are for shitters. Who cares.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:08pm:
That solves a grouping issue.  Not a "there's not much else to do" issue.

How many levels in heroics can you say "If I just run the quests at Quest Level X to get from Level X to the next level, I won't have enough XP"?   

Take the worst:  Level 13.  If you start at 1,140,000 XP (beginning of 13) and run the 14 dungeons that are level 13 on elite, will you end up at 1,350,000 (level 14)?  That is 210k of xp. 

The answer is yes.  Using the base XP + First Time Bonus + No Rentry + No Death + Guild Shrine + Voice/Heroic/Gift = 222,580 xp.   That is with no tome of learning, no xp pot of any sort, and no crate/kills/traps bonuses of any sort or optional XP of any sort.  Easy peasy. 

Try that with Epic Level 28.  Or 25.  Or 27.   Get 800k+ XP out of 3 to 5 quests.  At level 25, including the FoT raid, you would get 439k of XP (without XP tomes or pots running or any in quest bonuses or optional xp).  You need 850k.  (Yes, you can get there if you have the best tomes, best XP pots, and get some breakables and kills, etc bonuses)  Then try it on a re-run without the first time bonuses.  Now you are only getting 203k.  Now you can't get there.  You have to pull from other levels or re-run content. 

There is a content gap that dailies fill independent of grouping issues. 

I'm not saying there's no gap, I'm saying it's not as big of a deal at that level range. Obviously if you are self-imposing a made-up restriction on not running anything more than once, then you shouldn't also self-impose a made-up restriction on not running anything above your current level. (Also s/r/e is a thing and handy for filling gaps, obviously save that xp for last if you are chain ERing and also restricting yourself as above.)

Anyway, IDFC because I'll run legendary content at level 20. I did a TR just running the RL saga on EN every day to farm named loot, filigrees, and sentient jewels.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #28 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:46pm:
I'm not saying there's no gap, I'm saying it's not as big of a deal at that level range. Obviously if you are self-imposing a made-up restriction on not running anything more than once, then you shouldn't also self-impose a made-up restriction on not running anything above your current level. (Also s/r/e is a thing and handy for filling gaps, obviously save that xp for last if you are chain ERing and also restricting yourself as above.)

Anyway, IDFC because I'll run legendary content at level 20. I did a TR just running the RL saga on EN every day to farm named loot, filigrees, and sentient jewels.

The made up restrictions were just to illustrate the content gap.  Not because that's what people would actually do.  But my point is that on a 2nd ER (where you have no BB or slayers or explorers or challenge 1st timers to help), you need to do repeat runs heavily.  Of something.  Be it dailies, RL, the quests at that level, whatever.   

This whole thread was started with the concept that repeat running the same content was negative and should be "fixed".  However, as you showed, it is a viable, and necessary to some degree, strategy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint