Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Standing Stone Games Help Message (Read 1843 times)
raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Standing Stone Games Help Message
Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
So I got this in the e-mail.  Its a hoot.  Highlighted the bit I thought was particularly great.  Speaks volumes for the game.  Always knew that was how bug reports really worked, but its nice to see it in print.

Standing Stone Games Quality Assurance Team (Standing Stone Games Help)

Hello!
Since Dungeons and Dragons Online transitioned to being made by Standing Stone Games our Bug Report form has been consolidated into the same ticketing system as our customer support form. This means that, unlike prior to the transition, players have been able to see a "status" of their bug reports. The "status" of a bug report is misleading in that Quality Assurance does not address bugs encountered and instead uses bug reports as a pool of information with which to identify problems and bring accurate reports to the development team to address in a future game update/patch/hotfix when time permits. Bug reports are never meant to resolve individual issues and are instead meant to be a means of helping the development team fix problems for the game as a whole. If you are receiving this message and believe that your issue is something that is not a universal game bug and instead is something that you would like addressed about your character or account you should open a ticket under any category other than "I would like to submit a bug report" so that your ticket can easily be seen and addressed by customer service.
I am writing this to you now, because the Quality Assurance team for DDO has decided that the current method of leaving bug report tickets as "Open" to use as a repository of information to comb through and refer back to has been leading to a player confusion now that players can actively see the "status" of their reports. We have decided to mark things as "solved" after we have reviewed them. To be clear this does not, in any way, mean that the issue you have encountered will be addressed immediately, or even that the issue you encountered has been reproduced internally. All it means is that it has been seen by a member of the DDO QA team at the very least added to our repository of information. We hope that this new method will lead to less player confusion as to the purpose and status of the invaluable bug reports that they send in. I would like to personally thank you for having taken the time to provide information to help us continue to improve the play experience in DDO.
Sincerely, Cory Knowles

Standing Stone Games, LLC.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Standing Stone Games Help Message
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:13am
Print Post  
I got several of those, too.

Without good feedback from SSG regarding the status of the bug reports, I have even less incentive to file them.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:14am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:08am
Print Post  
They can stick their reports up their lazy asses.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
There you go. Marking your ticket "read" is solving the problem.

raybob wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:25pm:
So I got this in the e-mail.  Its a hoot.  Highlighted the bit I thought was particularly great.  Speaks volumes for the game.  Always knew that was how bug reports really worked, but its nice to see it in print.

Also, I highlighted the bit I thought was particularly amusing.

But SSG is still funnier than you.

Quote:
you should open a ticket under any category other than "I would like to submit a bug report"

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint