Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Producer's Letter 2018 (Read 11446 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Producer's Letter 2018
Jan 30th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/493698-Letter-from-Executive-Producer-...

Greetings!

Our first year as Standing Stone Games is behind us, and we want to thank our fans for being part of a wonderful year. We feel truly fortunate to have wonderful players, and we are excited for the upcoming year. I wanted to take some time to talk about our plans for the upcoming months. The reason we are here is because YOU are here, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Update 38 will arrive this Spring, and will return adventurers to Eberron. The magic that has long protected Stormreach is failing, and a strange plague is sweeping through the city. You'll join forces with the healers of House Jorasco to find a cure and save your adopted home. This new adventure pack will be level 14 on Heroic difficulty, and level 31 on Legendary difficulty. Part of this work will allow us to tweak House Jorasco as well, to help players get around the space.

We will also be doing a bit of work on the Anniversary Event, including some new event rewards, as we celebrate DDO's 12th year! We will have a special gift for players as well, but do not want to spoil the surprise.

One of the things we have long heard from you about is the desire to have a third Artificer Enhancement tree, and we're pleased to be able to say that the Renegade Mastermaker will be coming in the near future. This tree will focus on improving your Repair spells, Curative Admixtures, personal Defense, and building things to buff both yourself and your allies. We also intend to add a third Favored Soul tree, update the Cleric Warpriest, and do extensive work on the Druid class. For Druid, we will be working on the core of the class, its animal forms, and both of its existing enhancement trees in addition to a brand new enhancement tree.

Another thing we have long wanted to do is update our Treasure of Crystal Cove event, and we intend to start doing that work in the coming months by updating the reward list. Speaking of events, we have plans for Night Revels to update the public space to work similar to the Challenge system its dungeons use, and add a new dungeon for our favorite Halloween event. October is historically one of our biggest months, and we think you'll love what we have in store.

Next, we are pleased to announce our next classic adventure! An eccentric wizard has hidden three famous Sentient weapons inside of a volcano, and challenged all comers to try to retrieve them. Can you make it through fiendish obstacles and deadly traps? Have you guessed the pack yet? It's White Plume Mountain, a classic 1979 dungeon that was also recently brought to 5th Edition in the Tales from the Yawning Portal book. We'll be giving this intense test of skill the DDO treatment later this summer in an adventure pack that will also feature several other stand-alone dungeons themed around wizards and their arcane environments.

We are happy with the feedback we received about Sentient Weapons with the release of Mists of Ravenloft, and plan to continue to support that system in 2018. In addition to the Sentient Weapons available in White Plume Mountain, we intend to add a Kobold-themed Sentient Jewel for our 12th Anniversary, and create a Dragon-themed jewel for an as-yet unannounced release date.

We have another big announcement to make later this year, but we're not ready to hint about that news yet, sorry. Stay tuned soon for an announcement about an adventure that has been on many of our players' wish lists for years. We can't wait to tell you about it!

On behalf of everyone on the Dungeons & Dragons Online team, we thank you for your support. We've been humbled by the response to the Mists of Ravenloft, and we look forward to continuing our amazing tabletop-to-screen journey with you in 2018 and beyond!

Sev~
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2018 at 7:38pm by Snu Snu »  

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Prdoucer's Letter 2018
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
FvS enhancement pass was first mentioned in the Sep 2016 producer's letter.

In the January 2017 producer letter, Sev stated: we'd like to look at Cleric, Favored Soul, Druid, and Artificer, and do other class work as necessary.

Not holding my breath.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Re: Prdoucer's Letter 2018
Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
FvS enhancement pass was first mentioned in the Sep 2016 producer's letter.

In the January 2017 producer letter, Sev stated: we'd like to look at Cleric, Favored Soul, Druid, and Artificer, and do other class work as necessary.

Not holding my breath.

domains added a ton for clerics, little for fvs. Arti was updated in 2016, just need a 3rd tree really.

Druid needs some rework, and is the only one I agree with you on being skeptical about.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Producer's Letter 2018
Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
Part of this work will allow us to tweak House Jorasco as well, to help players get around the space.

It's Harbor 2.0 all over again. Everyone's gonna feel like a noob again Cheesy

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 12:08am
Print Post  
I may come back to play through white plume once.
I dug that module

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 12:08am:
I may come back to play through white plume once.
I dug that module

Stop being a coon and play through Ravenloft.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:52am:
Stop being a coon and play through Ravenloft.

This.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
The reason we are here is because YOU are here

Goddamnit. I knew I was doing something wrong.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
One of the things we have long heard from you about is the desire to have a third Artificer Enhancement tree, and we're pleased to be able to say that the Renegade Mastermaker will be coming in the near future.

I will consider this a win if they include body armour feats for the goddamed dog.

That Dreadcursed Defender docent is just a slap in the face right now.

This tree will focus on improving your Repair spells, Curative Admixtures, personal Defense, and building things to buff both yourself and your allies.

This however, does not fill me with confidence that the above will happen.

We also intend to add a third Favored Soul tree, update the Cleric Warpriest, and do extensive work on the Druid class.

Good.

For Druid, we will be working on the core of the class, its animal forms, and both of its existing enhancement trees in addition to a brand new enhancement tree.

Not good. Animal forms are the reason Druid is perpetually borked. Druid does need its 3rd tree, but I shudder to think what they'll come up with (Master Summoner would be ideal, but that's a pipe dream).

Another thing we have long wanted to do is update our Treasure of Crystal Cove event, and we intend to start doing that work in the coming months by updating the reward list. Speaking of events, we have plans for Night Revels to update the public space to work similar to the Challenge system its dungeons use, and add a new dungeon for our favorite Halloween event.

All good.

Next, we are pleased to announce our next classic adventure! An eccentric wizard has hidden three famous Sentient weapons inside of a volcano, and challenged all comers to try to retrieve them. Can you make it through fiendish obstacles and deadly traps? Have you guessed the pack yet? It's White Plume Mountain, a classic 1979 dungeon that was also recently brought to 5th Edition in the Tales from the Yawning Portal book.

Still good. If this is more like Ravenloft and less like ToEE, it's a win. Basically I want a non-ugly Slavers with less boredom.

Now we play the waiting game and see how they do. They're riding high on a wave of goodwill since Ravenloft beat the Vegas Odds and was great content.

Hopefully they can keep that ball rolling.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Why are there so many lvl 14 quests? There are way too many. They need to make these lvl 17. Not shit to play at lvl 17 that are worth a shit.. but way too many 14s

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
The 18-20 crawl still needs work, I nearly died of bordem completing it this life. Could def use some more content over there.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
White Plume Mountain

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 6:17pm:
Why are there so many lvl 14 quests? There are way too many. They need to make these lvl 17. Not shit to play at lvl 17 that are worth a shit.. but way too many 14s

I'm not exactly sure why this matters. The XP sucks on all the new quests anyway so the most you could possibly get is slightly better gear for a level or two.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Idc about the standard xp..

that reaper xp tho... that will be good.

But more quests in general at 17 would be good. The only one we run is sane asylum.. The rest are shit..

Idc about gear either.. maybe weapons? Other than that? Dont need it.. Get your crafting lvls up son...

There are just too many 14s worth running where you double cap with a chain left to do. But only 1 lvl 17 good enough to run.. (theres that other one in the harbor but i cant kill constucts for shit). Id even take moe lvl 18s over 14s.. wtf?

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:25am
Print Post  
plan to continue to support that system in 2018

This is new. When have the Devs planned to support any new system beyond an update or two?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:30am
Print Post  
The generally cradle the sperm offsprings of Sev's dick, in appearances at least.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:50pm:
Idc about the standard xp..
The only one we run is sane asylum.. The rest are shit..

I'm not sure what "we" you're referring to, but I run lord of stone every life and monastery/etk most lives. LoS and etk can be soloed on 4 fairly quickly and easily, mon is fast and easy if you have two decent players for the end.

While they (obviously) aren't in the same rxp/minute bracket as iq, they're acceptable when you take into consideration their excellent regular xp/min.

I completely agree that there's plenty to do at 14 and we could use more decent rxp quests at 17, but there's no reason to assume that whatever they added would be worth running for rxp. I highly doubt that's a design goal of theirs.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 6:17pm:

Considering the difference in difficulty between older and newer quests these actually WILL BE Lvl 17 quests just placed at 14 so if you run them at 18 their xp will be a joke!

