Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) No easter egg hunt this year - SSG hates Jesus (Read 7458 times)
Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Re: No easter egg hunt this year - SSG hates Jesus
Reply #25 - May 9th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Well it was on the first page still, sad that it's "that active" around here now, even this place is dying out a little, so I don't think I would call it "bumping" a thread.

Second ... Jesus, did I hit a nerve there bud?  Sorry for the butt hurt bro it was unintended but it needed to be said IMHO.  The faster the world can come to grips with the reality of their religious icons the faster we can get past 75% of the stupid bullshit that happens out there.

So yeah at any rate "hating Jesus" just plain doesn't make sense.  He was just a dude and he died a LONG time ago.   Hate those religious cunts who decided there needed to be a set of rules around his teachings because those fuckers are still here shitting in the communal pot.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - May 9th, 2018 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
Well it was on the first page still, sad that it's "that active" around here now, even this place is dying out a little, so I don't think I would call it "bumping" a thread.

Second ... Jesus, did I hit a nerve there bud?  Sorry for the butt hurt bro it was unintended but it needed to be said IMHO.  The faster the world can come to grips with the reality of their religious icons the faster we can get past 75% of the stupid bullshit that happens out there.

So yeah at any rate "hating Jesus" just plain doesn't make sense.  He was just a dude and he died a LONG time ago.   Hate those religious cunts who decided there needed to be a set of rules around his teachings because those fuckers are still here shitting in the communal pot.

We have a P&R section to discuss religion.   Feel free to pop over and share your bigotry.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 9th, 2018 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 12:28pm:
We have a P&R section to discuss religion.   Feel free to pop over and share your bigotry.

Go blow your mom you Jesus-fucking Rtard.

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #28 - May 9th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 12:28pm:
LOL the OP title is more bigoted than my post.

Thanks for the reaction though, once you release dogma replies like yours are quite funny.

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #29 - May 10th, 2018 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
LOL the OP title is more bigoted than my post.

Thanks for the reaction though, once you release dogma replies like yours are quite funny.

Maybe you don't understand the definition of bigotry:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dictionary#dobs=bigotry

Quote:
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Then compare that with these:

Groo The Wanderer wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
 Hate those religious cunts who decided there needed to be a set of rules around his teachings because those fuckers are still here shitting in the communal pot.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 5:30pm:
Now the crazy fuckers who decided that these dudes deserved a "religion" around him and should be celebrated as some sort of "God" or Prophet.   Well those heaven's gate twat waffles are people I can get behind hating.   

You just have to, their stupid burns so bad.

Pretty much textbook intolerance of a differing point of view.  Honestly, "bigotry" is being generous.  Your language is actually hate-speech.  Either one of those posts on Facebook or Twitter would get your account banned in a hot second.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2018 at 8:40am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #30 - May 18th, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
*snicker*  Seriously dude you can just let it go.

Yeah yeah ... I didn't say that I hated anyone.  I just said the idea of hating Jesus was silly and if one was to hate someone "religious" it makes more sense to hate the establishment around it.

I don't have an intolerance for "religious" people, I don't hate them and honestly I don't think anyone should.  Personally what I do have is a lot of pity for them.  What I do have intolerance for is the hypocrisy, tyranny and conflict that their "religion" causes.  And yes I have an utter lack of respect for the bureaucracy around these religions who seem to primarily serve to enrich "the church / temple" and maintain control of the narrative and direct the masses.

Also ... just for the record Faith is not the same as religion and one can certainly have the first and disdain the second.

Best part of all for me really is that most American's I have met (and a large share of Non-American's as well) who espouse to be Christian of one religious flavour or another react much like you did above if I were to say that Jesus is just a guy and that the religion built around his teachings is, at it's core, more harmful that beneficial.  Boom I am "intolerant" or I am saying "hate speech" yet were I to say the exact same thing about Mohammed they would all be "hell yeah" or "damn right".

All I can do is stand back and look at it and say ... wow and I am the one who is intolerant. 

I just keep hearing Mopehus in my head over and over

... "Free your mind"

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #31 - May 18th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Groo The Wanderer wrote on May 18th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
Best part of all for me really is that most American's I have met (and a large share of Non-American's as well) who espouse to be Christian of one religious flavour or another react much like you did above if I were to say that Jesus is just a guy and that the religion built around his teachings is, at it's core, more harmful that beneficial.  Boom I am "intolerant" or I am saying "hate speech"

Wrong.  This is not intolerant.  This is an opinion.   You are welcome to it.  As a Christian, I don't find it offensive at all that you have a differing opinion.   I can't speak for any other Christians you have met as I haven't met them personally.  I have met people who are excessively defensive about faith, however, so I know what you mean.   Being close minded and adversarial isn't helpful in any discussion.   

But the above is NOT what you said that got you called a bigot.  I'm sure you can scroll up and see it, if you forgot.   I'll pay you the respect that you know the difference in your tone between those posts and this one.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #32 - May 29th, 2018 at 1:18am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #33 - May 29th, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 8:38am:
Pretty much textbook intolerance of a differing point of view.  Honestly, "bigotry" is being generous.  Your language is actually hate-speech.  Either one of those posts on Facebook or Twitter would get your account banned in a hot second.

I lean left.  This post is making me agree more with the extreme right.

Country is full of overly sensitive snowflakes (on both sides).

I agree with the basics of PCism, if you strip it down to "don't be an insensitive asshole towards others"...provided it's balanced out with an equal but opposite philosophy of "don't be an overly sensitive pussy every time someone with a different opinion opens their mouths."

I personally found nothing resembling being an "insensitive asshole" in Groo's original statements.

So, if there's a lack of balance here...

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - May 29th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 2:55pm:
I lean left.  This post is making me agree more with the extreme right.

Country is full of overly sensitive snowflakes (on both sides).

I agree with the basics of PCism, if you strip it down to "don't be an insensitive asshole towards others"...provided it's balanced out with an equal but opposite philosophy of "don't be an overly sensitive pussy every time someone with a different opinion opens their mouths."

I personally found nothing resembling being an "insensitive asshole" in Groo's original statements.

So, if there's a lack of balance here...

So you think the below is not in any way being an insensitive asshole?

Quote:
Now the crazy fuckers who decided that these dudes deserved a "religion" around him and should be celebrated as some sort of "God" or Prophet.   Well those heaven's gate twat waffles are people I can get behind hating.   

You just have to, their stupid burns so bad.

Quote:
Hate those religious cunts who decided there needed to be a set of rules around his teachings because those fuckers are still here shitting in the communal pot.

But that's just someone with a "different opinion" about religion/Christianity? 

Not trying to disagree with you, everyone has their own tolerance level for this kind of stuff, so just trying to understand your point of view. 

If you don't think it's over the line and anybody who objects would be a pussy, you probably would be fine with posting it on your twitter or facebook where a current or prospective employer, or your friends and family could see it.

Have at it and send us a screen shot of the replies you get.    Grin Grin   

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - May 31st, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
The appropriate response when you don't care is insensitivity. The proper response is to agree with whatever view the majority is taking.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #36 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
I cannot change you -
The philiosophy behind change is a key word.
You cannot change others but if you change yourself the
world shall change around you.
thats like soc/psy 101

Now for your jesus hatred. I suggest looking into Saul who
killed and persecuted many tons of christians after jesus
and finally became christian Paul. Wrote many books.
Including revelations.

Um whole clander and hours based upon jesus.
Many other things
National geographic came out with issue... said all mankind
geneically linked to one female - which they named Eve.
check that out.

But I cannot tell you facts about andthing... cus religion
this one based upon faith- hope and love.

And the greatest of these is LOVE

GL- wish you the best in your short timespan

I am eternal

sry for your luck

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #37 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 10:10am
Print Post  
While I agree with most of what you wrote,

The authorship of Revelation is generally accredited to the Apostle John, when he was in exile on Patmos.   It was written sometime between 81-96AD.  There is some small debate as to his authorship, but Paul, who, according to multiple sources, was martyred by Emperor Nero sometime before 64AD, is not considered a viable alternative.   

However, Paul did author about 50% of the new testament (13-14 books, depending on your sources).   The largest, by far.   John authored 5, at most.   Peter, 1 or 2.   Luke, 1 or 2.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
AHH- yes im sorry for sayin paul cus that written thing plagued me. for week or so... It was john on patmos... I agree..

I dunno why I said paul was just tryin to preach paul.

But um if i can screw up once again may I say that
John - was noted and the one jesus loved...
Jesus said he was the loved one..

and he worte our direction for end times...

-----

this bump due to aggression on other areas and levels

like lev 30 people with all bound gear giving me shit about
how fucking leet they are well fuck you i dont hafta fuck
50 people to get stuff i need to suceed in the game.

and basically fuck you cannith heroes yer nothing to me

Many nice to me - this for those that have a vibrator up their ass soon as they wake and prolly beat their wives.

wake up - i dont need you in my world...
Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint