Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Having difficulty in high-heroic sorc play. (Read 8500 times)
Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Having difficulty in high-heroic sorc play.
Mar 31st, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I've seen videos of casters in high heroic levels and they just go in and tear everything up. If it takes them two spells to kill an enemy it doesn't take three.
I'm a lvl 18 Dragonborn Earth Savant with around 400 HP, the Fanion (prof from EK), and 270 Acid Spell Power, but even with Max/Emp SLAs it takes forever to kill enemies and I take a lot of damage doing so.
How can I improve as a player of casters?

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Re: Having difficulty in high-heroic sorc play.
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Instakill. PK,Finger,Wail, Circle of death,Wail, PWK undeath to death or flesh to stone and leave it if deathwarded. mass hold then nuke for additional damage.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 9:56am
Print Post  
WHY DONT MY SHIT DO THE THING LIKE HIS SHIT
-by eighnuss

contents:
page 1 ... build
page 2 ... gear
page 3 ... pastlives
page 4 ... playstyle

page one
BUILD

probably cause yours isnt the same

page two
GEAR

probably cause yours isnt optimized and maximized

page three
PASTLIVES

probably cause u dont have any

page four
PLAYSTYLE

probably because u just stand there getting beat up and it takes you 10 seconds to spin 360 degrees using A and D and you have to physically click on anything you target cause you havent utilized hotkeys/keybinds

page five
postscript bonus text

ddo is a pattern recognition simulator. even the weakest of players can get huge benefits from simply recognizing the patterns of ddo. start playing more mechanically and less immersed. they arent mobs and monsters. theyre just math and predefined responses to situations. out think the game. create situations where the response is wrong or undefined. rebalance your fighting style to net more favorable math.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2018 at 10:07am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

CanadianCurseword
Korthos Resident

Vut der ferk?

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
#reroll

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:13am
Print Post  
I'd argue your biggest weakness is being an earth savant. Not that earth savant is bad. It just happens to shine a bit more useful in fights where it's DoT-Cloud playstyle shines.

To be a good acid sorc you have to gather mobs, drop a cloudkill and acid fog and either shield block or kite. Slapping holds also helps a lot given your paltry damage is mostly AoE. Dragonbreath is shit, but it should be doing some damage.

Although 400HP seems to say this is a first life toon. So I doubt you have the DCs to make the breath actually land in heroics, same for your acid spells since they are conjuration DCs not evocation like the other savants. Combined with the fact that acid is usually fort saves and most higher level mobs have 'decent' fort saves around/above 40+ at 18+ elites, you're probably not making the cut.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:13am by Edrein »  

IP Logged

Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
It's third life, actually. If I TR'ed into the same build right now I'd probably go Warforged for self-heals and Mithril Body and Focus more on Air/Ice or Fire/Air.

I usually do a web/acid rain/Ice Storm combo when facing lots of mobs.

So, get carried to lvl 20 and tr into a warlock for epic past life grinding?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Arganthonius wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 12:50pm:

Sure.

Or, spend some time working those brain cells overtime, read up on the various aspects of casters in DDO until you have a good working knowledge of how DCs, spellpower, spell crit and crit multis, and the game in general work, then run whatever caster you want and likely have more fun than a borelock.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
It's third life, actually. If I TR'ed into the same build right now I'd probably go Warforged for self-heals and Mithril Body and Focus more on Air/Ice or Fire/Air.

Go human, maximize and empower at lvl 1 take air at sart, go nuts with the slas.
Fuck shield mastery and armor, if you cant kill fast enough you will be dead with or without them. Get the evocation dc feats. may want enchant for holds altough i found them to be enough and may want necro for the ocasional non direct dps instakill.

Wind dance is your friend at lvl 12, that + displacement + stoneskin+ dodge will keep you up with a ocasional heal scroll.

Its not hard dude, did 3 sorc lives with that basic frame and was a brezee. Hell i did eeven got bored (not as bored as warlock tough).

I think some dude in the forums has a detailed build like the one i used. Fairwind or something and works neat.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  

Need 3 cleric PLs for an Acid Savant for the +3 conjuration. The other standard caster PLs still apply and are needed.

But as the others said. Lightning is good for dipping your toes in. Once the druid pass comes around; half elf lightning sorc will be the best due to the Call Lightning Storm racial.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
exploytoften wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 5:01pm:
Instakill. PK,Finger,Wail, Circle of death,Wail, PWK undeath to death or flesh to stone and leave it if deathwarded. mass hold then nuke for additional damage.

In other words, roll a Wizard Pale Master.

Edrein wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:13am:
Not that earth savant is bad. It just happens to shine a bit more useful in fights where it's DoT-Cloud playstyle shines.

Pretty much this.

Edrein wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 11:13am:
So I doubt you have the DCs to make the breath actually land in heroics, same for your acid spells since they are conjuration DCs not evocation like the other savants. Combined with the fact that acid is usually fort saves and most higher level mobs have 'decent' fort saves around/above 40+ at 18+ elites, you're probably not making the cut.

The DCs won't land for any of the Spell Schools. 40+ by 18 is the New Black or GTFO ur bild is giomp.

This all but rules out Warforged, since the CHA penalty and gimped self-heals in Reaper mode are non-starters. The body armour feats for Warforged are too expensive on a feat starved class as well.

Yes. Sorc and Cleric past lives are what you suffer through so your Warlock lives are better.

Digimonk wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 1:19pm:
Or, spend some time working those brain cells overtime, read up on the various aspects of casters in DDO until you have a good working knowledge of how DCs, spellpower, spell crit and crit multis, and the game in general work, then run whatever caster you want and likely have more fun than a borelock.

Or... He likely has done all of the above and reached the conclusion that perversely wasting a massive amount of time to play a class that is (like most classes) always going to be woefully inferior to the broken Warlock is pointless.

Reyes. wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 3:30pm:
Wind dance is your friend at lvl 12, that + displacement + stoneskin+ dodge will keep you up with a ocasional heal scroll.

Its not hard dude, did 3 sorc lives with that basic frame and was a brezee. Hell i did eeven got bored (not as bored as warlock tough).

I think some dude in the forums has a detailed build like the one i used. Fairwind or something and works neat.

Fairwind was heavily gear and Past Life dependent to have full effect.

It also predates Reaper mode.

I know because I used it as a base on my Air Savant and it wasn't working "as advertised".

Go ahead and take a non-optimized Air Savant into Tethyamar on Elite sometime. Hell, go ahead and take an optimized Air Savant in. Prepare for disappointment.

CR:24 Drow Rangers with big SR and huge saves in every sat with Evasion mean you're gonna have a really bad time.

Strategies that involve insta-kills or CC with Hold (X) spells will fail with depressing frequency.

Sorc doesn't have the feats (even if you go Human) for the Spell Penetration + Evocation to break the SR consistently, and that's before the massively inflated saves are rolled.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE to squeeze in those feats, but you're giving up something you'd probably prefer to not give up, like Force of Personality, Mental Toughness, Expand, or Quicken.

Old School casters with a blue bar to manage won't be able to mitigate the attrition, even with almost 3000 SP and spamming super-efficient-ulta-maximized SLAs.

And we're not even discussing Reaper mode, at any skull level.

Content designed post-Warlock will stymie even the most well built Sorcs, unless they're just Uber-players with every conceivable caster PL, BiS Gear, and a truly perverse masochistic streak.

Tethyamar is a more extreme example, but there will simply be content you cannot run solo, or will have to let a group carry you while you pike.

Edrein wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 4:15pm:
Once the druid pass comes around; half elf lightning sorc will be the best due to the Call Lightning Storm racial.

I wish this were true, but SSG and the existing shit class balance almost guarantees that this will manage to suck and blow at the same time.

The above criticisms are not directed towards the forum, they are directed towards SSG who introduced a broken Warlock class into the game and we've all been paying for it since.  Angry

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
If you can land holds and death spells, by all means, do so. But if you can at least get your Evocation DC up, Greater Shout works nicely for reducing the damage you're taking. It does not require SR check so that's one less headache to worry about.

Mass Suggestion works nicely even at 50% or less success rate, if you can hit it before mobs notice you.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2018 at 1:58pm by crunch »  

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I play a 1st life air sorc, wf heavy plated. got evo and greater evo and conjuration for web. my equipment is mostly cannith crafted with inherent bonus'. i do well up until R3 but it gets spell point intensive.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Apr 1st, 2018 at 6:31pm:
Fairwind was heavily gear and Past Life dependent to have full effect.

It also predates Reaper mode.

I know because I used it as a base on my Air Savant and it wasn't working "as advertised".

Go ahead and take a non-optimized Air Savant into Tethyamar on Elite sometime. Hell, go ahead and take an optimized Air Savant in. Prepare for disappointment.

CR:24 Drow Rangers with big SR and huge saves in every sat with Evasion mean you're gonna have a really bad time.

Strategies that involve insta-kills or CC with Hold (X) spells will fail with depressing frequency.

Sorc doesn't have the feats (even if you go Human) for the Spell Penetration + Evocation to break the SR consistently, and that's before the massively inflated saves are rolled.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE to squeeze in those feats, but you're giving up something you'd probably prefer to not give up, like Force of Personality, Mental Toughness, Expand, or Quicken.

Old School casters with a blue bar to manage won't be able to mitigate the attrition, even with almost 3000 SP and spamming super-efficient-ulta-maximized SLAs.

And we're not even discussing Reaper mode, at any skull level.

Content designed post-Warlock will stymie even the most well built Sorcs, unless they're just Uber-players with every conceivable caster PL, BiS Gear, and a truly perverse masochistic streak.

Tethyamar is a more extreme example, but there will simply be content you cannot run solo, or will have to let a group carry you while you pike.

I lest the game before  tethymar  and just came back, actually havent eben bough that pack (probably wont) and im farming to get either ravenloft of the new pack depending wich one turns better.

To the point, that build indeed is pre-reaper but given that op said we was strugling, and assuming reaper is not the standard run setting (im crappy, tolerate me) i just stated one that can carry him trough pretty much the mayority of the game.

But you are right, if one wants to not worry about being able to complete a quest in the new contents  and in mid reaper Warlock is the way to go. Casters are pretty much fucked unless they can hold consistently and play in a group.

We have returned to the 2008/deathblock in monsters  era where casters are subpar.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 4:01pm:

I lest the game before  tethymar  and just came back, actually havent eben bough that pack (probably wont) and im farming to get either ravenloft of the new pack depending wich one turns better.

To the point, that build indeed is pre-reaper but given that op said we was strugling, and assuming reaper is not the standard run setting (im crappy, tolerate me) i just stated one that can carry him trough pretty much the mayority of the game.

But you are right, if one wants to not worry about being able to complete a quest in the new contents  and in mid reaper Warlock is the way to go. Casters are pretty much fucked unless they can hold consistently and play in a group.

We have returned to the 2008/deathblock in monsters  era where casters are subpar.

The problem with this is the forumites. They bitch and moan so badly that no caster is going to get a proper pass that brings them into the modern era of DDO. While they subsequently scream for warlock nerfs that aren't going to happen again.

Despite the devs incompetence/lack of functional game knowledge, even they realize warlocks aren't the problem.

Until more folks get off their asses and refute the shit spewed regularly on the forums, you might as well settle in to just playing warlocks the near side of forever or until the game closes.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
And nobody in his right mind is going to try to argue with the forum bitches, because as soon as somebody try to talk them into logic and reasoning that person gets awarded Warnings and Infractions so fast that it cut shorts any discussion if the person wants to keep posting rights.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 12:07pm:
And nobody in his right mind is going to try to argue with the forum bitches, because as soon as somebody try to talk them into logic and reasoning that person gets awarded Warnings and Infractions so fast that it cut shorts any discussion if the person wants to keep posting rights.

I'm not so sure about this. I feel like I've managed to keep a great deal of the forumites silenced in the druid threads. The only one evading logic is fucking Tilomere. Who I assume finally stopped taking his meds because boy has he gone on a tirade of stupid the past few weeks in the lamannia/preview threads.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #16 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
The "warlock problem" was always that they introduced the cleave meta, heaped on it for years and then finally introduced a class that had nothing but cleaves.

Warlock DPS is shit-tier but shit-tier dps x hitting every mob in range = god-tier dps until you hit high reaper/LE content where IK's become king for trash clearing.

Anyways...

Your problem is yeah, Earth sucks.  Go fire or air and get more spellpower.  240 is fucking garbage.  Sub-20 make sure you get the Ravenloft belt, that's a free 80 or whatever since it stacks.  I think I have around 380 air spellpower on my savant.  Don't shirk your spellsight either.  9/10th of the time someone complains about being a shit caster it's because they're missing another 10~20% dmg from no spellsight.

And don't worry about mobs you can't kill.  Just run by them.  If they're 100% absolutely required kills then just bust out your handy dandy vorpal repeater and click until it dies.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Its no mystery  that everyone here is for the most part a complete dumbass.   Most of them are simply regurgitating what they were taught by the people I taught, but sadly since they were never exposed to the actual source they end up coming here and looking like an idiot because they never actually understand what they are being taught.. they are like birds simply imitating the few concepts here and there   

Look back through the forums over the years and you will find time and time again people spouting off rubbish that they know nothing about.  Years later you will see the same people finally coming to the conclusions that I calmly tried to explain to them a decade earlier.   Of course they never "arrive at the conclusion" for themselves until time and ignorance has washed against their skulls enough times to erase the damage I might have caused by trying to teach them concepts they were obviously not ready to accept.

Now, onto the topic at hand... Acid Sorc... or for those who those who are a little more refined, a Conjuration sorceror.

The main reason people are mostlyl blind to the benefits of a conjuration specialist are due to their melees having such puny DPS that they simply cannot see themselves having the teeth to chew their own food... they need Mass Hold.   

Web is an amazing spell that works wonders on many mobs.   Glitterdust is another amazing spell that most people no nothing about.. and works on the remainder of the mobs that are immune to web.  Hell Stinking CLoud is another great one but we won't go there.

As for the OP simply lose Ice Storm, that is wasting your mana.   All you need to do is web the mobs and cast Acid Rain as usual. After casting Acid Rain what you will do is simply cast two fully maximized/empowered Acid Blasts on the mobs every few seconds.. one being your SLA, the other being from your lvl 3 spells.  Should cost 30 sp for both of them with all the  Meta discounts.   That will solve all your problems.   If you still have problems, just lower the difficulty as needed until you accumulate the gear/experience/ DCs/ Spell power etc as usual.  But for now, this alone should get you through Elite mobs easily.  
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:26am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Apr 4th, 2018 at 11:23am:
words 

i was gonna shit on you until i read more than 3 sentences

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Or... He likely has done all of the above and reached the conclusion that perversely wasting a massive amount of time to play a class that is (like most classes) always going to be woefully inferior to the broken Warlock is pointless.

Spoken like someone that's never run a proper Evo or Conjuration sorcerer (esp in heroics as specified by the OP) or possibly just lacks the intellectual capacity to figure it out after actually trying it.

FFS, people were steamrolling heroic content with sorcerers for years before warlocks were ever a polyp in the devs' poop chute.  It's not rocket science, it's not hard, and it's not even challenging to figure out. 

For example:  https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/357759-Ultimate-TR-junkie-leveling-fra...

That wasn't even an optimal, min-maxed full sorcerer build.  They didn't go full/pure sorcerer due to the plan for getting non-sorcerer PLs and they still facerolled heroic stuff.  It's fire based, but easy enough to modify the idea for acid.  For acid, max conj DCs, secondary DC focus on Evo, max acid spell power, max acid crit, max spell crit multi.

I did several PLs using that Sorcerer template back in the day and it was stupidly easy.  I've also done multiple PLs with pewpew and aura Warlocks.  They're easy, too, but that doesn't invalidate the power and ease with which a good sorcerer build can plow through heroics. 

Last year, I got a bit sick of seeing all the "waah! OP'd warlock touched me in the bad spot and ruined DDO for the next 4 generations of my family!" posts on the mobos, so I rolled up a first-life Evo/Fire sorcerer and used whatever RNG and named gear I could loot from missions or buy in the AH with plat earned from missions as a test.  I easily solo'd elite/R1 missions on that toon through level 12 or so before I got bored and went back to working on my main.  When public LFMs were posted for the missions I was working on, I joined them and had no problems staying competitive with and often beating the warlocks in those groups.

Based on my past experience with sorcerer based PLs, I have zero reason to think that build would not have been able to continue rolling through elite/R1 all the way to 18/20.  If anything, it should get easier due to the newer named gear available in the upper heroic levels.

Are you going to be able to solo steamroll R5+ content with an evo/conj sorcerer?  No, but then again, pewpew warlocks suck hard in higher skull content too, so the point about warlocks is still moot and stupid.

I would expect that an acid sorcerer might be more challenging in epics due to the increased frequency of acid resistant or immune mobs and the mob HP bloat that puts a strain on spell point pools, but the scope of the OP's question was heroics, so there you go.

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2018 at 1:43pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  

Let me fix that for you:

Quote:
Go ahead and go into Tethyamar sometime.  Prepare for disappointment.

This pack doesn't make sorc bad.  It only makes the pack bad.  Bloated hp on top of drow sr.

Sorc is superior to Lock in heroics.

But keep your ice storm.  Sorta.  Wand/scroll it and have FOM from remnant potion.  You get the saveless slow effect for zero mana and it plus web helps to group things up for your acids.  It adds some free damage and gives you something to do besiudes spend mana when the mobs aren't dead yet.

For gear rockboots for top acid.  Caustic forum post if you came back in time to farm that.  CC caster stick(s) otherwise.  Burnscar belt for stacking spellpower.  Fanion isn't horrible and if you're already investing in EK then get a large mithril from WW and use that until 14th.  you can ditch the 5% asf in EK.  Electric absorb isn't a bad thing to put on it, lots of kobolds throwing lightning bolts in reapers.  Always have shield/nightshield up.  Main hand/hands/trinket for insight spellpower.

If you go the Zehnpow route then spellsword your repeater.  Works fine on ranged and 3 times the damage.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
I don't get to play that often, so I've only just gotten to level 20. With the new Elemental Apotheosis immunity negation, I'm starting to question if I should just go Fire Savant instead of Air, or even if I should just TR into a Druid.

Right now I'm in a level 3 Shiradi.
I'm also wondering what the most efficient leveling method in Epics is for someone who can't solo EE.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Arganthonius wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
I'm also wondering what the most efficient leveling method in Epics is for someone who can't solo EE.

Piking works best for me.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #23 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 8:39am:
Piking works best for me.

Piking extends life. Piking expands consciousness.Piking is vital to the TR wheel.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Arganthonius wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
I don't get to play that often, so I've only just gotten to level 20. With the new Elemental Apotheosis immunity negation, I'm starting to question if I should just go Fire Savant instead of Air, or even if I should just TR into a Druid.

Right now I'm in a level 3 Shiradi.

The best way would be do some dailies and adventure areas to get a few destinies filled up and earn some Fate Points for twists.  Running in a full destiny and with at least 3 twists adds quite a bit of power.

The most common dailies are:

Spies, Von3, Wiz King, TTT, Thru Mirror Darkly.  Some add in a few others for variety.

Running those on EN and EH daily will net you over 1 million XP and you will not break much of a sweat.  You should easily be able to get 3-5 people to join you within 10 minutes of throwing up an LFM and make it a cake walk.  The 10 runs total will take maybe 90 minutes.   

Throw in Kings Forest, Gianthold, Orchard, and THunderholme as adventure areas and you can get to cap easily.  Feel free to hop into any PuG running EE or R1 and just contribute the best you can without trying to do more than you can handle.    

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:10pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint