Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Funeral (Read 75045 times)
Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Funeral
Reply #175 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
Just how long do you think Turbine/SSG should have gone with just slapping people on the wrist? 12 years wasn't long enough?

Turbine actually used to be fairly strict with some exploits. Duping old mnemonics, Jeets, Reavers Refuge....etc

However, they seem to have taken a back seat the last couple of years, and as a result, people have gotten complacent in thinking there would be little to no repercussions.

All that said, deleting toons and keeping the account is the biggest dick move ever, just permaban my ass.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #176 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
How long should they continue being so bad at coding that their game is riddled with exploits? 12 years seems like an awfully long time.

popejubal wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 2:25pm:
I think pretty much everyone who has a problem with the bannings/deletions is unhappy about the sketchy way that SSG went about doing it.

Until SSG stops insisting that they're a special snowflake and that their sketchy-at-best practices are without flaw, the Game will continue to be riddled with bugs and exploits.

The current crew did not develop the game.  The game was bought from its real developers (who seemed to love the game) by Fernardo, who promptly fucked it up with his "fuck the players - we can shit on them and they'll still pay to play".  He then made sure that all new hires were concurrently less smart than him AND convinced that they were smarter than everyone else. 

Now we have this.

Nobody should be surprised.

raybob wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:36pm:
If you've been playing as long as you say then you knew all about previous exploits and the penalties associated with getting caught. 

For the previous exploits with one exception, the most severe penalty for getting caught was a temporary vacation from the game.
For one of the previous exploits, the penalty for getting caught was EXTREME PREJUDICE (someone logs in on your characters and deleted whatever they felt like) and a temporary vacation from the game.

With penalties like that, a person would have to be lazy, apathetic, or nuts to not exploit.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
For the previous exploits with one exception, the most severe penalty for getting caught was a temporary vacation from the game.
For one of the previous exploits, the penalty for getting caught was EXTREME PREJUDICE (someone logs in on your characters and deleted whatever they felt like) and a temporary vacation from the game.

With penalties like that, a person would have to be lazy, apathetic, or nuts to not exploit.

Yea this is just blatantly false.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #178 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
Turbine actually used to be fairly strict with some exploits. Duping old mnemonics, Jeets, Reavers Refuge....etc

Don't remember anyone getting deleted/permabanned for these, but sometimes I don't remember which door to open when I need to get out of the car, so maybe it's me.

Teth wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:54pm:
Yea this is just blatantly false.

Link, Please.

they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #179 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:16pm
Print Post  

No, wrong. Thanks for playing.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #180 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:14pm:
Link, Please.

Lol.   The balls on this guy.   Asking for documentation while dropping these gems:

The current crew did not develop the game. 

He then made sure that all new hires were concurrently less smart than him AND convinced that they were smarter than everyone else. 

Link, Please.   You do nothing but make shit up and pass it off as fact.   And now you want to require citations on the Vault?  GTFO.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #181 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:14pm:
Don't remember anyone getting deleted/permabanned for these, but sometimes I don't remember which door to open when I need to get out of the car, so maybe it's me.

Link, Please. [/quote]

I dont have any links.  But I'll undulge you in the exploits Ive been banned for all of them, for than a month.

1. Splitting a 1 stack mnemonic
2. Flying into the Shroud from Reaver Refuge to loot part 4
3. Reaver Refuge rune abandon
4. Jeets
5. Disrupting the Abbot when raid was changed to include "Destroying Sarcophagi"
6. Destroying and buying back end-rewards/quest specific items (ok I lied, this was only a week Smiley)

And these are just the ones I personally have been banned for.  Im sure there were other exploits I indulged in that someone else got banned for, or even ones I didnt partake in/know.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #182 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Dupapalooza was weird, some players got perma banns, others got inventory nuked, most escaped entirely untouched. SSG's approach is, at best, inconsistent.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #183 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:50pm:

However, they seem to have taken a back seat the last couple of years, and as a result, people have gotten complacent in thinking there would be little to no repercussions.

All that said, deleting toons and keeping the account is the biggest dick move ever, just permaban my ass.

"Exploit early and often" was the catchphrase.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #184 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
To follow up my necro of someone's old thread about my farewell post to the official forums I'll post best as I can recall the meager effort at punishing me that resulted in my loss of any last shred of hope DDO might ever get its act together.

So after my bold challenge for them to start their exxxtreme prejudice with me following the great dupapalooza some years back they perma banned my forum access but gave me a meager 7 day ban in game.

When I came back not one thing I had mass duped had been touched. Instead the nits had deleted my many years worth of crystal cove and may bar mats that had been legit amassed over the years.

You see what I'd duped was high pp value gems which I'd liquidated into currency then spent on high value items on the ah when plat capped then rinse and repeat.

I also had topped off my cookie jar which whoever had been on my account failed to touch. I recall feeling so much disgust for the sheer haphazard incompetent attempt to punish me someone that drew a bulls eye on myself with that forum post I was simply done with the game beyond an occasional check in. I'd hop on for cc etc but just felt the game was under the admin of utter incompetent ego maniacs it was worse then if it had just been put in maintained mode.

Had they actually perma banned me I'd of felt like starting fresh feeling some hope things could still get better. But knowing the fact my regular spending clearly kept them from dealing with me like any quality mmo admin would for so bold a challenge told me few if any would suffer proper punishment unless they never supported the game.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #185 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:42pm:
I've never met a fully F2P player who wasn't a sack of shit barely able to play the game.

Given all the stupid questions you ask here, that's a terrifyingly low bar.

It's more likely that all the good F2P players are good enough to avoid you in-game.

IP Logged

ChocolateStarphish
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #186 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:36pm:
Own it and stop whining how unfair it is when you deliberately broke the rules.

Was I whining? hmmm... Thought i was just answering someone question.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #187 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
I recall feeling so much disgust for the sheer haphazard incompetent attempt to punish me someone that drew a bulls eye on myself with that forum post I was simply done with the game beyond an occasional check in.

Oddly enough, "sheer, haphazard incompetent attempt to punish" is a pretty good way to sum up the mess SSG made of this.   They're still petty and incompetent as ever.  I guess not much has changed.

From the start, it has kind of felt like SSG just has a massive load of butthurt due to them looking stupid because of how easy this exploit was, thus their over-the-top, kneejerk, toon-nuking reaction. 

I mean, sure, if you do the crime, expect to do the time, but with this fiasco, the punishment is nowhere close to fitting the crime in many cases.  They're essentially giving the death penalty to stoners.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:36pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

ChocolateStarphish
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:15pm:
Hope you learned something.

Yes next time don't get caught  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #189 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Turdbine banned players often. The reason why the catchphrase was "Exploit early and often" was because you could do months of work in a short time. Risking the ban was worth it because usually you just received a temp ban. I believe bans were typically 3 days, 7 days, 30 days, and I think there was a few 90 days.

For example, 20th raid rewards. You get your 20th raid item selection - and then drag the items from the reward window into your bank (that you could conveniently carry with you everywhere you went).  Those were fun times.

The issue was that they barely did perma bans. Most of the perma bans were just forum accounts. Although I did appreciate how they always let me know that my account was under surveillance when people reported me. Made evasion easy. Like going into the vale at level 1 and insta capping to 16.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #190 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm:
I mean, sure, if you do the crime, expect to do the time, but with this fiasco, the punishment is nowhere close to fitting the crime in many cases.  They're essentially giving the death penalty to stoners.

Welcome to Islam mother fuckers.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #191 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:07am:
Welcome to Islam mother fuckers.

Methinks you missed the pun...

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #192 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #193 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
but just felt the game was under the admin of utter incompetent ego maniacs it was worse then if it had just been put in maintained mode.

Hi Welcome

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #194 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Wow  so much stuff has happened while I was away from the game! Fuck, I should've been there as well enjoying those exploits Cheesy

Cleazy can't believe they deleted you, was fun playing with you thru the years, hope your other account didn't get deleted!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #195 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:36pm:
I dont have any links.  But I'll undulge you in the exploits Ive been banned for all of them, for than a month.

1. Splitting a 1 stack mnemonic
2. Flying into the Shroud from Reaver Refuge to loot part 4
3. Reaver Refuge rune abandon
4. Jeets
5. Disrupting the Abbot when raid was changed to include "Destroying Sarcophagi"
6. Destroying and buying back end-rewards/quest specific items (ok I lied, this was only a week )

And these are just the ones I personally have been banned for.  Im sure there were other exploits I indulged in that someone else got banned for, or even ones I didnt partake in/know.

Thanks for the examples.  That's a lot of stuff from long enough ago that very few current players would know about it, and fewer current DDO employees (even ones that were DAMN GOOD AT THEIR JOBS).

I do kind of remember "Blue Flag" bans (which you didn't cite), but that's from 2011, and pretty far from a contemporary example, and even Riot's "permaban" was lifted.  http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1313422620/2

Not clear about what "Ive been banned for all of them, for than a month" means.  Feels like you skipped a word.

IP Logged

Ugh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #196 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Ghallanda
Cashes
Herts

RIP!   Cry

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #197 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Ugh wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 3:44am:
Ghallanda
RIP!   Cry

Might as well add G-Land to the list at this point. There' s been absolutely nobody on for the last week  Tongue

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #198 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 1:32pm:
Might as well add G-Land to the list at this point. There' s been absolutely nobody on for the last week  Tongue

You must be on a different G-land then, nothing seems to have changed on mine.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #199 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 11th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
You must be on a different G-land then, nothing seems to have changed on mine.

Well...Captain's Crew sure seems to have taken it in the ass.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Send TopicPrint