Every quest the Devs have released post Eveningstar could and really should be upped by at least one base level, some by 2 or 3 and ToEE by 5! {Heroic that is, the Epic Levels are fine}.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:36am:
monastery/etk most lives

I see monastery ran very frequently.  Not sure why, I fucking hate that quest (the whole chain really) and there's way, way better, quicker XP to be had in Estar.

Pseudonym wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:36am:
I run lord of stone every life

Also run frequently.  First two aren't bad xp per minute and number one choices around that level if you have a 1st or 2nd life toon with no Estar key.  4th has decent xp but...fucking hate those last two quests.  If I have a key to Estar, I never run them. 

Personally I wish they'd bump the xp up for the devil's battlefield quests.  The quests are decent (except maybe that piece of shit throw the switches one) and fairly quick, it's the XP that keeps them from being worth the effort.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:33am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:13pm:
The 18-20 crawl still needs work, I nearly died of bordem completing it this life. Could def use some more content over there.

YES.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Per the Wiki, the weakest content level in heroics  is 13.  With only 14 quests at that level.  Followed by 12, 14, 16, and 17 with only 15 each.  So that 12-17 stretch is low on content, for sure. 

So setting it at 14 is right in the middle of that weak stretch.   I agree, though, that the presence of the GH Saga mitigates that content area's weakness, to some degree.  As does the run times and high XP of the GH walk ups and the presence of two of the better XP grinds in the game in Wiz King at 12 and Litany at 15. 

Level 18 and 19 are actually very well populated.  Level 19 has 21 quests.  All of Stormhorns (5), all of LoB/MA flaggers (3), all of Shavarath (original) (6), all of IQ2 flaggers(3),  The Riddle, and Murder By Night.  There just aren't many low run time/high XP quests or XP grind quests in 18 and 19.  Which makes it feel like a slog.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
They need to get Steve & Zack to do the White Plume Mountain DM narrating.....

http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/white-plume-kelpie/1/

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 6:37am:
I see monastery ran very frequently.  Not sure why, I fucking hate that quest (the whole chain really) and there's way, way better, quicker XP to be had in Estar.

Monastery and etk are both excellent xp/min if you're playing a proper character and know them, but they're also the sort of quests that a clueless pug with bad builds can do painfully slowly and/or wipe attempting.

You might want to revisit them, they're very much worth doing.

My level 17 xp typically looks something like
rainbow, rwtd (since the only vale quest I had room for before capping was dust), sane asylum, lord of stone, etk, monastery a couple times (if I'm not alone. If I'm alone, I add thorn and paw and don't do monastery on more than r1 since I usually have to kill the guy and I don't want to be there all day).

Skoodge wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 6:37am:
Personally I wish they'd bump the xp up for the devil's battlefield quests.  The quests are decent (except maybe that piece of shit throw the switches one) and fairly quick, it's the XP that keeps them from being worth the effort.

The only one that I run (unless I'm out of yugo pots) is sins, which is good xp and rxp/min if you can zerg it.

Raising the xp wouldn't make me run more than one additional quest out there because at that level rxp is my priority and I'm already nearly capped with the stuff I run. That having been said, they should still raise the xp of most of them because I don't think making quests worth running should be contingent on whether or not I personally would run them. Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 10:38am:
Level 18 and 19 are actually very well populated.  Level 19 has 21 quests.  All of Stormhorns (5), all of LoB/MA flaggers (3), all of Shavarath (original) (6), all of IQ2 flaggers(3),  The Riddle, and Murder By Night.  There just aren't many low run time/high XP quests or XP grind quests in 18 and 19.  Which makes it feel like a slog.

They are definitely well-populated, just with TERRIBLE XP-quests. Some of my favorite quests are actually in that range, but they just aren't worth doing. Its very hard to get a full group to do a quest that's only worth 9,000 XP when you need 500,000 to cap.

Yes I know about soloing and short-manning, but I soloed so much in my early days that now I only want to be in groups Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:25am:
This is new. When have the Devs planned to support any new system beyond an update or two?

No, they always plan to. Their plans are utter shit, however, and their "support" is worse.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint