Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Producer's Letter 2018 (Read 11494 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: Producer's Letter 2018
Reply #50 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 11:01am:
How are you getting 35k rxp per hour? Are you running 3 r10 quests with full first time bonuses within one hour? Also, that requires to be at cal, which is counterproductive to racial tring.

Nope just on repeat.

r10 amber 4492 + 1036  2 : 30
r 6 sub   2722 + 628   6 : 30
r 6 mult  3360 + 672   10
r 6 grim  3360 + 672   7
r 7 mem   3386 + 781   9

21 109  35 mins
about 36k per hour

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #51 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Ya that amber one is really fast i hear.. but gotta fish for the right instance or something.. thats really fast xp then..
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:14am by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #52 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
Hard for me to believe people actually follow some kind of "list".

...so I don't really bother with higher skulls in heroics. 2 or 3 skulls tops.

I run more or less the same quests every life, but I don't follow a "list" or anything. An efficient amount of skulls varies from player to player (and depends on the content you're running) but my general rule for TRing is that I run the highest skull that I'm reasonably confident about soloing in an amount of time that isn't significantly longer than running it on r1. For most quests once I reach level 11, that's 4-5 skulls.

Efficiency has less to do with skulls than it does what your build/skill level can handle.

Wipe wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
Also you get like 30 - 35k rxp per hour from dailies at cap
21 109  35 mins...about 36k per hour

You're getting a finite amount of rxp running dailies, so framing it as "x amount of rxp per hour" is extremely misleading.

According to the list that you posted of the dailies that you run, you're actually getting 21k per day. Heroic leveling can easily net you double or triple that.

If your goal is to get reaper xp and you have plenty of time to play, running rxp dailies at cap is extremely inefficient.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:11pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #53 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:13am:
Ya that amber one is really fast i hear.. but gotta fish for the right instance or something.. thats really fast xp then..

I don't think fishing time was included in the estimate.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:09pm:
I run more or less the same quests every life, but I don't follow a "list" or anything. An efficient amount of skulls varies from player to player (and depends on the content you're running) but my general rule for TRing is that I run the highest skull that I'm reasonably confident about soloing in an amount of time that isn't significantly longer than running it on r1. For most quests once I reach level 11, that's 4-5 skulls.

Efficiency has less to do with skulls than it does what your build/skill level can handle.

You're getting a finite amount of rxp running dailies, so framing it as "x amount of rxp per hour" is extremely misleading.

According to the list that you posted of the dailies that you run, you're actually getting 21k per day. Heroic leveling can easily net you double or triple that.

If your goal is to get reaper xp and you have plenty of time to play, running rxp dailies at cap is extremely inefficient.

Exactly. If you had 4 hours to play, you couldn’t get 140k reaper xp.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #55 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
Exactly. If you had 4 hours to play, you couldn’t get 140k reaper xp.

Not by doing dailies, no. Running level 30 content with a 50% pot and first time bonus gets somewhere in that ballpark but you can't do that every day.

I did mention the whole time factor in my earlier post though.

Pseudonym wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:09pm:

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #56 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
You can always add Death House, Mists, Devils Details and such.
How much do you get per heroic life ? 100k in 25 hours ?

Ehh doesn't matter I guess, we all do what we like.
I don't have much time to play usually and can't stand the heroic or racial "hamster wheel".
Waterworks or Shadowcrypt for the millionth time is not exactly my idea of fun after playing this game for so long.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #57 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Letter from Executive Producer Rob Ciccolini - January 2018

read the above title and was excited~kinda, thinking that they severed sev.

Sad face. back to never loggin in and occasionally checking here to not see any features worth loggin in for and continuing to not log in.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #58 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
You can always add Death House, Mists, Devils Details and such.
How much do you get per heroic life ? 100k in 25 hours ?

Ehh doesn't matter I guess, we all do what we like.
I don't have much time to play usually and can't stand the heroic or racial "hamster wheel".

As per my earlier post, I get roughly 140k in roughly 18 hours.

I'm doing the whole rxp thing partially because I'm already doing racial lives, and the rationale is the same: small (or not so small) bonuses to your character has been the endgame for a while now. A number of the reaper cores are indisputably more valuable than what you'll get out of most individual past lives, and are therefore worth getting if improving your character is something thing you care about.

I also find playing mid skull reaper vastly more enjoyable than I had been finding elite post power creep and enh pass, since instead of being able to run multiple consecutive lives without a single death on autopilot I have to get gear and pay attention or I'll die.

tl;dr - I do racials because that's the endgame they've given us. I do racials on reaper even though I have enough points to get most of the useful stuff because I enjoy reaper, warts and all.

Wipe wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
Waterworks or Shadowcrypt for the millionth time is not exactly my idea of fun after playing this game for so long.

Understandable.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2018 at 12:54am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint