Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Disciples of Rage (Read 6290 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Disciples of Rage
Apr 12th, 2018 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Worth spending the last of my points on, or is it a "wait until it goes on sale" release?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Re: Disciples of Rage
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
I didn't hate the chain, ran through it on heroic last night.

The second quest, specifically, was mostly tedious, but I enjoyed the end fight.

Some of the gear seems alright, but I'm so far out of the current gear meta that I might be way off.  The epic scimitar seems great.  I like that they actually went back to an old system for upgrading.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
I like that they actually went back to an old system for upgrading.

An old system that was quickly abandoned even though the mats are forced on you via kills.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
I spent points just so I have some more options for Rxp at cap.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Worth spending the last of my points on, or is it a "wait until it goes on sale" release?

It's alright.

Mostly it's Quasi-Xorian tedium (without the humour) designed for Warlocks (and failing, because they still haven't figured out huge numbers of trash mobs only help Warlock DPS and hurt everyone else).

Some of the gear is nice, but you can live without it.

tl;dr- Wait for a sale.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
all quests made by ssg that arent something they can take from d&d, or arent already good old packs made epic are all hot fucking garbage. Fashion Madness was when I knew they would never release good original content ever again. they should just stick to implementing modules or making old quests epic. they suck at making their own quests and raids. matter of fact they should be banned from making their own raids ever again

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 3:56am
Print Post  
The second quest is hot dogs shit. Fresh-squeezed Brown goo.

The Last Quest is good. The boss fight was fun on R7 today. The Coram Village is fun. I think it's the third Quest where you return to that underutilized area outside of bargain of blood. It's the one with Brawnpits.

The pack is worse than slavers. It is about on par with dragonborn pack.

If your friends were running it and money to burn then buy it. Spell absorb is mandatory for higher skulls.

At least the pack is not as laggy as ravenloft.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 10:09pm:
all quests made by ssg that arent something they can take from d&d, or arent already good old packs made epic are all hot fucking garbage. Fashion Madness was when I knew they would never release good original content ever again. they should just stick to implementing modules or making old quests epic. they suck at making their own quests and raids. matter of fact they should be banned from making their own raids ever again

I figured that out ages ago.  It should be painfully obvious most of the devs have zero interest in playing D&D.  You can almost tell what other games they were playing or movies they were watching when inspired to create a lot of the packs.

Wheloon isn't a D&D adventure, it's someone's rejected concept for an "Escape from New York" game.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 10:09pm:

This. 

Some of the loot is good, that makes it worth getting.

The content is a joke on LE/low-skull.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 8:41pm:
It's alright.

Mostly it's Quasi-Xorian tedium (without the humour) designed for Warlocks (and failing, because they still haven't figured out huge numbers of trash mobs only help Warlock DPS and hurt everyone else).

what game are you playing?

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Disciples of Rage = The group of people who prepurchased Shadowfell.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:46pm:

He's apparently playing the non Dire Charge melee version (aka the motherboard, melee in reaper is useless, waaah!!!) version.

The new content on low skull reaper is medium sized groups of fairly squishy trash with low saves, which is prime design for the new top-tier DPS, semi-tanky melee meta.

Not surprising that some people still think warlocks are king though.  The mobos always seem to be 6-12 months behind people who know what's up.  They'll figure it out eventually.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:07pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
I quite liked the first 2. The level design was a new approach. If they could do more of the verticalisation of maps that would be cool

Last beholder thing is pretty weird. I cant imagine people will be queueing up to farm that quest

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:46pm:

The one where you can ROFLstomp the whole chain cone-blasting with a Warlock from safe spots (the mobs seem to get stuck on the gates, which is not surprising because SSG).

The first 4 quests are pretty LULZ-worthy on any class (I did multiple runs on alts) on any difficulty, the end fight of the capstone quest is where the gulf between Warlock and any other class is blatantly obvious.

Digimonk wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:03pm:
He's apparently playing the non Dire Charge melee version (aka the motherboard, melee in reaper is useless, waaah!!!) version.

Please post your build so we can all see where all the sad n00bs are failing.

Please list Race, Class(es), Feats Taken (by level), all Past Lives (Racial, Heroic, Iconic, and Epic), Equipped and Hot Swap Gear, Applied Tomes (Skill, Remnant Hand-Ins, Fate, and Ability), and strategies used for completion(s), and your verified completion time(s) via YouTube time-stamped video.

Also provide a rough approximation of the time spent grinding the above (in hours), or the real world currency spent to acquire.

Please elaborate on the vast performance superiority of Your Personal Build vis-a-vis "non Dire Charge melee version (aka the motherboard, melee in reaper is useless, waaah!!!) version.

Please cite your sources, and explicate your answers.

Hearts and Flowers,
MB.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
I did the entire chain on a 12 fighter/2 monk (this was supposed to be a tree at 20, but once I learned tree was useless after this update, I stopped putting monk levels in and just did a crappy Kensei Great Axe build) on R1.

never came close to dying.  I had heard the final fight on the capstone quest was very difficult.  I didn't have that problem, but I would stop beating on the beholder at each point where the "boss gets to X% of hit points and then mobs spawn", and go kill all the eyes... then back to beating beholder.  Was pretty simple when you do it that way.  Would have been faster on Warlock, but was fast enough for the gimp build I was in.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:14pm:
The one where you can ROFLstomp the whole chain cone-blasting with a Warlock from safe spots (the mobs seem to get stuck on the gates, which is not surprising because SSG).

The first 4 quests are pretty LULZ-worthy on any class (I did multiple runs on alts) on any difficulty, the end fight of the capstone quest is where the gulf between Warlock and any other class is blatantly obvious.

What R are you running them on?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:14pm:
Please post your build so we can all see where all the sad n00bs are failing.

Please list Race, Class(es), Feats Taken (by level), all Past Lives (Racial, Heroic, Iconic, and Epic), Equipped and Hot Swap Gear, Applied Tomes (Skill, Remnant Hand-Ins, Fate, and Ability), and strategies used for completion(s), and your verified completion time(s) via YouTube time-stamped video.

Also provide a rough approximation of the time spent grinding the above (in hours), or the real world currency spent to acquire.

Please elaborate on the vast performance superiority of Your Personal Build vis-a-vis "non Dire Charge melee version (aka the motherboard, melee in reaper is useless, waaah!!!) version.

Please cite your sources, and explicate your answers.

You first.  List in detail every melee build you've personally tried and failed with in Reaper.  Don't forget to provide strats and videos of your failures.   Roll Eyes

There are many videos of high skull reaper runs with DPS melee builds in them floating around these days.  Feel free to feed yourself and look them up.  If I wanted to spoon feed helpless people, I would have babies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xYImzCrn60  That's the only spoonful you get.  Savor it. 

2 healers.  1 tank.  1 wizard with 9 kills.  8 DPS melee with 197 total kills.on a 34 minute R1 Baba.   

It wasn't even an optimal min/maxed group of DPS melees.  2 melee rogues, 2 wraps monks, 1 tempest ranger, 1 melee druid wolf, 1 swash bard, and even a friggin 2HF barbarian that knows how to not fail at hard content.  Many of those same DPS melee run R7+ missions nightly.

See?  That's the thing, there's no one magic melee build for reaper.  There are many. 

The only real requirement is that the player running them not be a mouthbreather who spends more time posting on the forums about how they can't do something than they do actually learning how to do it.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2018 at 11:40pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:26pm:
I did the entire chain on a 12 fighter/2 monk (this was supposed to be a tree at 20, but once I learned tree was useless after this update, I stopped putting monk levels in and just did a crappy Kensei Great Axe build) on R1.

never came close to dying.  I had heard the final fight on the capstone quest was very difficult.  I didn't have that problem, but I would stop beating on the beholder at each point where the "boss gets to X% of hit points and then mobs spawn", and go kill all the eyes... then back to beating beholder.  Was pretty simple when you do it that way.  Would have been faster on Warlock, but was fast enough for the gimp build I was in.

It's difficult on 5 and above in my opinion. Some of that is because people are new to the fight. DPS is key and so is glitter dust.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:01am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 11:00pm:
. . . and so is glitter dust.

Glitter Dust being ubber is one of the best parts of the pack.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 10:25pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xYImzCrn60  That's the only spoonful you get.  Savor it. 

2 healers.  1 tank.  1 wizard with 9 kills.  8 DPS melee with 197 total kills.on a 34 minute R1 Baba.   

I can confirm that the melee with the most kills in this raid was also very drunk.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #20 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Not to derail but melee at cap vs. melee leveling (where most of the forum crybabies are stuck) are two different things.

I mean yeah, it's the bees knees if you have a high DC stunning fist monk and any melee build post Dire Charge.

But a level 14 ranger sure as fuck is not clearing R5's solo.

That being said, I'm also kinda sick of the big swinging dick forum randoms posting about how they "Clear solo R7 ezpz" on their DC sorcerers but leave out the fact that they have to cherry-pick the ever living shit out of what quests they can do that on.  One guy was bragging about how he can do R10's solo on a first life DC wizard.  Yeah, I know about Amber Temple too buddy.

Anyways...

The pack is only good for if you're at level 30 and need more RxP variety.  The only reason these aren't the shittiest dungeons ever made by SSG is because Newcomers exists.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #21 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:08am:
Not to derail but melee at cap vs. melee leveling (where most of the forum crybabies are stuck) are two different things.

I mean yeah, it's the bees knees if you have a high DC stunning fist monk and any melee build post Dire Charge.

That being said, I'm also kinda sick of the big swinging dick forum randoms posting about how they "Clear solo R7 ezpz" on their DC sorcerers but leave out the fact that they have to cherry-pick the ever living shit out of what quests they can do that on.  One guy was bragging about how he can do R10's solo on a first life DC wizard.  Yeah, I know about Amber Temple too buddy.

Anyways...

The pack is only good for if you're at level 30 and need more RxP variety.  The only reason these aren't the shittiest dungeons ever made by SSG is because Newcomers exists.

Agreed.   The "there is nothing wrong with melee besides your crappy game play.  Get good scrub" crowd is just as clownish.   I'd ask what game they are playing, but I already know.  Either they are playing the same 5-10 quests that they can actually complete over and over with blinders on and pretending the rest of the game (where their toon will struggle mightily) doesn't exist or they are running in a group with a tank, healer, and CC and never leaving the cozy confines of the backside of stunned, held, webbed, or intimm'd mobs.   

Self limiting your experience does not make it universally true.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
There's hyperbole on both sides of the argument.

Melee has it's issues but aren't as bad as many are saying.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:08am:

That's probably a reasonably accurate statement, but pewpew warlocks don't exactly cruise through R5s while leveling either.  Instakiller warlocks do, but that's a different topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint