Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Amber Temple (Read 6373 times)
Fuckwit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Amber Temple
Apr 25th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
good while it lasted. RIP in peace

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Amber Temple
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
they changed the 2 cards? hahah. guess people getting 40k-60k an hour was too good.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
I don’t understand. It’s like a 5 min farm rather than a 3? Ran it yesterday and didn’t have any trouble.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 10:01am
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 9:47am:
I don’t understand. It’s like a 5 min farm rather than a 3? Ran it yesterday and didn’t have any trouble.

I'm not sure as I have not played it yet, but we managed to get r10 completions down to under 2 minutes. on average. between the speedy completions, and the tricks used to fish for the 2 instances faster, we were getting a rate of 40k~ an hour in rxp. with all xp buffs possible, 6 man groups, on 80% ransack non-stop.

which was 66% faster than lawfulgood's heroic racial reaper guide where he states 15 hours per life and 200k reaper xp net gain. and much faster when the totality of having to swap your gear, spend your ap, and travel to each quest is accounted for in heroic grinding because none of that was needed and you could just spam the quest.

it was by far the best reaper farm in the game. it is how half that orien deleted list symb posted had 60-80 reaper ap at the time of deletions.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:01am
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 9:47am:

I understand this one. Snipe your way through 10 kills and then sprint to the icon. That's doable for almost anyone and you can manage it on WAAAAAY higher difficulty level than you can do most quests. You don't get any loot, but if you're someone who can solo Elite on most quests, you can do R2 for Amber Temple. If you're someone who can solo R1 on most quests, then you can do R6 in Amber Temple. That's a big jump in RXP that you can get each day.

ESPECIALLY if you're someone who can't handle Reaper most of the time.

fnord

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:44am
Print Post  
In a coordinated group it won't be much worse.  You just need two people to split up to get the mrak word.  So instead of taking 2 minutes it now takes 2.5 and instead of just afk'ing while one person does all the work you now need a gopher or two.

Mostly hit the shitbag DC wizard solo/duoists who thought they were king shit because they could do an R10.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:44am:
In a coordinated group it won't be much worse.  You just need two people to split up to get the mrak word.  So instead of taking 2 minutes it now takes 2.5 and instead of just afk'ing while one person does all the work you now need a gopher or two.

Mostly hit the shitbag DC wizard solo/duoists who thought they were king shit because they could do an R10.

You can solo several r10s with wiz, you can keep up the crying.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
No u

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 12th, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 10:01am:
which was 66% faster than lawfulgood's heroic racial reaper guide where he states 15 hours per life and 200k reaper xp net gain.

Where might one find this guide?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 12th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 2:05pm:
Where might one find this guide?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489601-Double-Reaper-Wings?p=6085721&v...

Quote:
The most efficient way to do this is to balance getting to level 20 efficiently and earning the most rxp. Running 6 hour 50% xp pots, it takes less than 24 hours to run to level 20 per life, which for me translates to between 3 and 5 days depending on which day of the week I TR and how the weekend falls in that interval. I keep my playtime somewhat casual, only 3 or 4 hours per night during the week, and more of course on the weekends and have no problems racking up huge rxp. Skip Korthos and immediately get to level 2 using daily roll stones that you saved from your previous life. Do all quests at level for full rxp. At level 2 start running R2. Bump it up to R3 when you get to level 4 and have the Reaper tree available. Bump it up to R4 when you can use heal scrolls, or unlock the next tier in the Reaper tree. Bump it up to R5 when you hit Gianthold at level 13. Adjust downwards as you progress (if you're losing noticeable amounts of time per quest), or upwards as desired (shorter quests with big rxp payouts), but keep it at R4 or R5 at least til you cap at level 20.

Done correctly, you should have at least 150K rxp in an average of 4 days (20-24 hours of game time). Even though you'll get more rxp per life doing all the quests as the OP described, by starting the wheel over again you will earn more rxp over time because you're earning more efficiently.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 12th, 2018 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Appreciated, sir.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - May 13th, 2018 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Yeah, but wtf does Frets know about DPS or anything else?  He should be playing a pure rogue, or whatever ~handwaving~ warlock sucks etc. etc.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #12 - May 13th, 2018 at 4:17am
Print Post  
I like the "casual 3 or 4 hours daily and more on the weekends" notion.

50% pots, always a party, cone tardlock all the time - I'd bet rxp per life is lower for most people.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2018 at 4:21am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #13 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:35am
Print Post  
I did 100k at cap today in a single day. 10-12 hours playtime. No firstime bonuses. Some serious fucking around though. Like 2man r10 multitude took an hour and I already had -20% from doing it earlier in the day on 7.

It was on a sorc though so... ...you know... eazy game.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2018 at 12:36am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:18am
Print Post  
I guess 3-4 hours a day IS casual compared to 10-12 hours per day.  I guess it just goes to show you that definitions of words like "casual" are all relative.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #15 - May 14th, 2018 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
I clearly missed something...

Did they nerf/intend to nerf Amber Temple?

Because I don't know anyone doing this farm (even though everyone knows it exists).

Was it THAT big a crisis? Were entire instances collapsing from overload of people farming Amber Temple? Did too many people have a Mythic +4 Traveler's Coat?

From the looks of it on that post, it required some significant investment in pots, party composition and time to make it yield maximum results.

Then again, I roll gimps and could give 2 fucks about Reaper/End-game/Shut-In-Wings (Which is odd, since I'm a total cosmetics whore. But it's just too much fuckin' work and I'm too cheap to buy pots).
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2018 at 4:43pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - May 14th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 4:42pm:
I clearly missed something...

Did they nerf/intend to nerf Amber Temple?

Because I don't know anyone doing this farm (even though everyone knows it exists).

Was it THAT big a crisis? Were entire instances collapsing from overload of people farming Amber Temple? Did too many people have a Mythic +4 Traveler's Coat?

From the looks of it on that post, it required some significant investment in pots, party composition and time to make it yield maximum results.

Then again, I roll gimps and could give 2 fucks about Reaper/End-game/Shut-In-Wings (Which is odd, since I'm a total cosmetics whore. But it's just too much fuckin' work and I'm too cheap to buy pots).

You couldn't get loot.  Just reaper XP.  But it was crazy easy.   And it was such a big deal to people who want reaper Xp for free that some were threatening to quit over the change.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint